Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-06-2014, 19:37   #1

Boat: Leopard 4200 Catamaran
Complete Series of Charts and Books for the Inside passage British Columbia to Alaska

I have a complete set of all the necessary charts and spiral bound cruising guides that one could possibly need to cruise the inside passage from Neah Bay, WA to Sitka, Alaska. Included is a set of special charts for a visit to the "Most Beautiful Place on Planet Earth - Princess Louisa Inlet.
These are currently listed on E-Bay in two seperate postings, but thought I would mention them here as well. They are up to date with all notices to mariners as of 2012 - the first year of our cruise. It took us two years, and we were rushed! The whole area is just unbelievable!
The charts are in excellent to new condition, and will make someone a great buy!

Oh, by the way, paper charts are always reccomended, but are required in Canada. Well, sort of - the authorities will not board you looking for charts, but if you experience any sort of issue, from grounding to accident to collision, THEN they will write you the ticket for not carrying all required navigation references - and your insurance Company is GUARANTEED to make a ruckus!
Old 28-06-2014, 02:46   #2

Boat: Orca 38
Re: Complete Series of Charts and Books for the Inside passage British Columbia to Al

Do you have a list of the charts and a price?
Old 28-06-2014, 18:53   #3

Boat: Leopard 4200 Catamaran
Complete Series of Charts and Books for the Inside passage British Columbia to Al

I do indeed! However, the listing is long, and I fear would take up much needed forum space here. I can either cut and paste it to your personal email, or ask you to just go to ebay.com and search for "inside Passage Chart" you will find two listings - one for the large single page charts, and another for the assembled books speaking more particularly to the San Juan Islands, the GulfIslands, Jervis Inlet, and Desolation Sound.
Bidding has been sparse, as I expected it would be, since these items are really only appealing to those with an immediate or projected need! However, the prices listed are what I would consider a fair start point for bidding, considering my initial outlay! As I have them listed with a starting price and no reserve, I will obviously sell at the start price. That said, as long as an offer to buy is not totally insulting, I would entertain offers as well. I am a cruiser, and I really want others to enjoy the areas I have seen - and the reality is, I will never return! After the auctions end, I will be free of any obligation to sell on EBay, and the auction ends in a day and a half!
Old 13-07-2014, 05:00   #4

Boat: Orca 38
Re: Complete Series of Charts and Books for the Inside passage British Columbia to Al

Did you ever sell those charts? I tried finding the auction on eBay to no avail! I was just curious.

John

Tags
alaska, books, british columbia, charts, columbia, passage