Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-01-2015, 11:33   #1

Boat: S2 11.0C
Cinch Winch Electric Winch Handle

Hello Everyone,

I'm getting around to selling this Cinch Winch 1600. It's basically a Milwaukee Tools heavy duty 90 degree tool with a winch handle end. It takes 18V batteries and it comes with one good 18V Ni-Cad. plus charger. It has an infinitely adjustable trigger (Not just two speed.)

I'm looking to get $150 plus shipping for it and I'm pretty firm on the price. That's much less than the Milwaukee tool itself and the winch adapter is heavier duty than the units you can get on Amazon.

It came with my boat. The previous owner used it for two seasons of light sailing after he permanently hurt his shoulder. The tool is heavy but very, very powerful. My girlfriend zipped me up to the top of the mast in a bosun's chair quicker than I ever thought possible. I've used it a few times but I simply don't need it and I hate to see it get old and moldy!!

It is in very good shape. Slight scratches from being stored. I have a marina buddy that has a newer (and lighter) right angle Milwaukee drill with a (Amazon purchased) winch adapter and while his does the job, the Cinch Winch is quicker, smoother, more powerful and the added weight makes it easier to brace. It really is a nice piece of kit.

That's about all I can say other than I'd love to see it go to helping an older and saltier man (or woman) than I continue doing what he (or she) loves.

Thanks,

Ken
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CinchWinch1.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	420.7 KB
ID:	96177   Click image for larger version

Name:	CinchWinch2.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	416.6 KB
ID:	96178  

Click image for larger version

Name:	CinchWinch3.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	420.4 KB
ID:	96179  
Old 28-01-2015, 11:41   #2

Re: Cinch Winch Electric Winch Handle

Ken- I'll take it as long as the battery will hold a charge--Tim (saltysailor10@yahoo.com)
Old 28-01-2015, 11:55   #3

Tim,

Great! I'll charge the battery overnight and run it on one of my big winches with an old bit of sheet for friction to make sure its good. I ran it by itself for over 30 minutes before I posted the ad and the only reason I stopped was because of my ears complaining but you never know with batteries unless they get a good draw, eh?

Ken
Old 05-02-2015, 11:50   #4

Boat: Hunter, 380

I have been looking at the 28 volt version. They say the 18 volt doesn't quite have the power to do the job. Sounds like it worked for you. What size winch and what weight was involved when you got hoisted to the top of mast? Thanks, Rob
Old 07-02-2015, 06:18   #5

Cinch Winch Electric Winch Handle

Is it still available? If so please pm me.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:39   #6

Thanks to everyone for the interest. The Cinch Winch is sold.

To answer the previous question, the winch was more than powerful enough. My mast is 54 ft. above the waterline and even with a dirty sail track; it would winch the mainsail up smartly. I would have been more worried about tearing a sail because of the torque. Also, be careful of one speed winches and accidental reversing!!

Tags
electric, winch