Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-11-2012, 16:29   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
Barient 23 ST winch

chrome
__________________

__________________
wolford is offline  
Old 29-11-2012, 16:36   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Stuart Fl
Boat: Cabo Rico 38
Posts: 686
Re: Barient 23 ST winch

How used?How Much?Location ?
Thanks
__________________

__________________
casual is offline  
Old 29-11-2012, 16:41   #3
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
Re: Barient 23 ST winch

I am buying, not selling. Looking to match one on my boat. Believed to be 1980s. Chrome starting to show wear but still looks acceptable. Would want to look at a photo and have representation that the winch is functioning properly before purchase. Located in Erie, PA. Don't know what the price should be, but would think around $350 given the age and unavailability of parts.
__________________
wolford is offline  
Old 29-11-2012, 16:45   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Stuart Fl
Boat: Cabo Rico 38
Posts: 686
Re: Barient 23 ST winch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolford View Post
I am buying, not selling. Looking to match one on my boat. Believed to be 1980s. Chrome starting to show wear but still looks acceptable. Would want to look at a photo and have representation that the winch is functioning properly before purchase. Located in Erie, PA. Don't know what the price should be, but would think around $350 given the age and unavailability of parts.
My Bad .
__________________
casual is offline  
Old 29-11-2012, 16:54   #5
Senior Cruiser
 
Sailmonkey's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston
Boat: '76 Allied Seawind II, 32'
Posts: 3,041
Good luck, I've already posted a thread here looking for one or parts.

If I can scrape together the cash for two new winches I'll have two for sale eventually.
__________________
Sailmonkey is offline  
Old 29-11-2012, 17:19   #6
Senior Cruiser
 
delmarrey's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Seattle/Alameda, CA
Boat: Modified Choate 40
Posts: 9,697
Images: 122
Re: Barient 23 ST winch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolford View Post
I am buying, not selling. Looking to match one on my boat. Believed to be 1980s. Chrome starting to show wear but still looks acceptable. Would want to look at a photo and have representation that the winch is functioning properly before purchase. Located in Erie, PA. Don't know what the price should be, but would think around $350 given the age and unavailability of parts.
Why not just have it re-chromed?

I have a pair of aluminum 23 ST's that I've been looking for new capstans. The old ones have wear marks from the last PO running a wire cable over them. So, if you happen across a couple please post here.
__________________
Faithful are the Wounds of a Friend, but the Kisses of the Enemy are Deceitful!
A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves!


http://choate-40.blogspot.com/
delmarrey is offline  
Old 29-11-2012, 17:29   #7
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
Re: Barient 23 ST winch

I plan to. Looking for a second one for a similar use.
__________________
wolford is offline  
Old 29-11-2012, 17:38   #8
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: East Islip, NY
Boat: C&C 29 mkII
Posts: 86
Re: Barient 23 ST winch

I've got a pair of chrome Barient #23 self tailing winches for sale. Selling them as a pair only. $400 each. Excellent working condition. Located in New York.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0153.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	406.2 KB
ID:	50456  
__________________
replusted is offline  
Old 29-11-2012, 19:22   #9
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
Re: Barient 23 ST winch

Twice as much as I need or wanted to spend. They also look to be in need of re-chroming. $300 each?
__________________
wolford is offline  
Old 30-11-2012, 03:30   #10
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Stuart Fl
Boat: Cabo Rico 38
Posts: 686
Re: Barient 23 ST winch

Quote:
Originally Posted by replusted View Post
I've got a pair of chrome Barient #23 self tailing winches for sale. Selling them as a pair only. $400 each. Excellent working condition. Located in New York.
Please tell me the base diameter,and the prior use.
Thank's
__________________
casual is offline  
Old 30-11-2012, 08:29   #11
Senior Cruiser
 
delmarrey's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Seattle/Alameda, CA
Boat: Modified Choate 40
Posts: 9,697
Images: 122
Re: Barient 23 ST winch

Quote:
Originally Posted by casual View Post
Please tell me the base diameter,and the prior use.
Thank's
Here's the spec sheet for the 23.



__________________
Faithful are the Wounds of a Friend, but the Kisses of the Enemy are Deceitful!
A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves!


http://choate-40.blogspot.com/
delmarrey is offline  
Old 30-11-2012, 10:54   #12
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: East Islip, NY
Boat: C&C 29 mkII
Posts: 86
Re: Barient 23 ST winch

Wolford, Thanks for your offer but it's too low to consider. I understand your dilemma and having to buy two winches when you only need one gets really expensive.

Casual, The winch bases measure 5.75" diameter at the widest point of the drum. The bronze base which is internal and is the part that gets mounted is 5.4" diameter. They were previously used as primaries on a 1983 C&C 29. A shoulder injury 11 years ago forced me to upgrade to more powerful winches or give up sailing. The choice was easy.
__________________
replusted is offline  
Old 30-11-2012, 14:40   #13
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Stuart Fl
Boat: Cabo Rico 38
Posts: 686
Re: Barient 23 ST winch

Quote:
Originally Posted by replusted View Post
Wolford, Thanks for your offer but it's too low to consider. I understand your dilemma and having to buy two winches when you only need one gets really expensive.

Casual, The winch bases measure 5.75" diameter at the widest point of the drum. The bronze base which is internal and is the part that gets mounted is 5.4" diameter. They were previously used as primaries on a 1983 C&C 29. A shoulder injury 11 years ago forced me to upgrade to more powerful winches or give up sailing. The choice was easy.
They are a little too big for my need's.Looking for a mainsheet winch.
Thank's for your time
__________________
casual is offline  
Old 04-12-2012, 03:58   #14
Registered User
 
Maxs's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Costa Rica
Boat: Catalina 38
Posts: 120
Too bad none of you are here in Costa Rica. I have a brand new 23 chrome, which I might install on my boat, and a friend hast three 23, one19 and two 52's for sale at $100 each! His boat sunk and the winches were one of the few things that he was able to salvage.
__________________
SVESTANCIA
Maxs is offline  
Old 04-12-2012, 13:07   #15
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Westport Point, MA
Boat: 1973 Viking 33
Posts: 23
Re: Barient 23 ST winch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxs View Post
Too bad none of you are here in Costa Rica. I have a brand new 23 chrome, which I might install on my boat, and a friend hast three 23, one19 and two 52's for sale at $100 each! His boat sunk and the winches were one of the few things that he was able to salvage.
Sure he won't ship them? I'd take all of them at that price! if they are Self tailing that is...
__________________

__________________
sloopdogg is offline  
 

Tags
barient, winch

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 17:46.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Sailing News Delivered to your Email!

Stay up-to-date with the latest cruising news.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]


ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.