Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-07-2012, 10:53   #1

Boat: Cal-Jensen 34 w Yanmar 3
Send a message via Skype™ to sonAdmiralson
Bargain sailing Opportunity for ASA bareboat charter certified captains/crew

ATTENTION: FLORIDA BAREBOAT CHARTER CERTIFIED CAPTAINS WITH CREW; FREE use of nice seaworthy 33 foot yawl for 2/3 weeks!!! (yes this is a delivery, but with great perks) She is a shallow draft, swing keel (centerboard) boat, designed specifically for use in the islands, where you can pass through shallow inlets and anchor in private protected lagoons where full keel boats cannot. You can avoid the crowded anchorages. If you have ever wondered what its like to sail a classic mizzen masted boat this is it, from Port St. Joe Florida to the Bahamas, a journey of about a week. The boat is USCG documented.
I am a US citizen, however my fiance cannot get a US visa, so we need to meet you in Nassau. Not only that, she was recently mugged here in Lima and refuses to travel without me. We have open tickets already purchased. You would pick up the boat in Port St Joe, Florida, sail down to Fort Meyers, motor sail through the Ockechobee Waterway to Stewart, and cross the Bimini Straight. You would be free to set your own schedule, and once arrived explore the Bahamas at your leisure for a period of time visting all the islands and fishing your dinner. The boat is loaded with snorkeling and exotic fishing gear. The galley has a new TFal frying pan and pressure cooker.
Mechanically, she has a newish (300 hrs) Yanmar 3YM30F, the latest, greatest fresh water cooled, economic and reliable 3 cyl. diesel engine out there. It only uses between 1/4 and 1/2 gallon/hour. She underwent a total refit in 2007 and has a porcelain Sea Traveler fresh water head, Origo swedish alcohol stove, newly packed stuffing box, new propshaft and prop, clean bottom, 12V fridge/freezer, and Mermaid central air conditioning. All interior wiring was redone, both 12 and 110V. There is a 1300 watt inverter on board. The mechanic who installed the engine is giving it a final checkover now and you can contact him regarding the general survey conditon of the boat. She holds 20 gallons of fresh drinkable water and 30 of fuel. The interior layout is set up for two or three people, one of the two bunks is only five foot and the other is about 5/10, however the forecabin is spacious and can accomadate two with ease, its more than 6/2 up there. If you know about boats, you know that Sea Traveller, Origo, Yanmar, and Mermaid are the state of the art equipment for cruising yachts today. Google the 33 Glander Tavana Yawl and you will find photos, specifications and history of the manufacture. Please contact me by private email or PM and we can discuss and exchange further terms and details. My teaching contract ends in a few weeks so we are eager to go. thanks

Tags
asa, bareboat, charter, sailing