Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-11-2014, 09:47   #1
Wayfaring Mariner

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Skookum 53'
471 Detroit Diesel and 506 Twin Disc

Running engine was removed recently from my boat, keel cooled. It had to be dismantled to get it small enough to remove from my engine compartment. LH Twin Disc reduction gear in good condition also. Let the pair go for $2000.00. I expect that it will be an AK sale only, pickup in Homer, AK. If you want it boxed and freighted, I will only charge what it costs me for that.
Old 02-12-2014, 19:23   #2

Boat: Skookum 53 ketch
Re: 471 Detroit Diesel and 506 Twin Disc

Hi Brad (know yr name from biilr Skookum refit thread). My make is Dave. Am in yard in SF Bay putting new rigging onna Skookum 53 (used to was named C-ROAM-ANCE, changed to Albee Rose). Hope you won't look askance on my trying to get hold of you on this thread but wasn't sure how best to go at it (all I can do to hunt and peck on my phone to get registered so could hail you).

Am a commercial fisherman, too, outta Sitka. Am at stage where masts up (ketch) and just trying to line out how and where to position winches (boat came with a Barient 28 on front of house and unsuitable winches on each mast for halyards. Picked up some old nontailer Lewmars for sheeting roller furlers put on (headsail and staysail). So along with main and mizzen got 4 sails possibly to work.

Should say if you are busy or ain't got interest, no worries. If you gotta free moment, surely would appreciate talking thru yr deck layoufor time either way.t for sailing that I assume strives to minimize conflicts with fishing. If time, pls. call (907) 738-null dos null null. Tx.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:54   #3
Wayfaring Mariner

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Skookum 53'
Re: 471 Detroit Diesel and 506 Twin Disc

No problem, I'll give you a call when it is a decent hour. You can always use the PM feature on the forum, right click on my Avatar and the option will come up.

Tags
diesel