Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-12-2013, 09:37   #1

Boat: 1971 Columbia Mk II 34'
Columbia Mk II 34'

1971 Columbia Mk II 34 in overall good shape located in Pensacola FL. 5.5 ft draft, Palmer 4 cyl gas engine just had carb rebuild/ fuel lines replaced. Beautiful interior, exterior needs paint. Mast recently had all new marine-grade coax, electrical wires, lights, VHF antenna and one Halyard replaced.
Contact me for details.
I lived aboard for a year in the Pensacola area but live now in Knoxville TN. Will consider a trade for a similar boat in this area, or a large (23-26 ft) trailerable S/V for local lake waters.
One of the most beautiful boats I have seen in this range.
John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	looking foreward_small.JPG
Views:	271
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	72641   Click image for larger version

Name:	repainted topside1 small.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	72642  

Old 23-12-2013, 12:01   #2

Re: Columbia Mk II 34'

Apparently I forgot to add the price. Undoubtedly due to NOT enough caffeine or something. Anyway...the price is $9800.00. As I live some distance away, I will have to arrange with someone down in FL to meet with any prospective buyers but that should not be a problem.

I kinda hope she does NOT sell as I really want to transport her to my new "home waters" but the practical thing to do would be to sell her there (in FL) and replace her with something smaller and more local.

Reminder: The mast is DOWN for transport and lying on a pair of sawhorses just outside the view of the camera.

She is LOA 34' BEAM 10', draft 5.5 ft.
Blessings,
John
Old 23-12-2013, 13:11   #3
running down a dream

Boat: cape dory 30 MKII
Send a message via Yahoo to gonesail

the hull looks nice .. cool bunks. the 34 is an unusual design for sure. hope you don't leave her unattended for too long. good luck.
Old 23-12-2013, 21:56   #4

Boat: C&C Landfall 38, 1979

It is definitely a veteran boat. Any soft spots on decks / shrouds area? Any reasonably recent surveys?
Old 25-12-2013, 06:43   #5

Hi I am currently in the keys aboard a 1996Macgregor 26x . It's trailer is in central Illinois. I would like to discuss this vessel and maybe work out a trade.
Please contact me at RWD2bfree@gmail.com if you are interested. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCruisers Sailing Forum1387982602.826315.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	72700
Old 26-12-2013, 09:42   #6

CapnAldi: No recent surveys. I bought the boat three years ago and lived aboard for the first year. Moved back to Knoxville (TN) and have returned two or three times a year to try to keep her cleaned up. I had hopes of moving her up here but the economy has NOT been kind to me this last five years! If/when things turn around for me, I want to moved her but in the meantime, its too far to keep up a "long-distance relationship" so for now, a trailerable boat or the sale/re-purchase of something local makes more sense.

Soft spots....yes, there is a spot about the size of dinner platter between the mast and the foredeck. It definitely needs some work, but I think most of the readers of this forum know that its just a matter of time before something has to be repaired on our boats and that we are probably gonna have to do it ourselves. I would rather keep this one and "love" on her, than to start a new relationship with another boat. Sigh. Life doesn't always conform to our desires or expectations.
Hope everybody had a Merry Christmas.

John
Old 27-12-2013, 19:22   #7

Can you send me more pictures of it? Does it have working a/c? Is it heat too? My email is souwester23@gmail.com Also, what kind of shipping estimates have you seen so far, the is if you've gotten estimates.
Old 28-12-2013, 10:04   #8

Neckbone: I am responding via private E-mail. thanks for the inquiries.
John

Tags
columbia