Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-01-2012, 14:47   #1

Boat: DeFever 49 RPH "Mermaid Lil" in U.S.; Zijlmans Eagle 43 "Mermaid Lil" in Europe
Anchors , Anchors and More Anchors

Danforth (Genuine) 90H galvanized anchor. Good condition, not painted. On a few small areas the galvanizing has worn. I bought it used in S. Florida as a hurricane mooring anchor after the hurricanes of 2004 (3 of them past my dock – see Sept 2005 Passagemaker Magazine for story) Next hurricane it was going to go in as a breast anchor to hold me off the dock – but we haven’t had a hurricane since! Sold our DeFever 49 trawler so now need to sell the anchor. At Boater’s World lists it for $1261:
http://www.boatersworld.com/product/MP81112619.htm?utm_medium=cpa&utm_source=Shopping
Price: $450. Located in Daytona Beach area of Florida (32169). Pick up only.

Some of my other anchors I used on previous boats and/or as hurricane moorings off my dock:

Bruce (Genuine) 20kg (44#) galvanized anchor -- $125

S.S. Plow anchor (original equipment on DeFever 49 RPH): $175

U.S. Anchor (Danforth style) 40# galvanized anchor – nice anchor is very good condition (only in the water two or three times)-- $75

S.S. 50# Rock Pick disassemble anchor in storage bags, with both mud and rock (interchangeable) flukes. Disassembles into 5 pieces…..the shank, stock, crown (base), and set of flukes….with an additional pair of flukes (one set is rock, one set is mud [wider flukes]). Storage bags from acrylic material. -- $250

Northill S.S. foldable anchor (sea plane or PT boat style) -- $85. See full description here: http://anchors.synthasite.com/northill-anchor.php

Also have 200’ new New England brand Premium ¾-inch black three-strand nylon anchor line (never been wet) and 100’ of the same that was in the water once. West Marine page 227, item 357038 lists it at $2.19/ft. Will sell the 200’ rode for $250 and the 100’ rode for $120. Would make great deck lines also.

Also have probably 200 – 250’ or more of 3/8-inch G4 (high test) chain taken off of our trawler. Some sections have the galvanizing worn off but overall, chain is in very serviceable condition. If interested email me and I will pull it out and measure how long and provide pictures. $1.25 a foot for the entire length….don’t want to cut into smaller lengths…all or nothing.

Variety of anchoring related parts, i.e., shackles, thimbles, etc. If you come for an anchor remind me to show you what else I have.

Email at scubeinc@bellsouth.net

Everything listed is for pickup only in the Daytona Beach, Florida area
Old 16-01-2012, 15:49   #2

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400 40 ft "Camp David
Re: Anchors, anchors and more anchors

Interested in the s.s. plow. can you tell me the size and if it is a CQR style knock off.

Fletch
Old 16-01-2012, 16:48   #3

Boat: DeFever 49 RPH "Mermaid Lil" in U.S.; Zijlmans Eagle 43 "Mermaid Lil" in Europe

The size is a 45 pound CQR style/design anchor....not a branded CQR. I'm not even sure CQR made a s.s. anchor. It was surely Taiwanese built as it was a standard anchor for the DeFever 49 RPH trawler. My mistake on not listing the size....did you need the physical dimensions?
Old 16-01-2012, 17:01   #4

Boat: Pearson 385

PM sent regarding chain.
Old 16-01-2012, 17:20   #5

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400 40 ft "Camp David

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermaidLil View Post
The size is a 45 pound CQR style/design anchor....not a branded CQR. I'm not even sure CQR made a s.s. anchor. It was surely Taiwanese built as it was a standard anchor for the DeFever 49 RPH trawler. My mistake on not listing the size....did you need the physical dimensions?
I would buy the anchor if I can find a reasonable way to get it back up north.

can you send me a message davidcfletcheratrogers.com and I will see if it can work out

Fletch
Old 16-01-2012, 19:13   #6

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400

I have an interest in the chain, and I see my friend David Camp has an interest in one of your anchors. Is the chain still avalible? If so I may run over and pick up both and ship the anchor for David.
Old 17-01-2012, 08:41   #7

CORRECTION TO ANCHOR CHAIN:

I took the chain out this morning and found I had already cut it into one 110' length; one 50' length and three 20' lengths. I thought I was going to wait for the next hurricane before I cut it up but I guess I didn't (that was 7 years ago!). The 3/4-inch line posting was correct (one 200' [actually it is 198 or 199') and one 100' [probably 101' or 102' as this was originally a 300' spool]).

The "worst" section....the first 3 - 4' has some rust developing on the links. The rest of the chain is actually in better condition then I remembered.

Pictures are available and you can email directly at scubeinc@bellsouth.net if you desire them.

Sorry for the misinformation about the lengths. This may not interest you now. I've had a number of equires about the chain and will contact each person who has inquired directly to make sure they realize I mis-stated the lengths.

Thanks.
Old 17-01-2012, 09:40   #8

Boat: Pearson 385
I am still interested in the 110 foot piece.

Richard
Old 17-01-2012, 11:24   #9

Hi Sir,

I would be interested in your Northill anchor. Could you give me an idea of its weight, I could not find it in the link you had. You can send the info at : sylmass7 (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanking you in advance,

Syl
Old 17-01-2012, 11:26   #10

Boat: Beneteau 50

I'd buy the 90H if it was a bit cheaper, like $300. Then shipping costs to NY would be practical for me.

Anyone driving or sailing from Fl to Ny want to have an extra anchor onboard???

Regards,
Brad

2000 Beneteau 505 "Summer Boost"
Old 17-01-2012, 13:48   #11

Vamonos,

The person I hauled the chain out to measre for this morning has decided to take both the 110' and 50' sections (along with two anchors). He is supposed to pick them up late tomorrow or first thing on Thursday. If that does not happen I will PM you a note and let you know.

Thanks for hanging in there though.

Pete
Old 19-01-2012, 09:28   #12

UPDATE TO ANCHORS, ANCHORS and MORE ANCHORS for sale:

The following items have been sold:
Bruce anchor
S.S. Plow anchor
U.S. (Danforth style) anchor
All 3/4-inch line
All sections of 3/8 chain

The following is under a "spoken for but not paid yet" status: Northill anchor

Still AVAILABLE: Danforth (Genuine) 90-H high tensile galvanized anchor (see original post at the top of this thread) -- $450

If the Northill becomes available again I will post it here.

Thank you for your responses to this original post.

Tags
anchor