Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-08-2012, 10:36   #46

Boat: KH 49x, Custom
Re: $500.00 !! REWARD !! For Catamaran Under $120k

Just trying to help.

Paul.
Old 23-08-2012, 10:36   #47
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Good price on a Lerouge designed Azuli. And no saildrives!
Brokerage
Old 23-08-2012, 10:50   #48

Boat: 1994 39 Privilege

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
Quintana, do not speak of that which we are forbidden to speak of.
Amphibious, where are you?
I am based in Tx with family. Its great place to fly out of as we look for cats. Hawaii has very few boat. When they do have one they are very expensive.
Old 23-08-2012, 10:51   #49

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

PM sent
Old 23-08-2012, 11:28   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
Good price on a Lerouge designed Azuli. And no saildrives!
Brokerage
Aloha SJM
Wow this looks like one sweet cat. Thank you so very much for showing it to me. This is one I did not know of. The web site did not have much info on it. I shot the broker a email for more info and pictures.
I am very excited about this cat.
I will see how plays out. This is a find well worth 5OO.00 a big batch of cookies and a hug from me or Nicole.
Thank you much
Jack
Old 23-08-2012, 13:40   #51
smj

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphibious1 View Post
Aloha SJM
Wow this looks like one sweet cat. Thank you so very much for showing it to me. This is one I did not know of. The web site did not have much info on it. I shot the broker a email for more info and pictures.
I am very excited about this cat.
I will see how plays out. This is a find well worth 5OO.00 a big batch of cookies and a hug from me or Nicole.
Thank you much
Jack
The Lerouge designed cats are some of my favorite. Great performance, probably outperform just about anything in that size range but they do lack from headroom in the salon, a feature which doesn't bother me. They don't come on the market that often.
I'll take the hug from Nicole and trade the $500 for a sail on her if you buy her!
Old 23-08-2012, 13:51   #52
smj

Here's a YouTube video of an Azuli sailing under spinnaker in 15 kts of wind doing 15kts of boat speed! Some cats do sail well!
Old 23-08-2012, 14:11   #53

Boat: Grainger cat

That Azuli F40 has been on the market for quite a while now and the price has dropped about 20,000 euros in last couple of months.
It's here on this french site; most boats are for sale by owners and you might be able to speak direct with the owner, with the help of google translate.
Catamaran habitable AZULI F40 croisière sportive Nautisme Morbihan - leboncoin.fr
10 photos on this ad.
A member on That Other Multihull Site We Shall Not Name has one, maybe you can talk to him about the boat. They would be a weapon cruising boat and loads of fun to sail, though the lack of standing headroom in the saloon puts off some buyers.
Old 23-08-2012, 14:23   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
The Lerouge designed cats are some of my favorite. Great performance, probably outperform just about anything in that size range but they do lack from headroom in the salon, a feature which doesn't bother me. They don't come on the market that often.
I'll take the hug from Nicole and trade the $500 for a sail on her if you buy her!
Aloha SJM
Thanks for the information. I am only 5'8" and nicole is shorter so the head room is not a big issue. Thats great a hug from nicole and $500. for sail on her.
Sweet we have good paying charter costumers already..lol

big thanks I am waiting to hear from the broker
Old 23-08-2012, 14:28   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_groover View Post
That Azuli F40 has been on the market for quite a while now and the price has dropped about 20,000 euros in last couple of months.
It's here on this french site; most boats are for sale by owners and you might be able to speak direct with the owner, with the help of google translate.
Catamaran habitable AZULI F40 croisière sportive Nautisme Morbihan - leboncoin.fr
10 photos on this ad.
A member on That Other Multihull Site We Shall Not Name has one, maybe you can talk to him about the boat. They would be a weapon cruising boat and loads of fun to sail, though the lack of standing headroom in the saloon puts off some buyers.
Aloha Ocean Groover.
Thanks for the link. It was good to see some more pictures of her. Wow what a sleek and fast looking boat. I am curious why it has not sold yet?
I will try to get in touch with the owner on the other site..

Thanks for your time and info
Old 23-08-2012, 16:23   #56

Boat: Grainger cat

Thanks mate, welcome.

I'd guess that between the saloon headroom issue and the one central mounted motor, a lot of buyers would rule it out. Also this boat is fast, will have relatively slender hulls, and won't have the accomodation that the caravan-cats offer. Can't tell for sure from the photos, but is that a rotating mast I can see as well? Some buyers will avoid this feature too.

I looked at a smaller Eric LeRouge for sale in Puerto Rico a while back. The owner of that boat told me he'd been in touch with Eric about the boat and reckoned he was real friendly and happy to answer questions. One thing to know would be if the boat can be beached on it's keels. This will save you slipping fees on your circumnav.

As an aside, I sold my last boat by phoning all my mates on the waterfront up the coast and offered a $1000 handshake to whoever introduced me to the buyer of my boat. Sure enough, one of the hungry ones found me a buyer; cheaper than a broker, no advertising campaign was needed; happy to sling a mate the cash instead.
Old 23-08-2012, 16:32   #57
smj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_groover
Thanks mate, welcome.

I'd guess that between the saloon headroom issue and the one central mounted motor, a lot of buyers would rule it out. Also this boat is fast, will have relatively slender hulls, and won't have the accomodation that the caravan-cats offer. Can't tell for sure from the photos, but is that a rotating mast I can see as well? Some buyers will avoid this feature too.

I looked at a smaller Eric LeRouge for sale in Puerto Rico a while back. The owner of that boat told me he'd been in touch with Eric about the boat and reckoned he was real friendly and happy to answer questions. One thing to know would be if the boat can be beached on it's keels. This will save you slipping fees on your circumnav.

As an aside, I sold my last boat by phoning all my mates on the waterfront up the coast and offered a $1000 handshake to whoever introduced me to the buyer of my boat. Sure enough, one of the hungry ones found me a buyer; cheaper than a broker, no advertising campaign was needed; happy to sling a mate the cash instead.
Was that the Cite d Alet? If so was she in good shape? always liked that boat.
Old 23-08-2012, 16:42   #58
smj

Here's a pic of a Azuli dried out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2359286443.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	340.2 KB
ID:	45467  
Old 23-08-2012, 16:47   #59

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

Looks like the OP is going for an L37. Everything on the wish list was thrown out the window. All boats are compromises.
Old 23-08-2012, 17:03   #60
smj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab
Looks like the OP is going for an L37. Everything on the wish list was thrown out the window. All boats are compromises.
I don't know. They're getting the size they wanted within the budget with good bridgedeck clearance and straight shaft drive. Their missing out on daggerboards and maybe owners version maybe not.

Tags
catamaran