Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-09-2013, 23:04   #1

Boat: 36' solaris sunrise catamaran
Be aware of THIS scam.

THIS SCAM CAME FROM AN ADVERT ENQUIRY _ -Please be aware!

Hello, my dearest, thanks for your response . Before I proceed , please I want you to know that I followed my intuition in making my contact with you , so it is by divine mandate am reposing my absolute confidence in you , hoping we will achieve success together . I never get misled whenever I followed my intuitive directive .

Please, permit me to introduce myself better ; I'm Ms. M'mzydya Hindolo , 19 years old girl from Sierra Leone , am a daughter to late Hindolo Sumanguru Trye,he was Ministry of Labor and Industrial Security in my country. He died on Thursday July 26, 2012 . And my biological mother died some 4 years ago . Meanwhile, I'm the only child of my biological mother .

My father secretly deposited the sum of US$3,600,000.00 ( Three million and six hundred thousand dollars ) in one of the leading banks ,in custody of my name as the next of kin. I therefore write that you partner with me over the transfer of this fund to your account and it's investment . After the fund is transferred to your account , I will join you there to further my studies , while you guide me well into investing the fund. In my next message I will tell you the reasons why I want to this fund transfer to your position and wish to leave my present location .It is my intention to compensate you with 15% of the total money.

As soon as I receive your positive response showing your interest I will put things into action immediately. Please do keep this secret only to yourself ,I beg you not to disclose it to a third party till I come over, once the fund has been transferred into your account. I hope my explanation is very clear but if you need further clarification, then send in your question(s). I look forward to hear from you .

My regards
Ms. M'mzydya Hindolo .
Old 15-09-2013, 23:47   #2

Re: Be aware of THIS scam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivonia View Post
Hello, my dearest,
Didnt need to read any further to know that was a scam
Old 15-09-2013, 23:49   #3

Boat: 36' solaris sunrise catamaran
Exclamation Re: Be aware of THIS scam.

I of course have not submitted all the e-mails leading up to this one. I had replies from my For Sale advert.

Peter
Old 16-09-2013, 05:10   #4

Boat: Sabre Sloop, 28'

As soon as I Craiglisted my boat the emails started coming in. They 'liked the listing and wanted to buy the boat" then asked me to send them "contact information and current price" (like it's not in the ad??). they just want you to send you a bogus cashier's check for ~more~ than you are asking, and have you send them cash ... then, of course, the check doesn't clear leaving you liable for the whole amount. Grrr....
Old 16-09-2013, 08:33   #5

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cape Dory 27

Folks, be careful. Scammers are always looking for a rube. Here's an extremely useful page to learn more about online scams and how to recognize them: craigslist | about > scams

Community Rules | Advertise on Cruisers Forum
Contribute to Cruisers Wiki | Document your Adventures at Sail Blogs