Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-03-2015, 07:09   #1

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris
Anchor - Grappler / Reef

GRAPPLER Reef Anchor - $50.00 plus postage

I had to buy this anchor when a extremely expensive propeller fell off my shaft into filthy murkie water which prevented diving for recovery. I was unsuccessful after a whole day of dragging it back and forth. So now it sits unused, lonely and needing a good new home.

This hand-welded anchor is designed for use on rocky bottoms, including around reefs and jetties. Its aluminum alloy composite allows it to grip onto any hard surface, and with enough pressure, the tines bend to release from the bottom. Due to the anchor’s material composition, not only is it easy to bend the tines back in place, but it’s lightweight for easy stowing

Its aluminum alloy composite allows it to grip onto any hard surface, and with enough pressure, the tines bend to release from the bottom. Due to the anchor’s material composition, not only is it easy to bend the tines back in place, but it’s lightweight for easy stowing and deployment.

Simply adding a heavier line or chain can add additional weight as desired to customize it to the way it’s being used. A bottom trip also allows this anchor to be rigged differently. Instead of attaching the chain to the top loop, it can be chained to the bottom loop and zip-tied to the top. This way, when the anchor line is pulled hard enough, the tie will break and the anchor will flip upside down and release off the bottom.
Style: Grapnel
Material: Aluminum
Application: Rocky bottoms with small boats and dinghies
Warranty: Two years
Size: 18" x 14"

Bendable Tines
It's what defines The Grappler. The bendable tines, made of high quality aluminum alloy, provide superior holding power, matched with the unique flexibility to release your anchor from its stuck position. Whether above a reef, oyster bed, rocky bottom, or any other tangled surface, simply apply enough force and your Grappler anchor will release from its fixed position. Once you hoist the Grappler on to your boat it’s easy to bend the tines back to their original position.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Grappler Reef Anchor.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	99701   Click image for larger version

Name:	Anchor Grappler Reef 1.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	99702  

Old 10-04-2015, 21:32   #2

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris
Re: Anchor - Grappler / Reef

** Explanation or what we are listing ***
I have failed to mention enough times that ALL of the stuff we are listing is from our boat and has been collected over the years when I could sail and cruise. My terminal cancer has ended all of that so we are trying to find a good home for the stuff. Since quite a bit of it is "old" and no longer available or made, we thought cruisers might be interested - especially if you had one and now would like to replace your broken one with an exact or near duplicate and no longer available.
Old 12-04-2015, 14:36   #3

Boat: Mckee Craft
Re: Anchor - Grappler / Reef

Still have it? Where do you live I might pick it up?!
Thanks

Tags
anchor