Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 12:59   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator
Re: Anything and Everything

DOJ, or, as he is known to some folks(he does not have friends) "Drunk On Job", as per the previous attempt at this ploy, and you are merely being a jumper onnerer of the bandwagon type person, could we have a little more background to your request? Do you have standards in your required free stuff? Does it have to be clean, or is soiled underwear ok? Let's take it as a given that female versions fetch premium prices. Is a half bottle of stale beer worth more to you than say, not revealing the lost video of you and the goat?

What i really think is that you have copied this blatant theft on the good nature of the folks on this forum in order to get what you really want in life, no matter what the cost to the giver, and deep down, probably about half an inch being as shallow as you are, you are salivating on the thought of getting some free.............................................. ..............................................

BUCKETS!

Coops.
Old 06-02-2013, 13:14   #17
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops View Post
What i really think is that you have copied this blatant theft on the good nature of the folks on this forum in order to get what you really want in life, no matter what the cost to the giver, and deep down, probably about half an inch being as shallow as you are, you are salivating on the thought of getting some free.............................................. ..............................................

BUCKETS!

Coops.
Just wait until I get out of the harbour - folk may be surprised how often I get captured by Pirates and need help with a ransom .

Am gonna need a bigger bucket........
Old 06-02-2013, 13:23   #18

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

Gee DOJ , We have some really good Gumbo, and some red beans and rice your sure welcome to, But I just need a addy to send it to !! And of course with the mail being what it is today ! It might be a little smelly when ya get it !! LOL but if ya microwave it ya will still be able to eat it !! (with a good bunch of beer of course ) Let us know if it will help ya , OK?
Old 06-02-2013, 13:23   #19
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
Just wait until I get out of the harbour - folk may be surprised how often I get captured by Pirates and need help with a ransom .
Actually we have already started a DOJ pirate ransom fund but with one small change. We're going to pay the pirates to keep you.......

as long as possible.
Old 06-02-2013, 13:32   #20

I have some stuff I want to get rid of. I'll send it over, shipping to be paid COD.

Where do I send it to?
Old 06-02-2013, 13:38   #21
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post
I have some stuff I want to get rid of. I'll send it over, shipping to be paid COD.

Where do I send it to?
I really don't think you have grasped the spirit of this thread .....it's about being 100% generous - in a world where so often it is all about me, me, me and only what folks can get out of others..........
Old 06-02-2013, 13:43   #22

Boat: Columbia C45 45'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snore View Post
DOJ

Please accept my offer to assist you in this endeavour... I will gladly accept donations made in the Southeast US and forward them on to you. Less a minor administrative overhead.... A veek if you will

Yours in panhandling

Bill
I am willing to handle the SW for with an administrative chsrge.
Old 06-02-2013, 13:54   #23

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknav View Post
Sometimes, I find requests on here are out of this world. I am not sure if that is due to not taking medications on time, too much sun, too little sugar, or a combination of the three.
OK David, which of the three applies LOL?

We would all love to hear why (in 100 words or less) you think you deserve to have anything sent to you

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Old 06-02-2013, 13:58   #24
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)

Being the shallow person that I am all I can give you is a hard time.
But it is given freely, sincerely and not part of a social experiment.
Can I send it C.O.D?
Old 06-02-2013, 15:35   #25
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Well I didn't want it to come to this but I feel I must make the following revelation public.

Recently I send a shipload of mostly good stuff to DOJ - after a receiving a PM requesting same. I, being a generous soul, took him at his word that he just needed wanted some extra stuff; some which that could be used to obtain a better life - code for beer and loose women I suppose. Not sure of his tastes in that area, but the some of the stuff I sent could have (IMO) sourced some top shelf examples of same.

The outcome, well I now feel tremendous, full of life and bonhomie, ecstatic and generally all round great. It was mainly the joy of giving I think although I was happy to see the last of the ex ; the freight was expensive but oh, so worth it.

However I am not sure how DOJ now feels. After seeing this more public request, I wonder if he has some craving or addiction that isn't being properly (medically) managed; IMO, he seems unhappier now than when I received his PM. In hindsight, did I do the right thing in just giving him stuff? Maybe his self esteem would have been boosted if I had asked for a small (oh very small) payment in return.

I guess I will never know but thanks to the power of communication and of course, CF, maybe his cry for help will not go unheeded. Rally around him folks, he really needs your sh*te right now, today. Don't hold back, let him have both barrels (of beer that is).

Finally, I must say due to DOJ's willing to step out, I have discovered a tiny character flaw of my own. You see, although I gave way almost everything I own to him for FREE, I have unexpectedly found myself expecting a small token of his appreciation in return. I have been logging on every day waiting to get a "thank-you" note from DOJ - just a small one along the likes of "thanks Wot" or some such. Even if he had sent me his now defunct and totally useless goat but nothing has been forthcoming - but I can't blame DOJ, he never promised such, just a failing on my part. Callous of me isn't it.

DOJ, our my thoughts are with you in your hour week of need - opps almost type needy weak - sorry
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 06-02-2013, 15:44   #26
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Well I didn't want it to come to this but I feel I must make the following revelation public.
It sounds like you have enabled him, feeding his addictions. How can you expect an addict to change his behavior if you continue to excuse his actions and provide want he wants? All you have done is drive him out of the closet and into the light. Now he is 1 step away from standing at road intersections with a sign asking for handouts, forcing people stopped to have to look away.

In the end it isn't DOJ's fault, it is people like you!
Old 06-02-2013, 15:59   #27

Surely there is a government program to help this worthy yet needy person? Hark all of you liberals here is your chance to come take my money and give it to this guy and show your compassion for your fellow man.
Old 06-02-2013, 15:59   #28

If you don't ask, they cannot say no.
Old 06-02-2013, 16:14   #29
CLOD

Boat: none

there is a sign in Doj's future

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ers-38846.html
Old 06-02-2013, 16:17   #30
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

I guess this is the flip side of the "down" economy.

Employers can use it as an excuse to further screw workers.

AND

All the grifters hit the forum looking for free stuff. Southwinds magazine also seems to highlight the cases of those that are having a "hard time" in the Keys, etc on unemployment keeping there yachts up to legal standards.

Tags
Babes, Beer, Boats, Cash, Free is good