Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-03-2011, 02:11   #1

Location: Katya, my partner, our sons, Samson (14) and Zacary (9)and I live in Calstock, Cornwall, England
Boat: 35' ketch
40' Steel Ketch Immediate Sale Spain £17000

Domingo is a 40-foot steel ketch with fine underwater lines and good amount of sail area. She is exceptionally stable and provides excellent seaworthiness. Her most outstanding feature is the light and roomy living areas. The main salon features 6’7” headroom and wrap around windows.
She has a comfortable centre-cockpit and averages 6’2” headroom throughout (even 6’ in both passageways to the aft and forward cabins). She is perfect as a liveaboard cruiser. She has a 4 cylinder 100hpVolvo Penta turbo charged Diesel.
Domingo had been neglected by her former owners, and we have worked to make her a good sailer again. The two of us have sailed her in Morocco and across to Gibraltar and Southern Spain with our 3-year old son.

Originally purchased to cruise the North coast of Africa to Tunisia, time ran out and revolutions took rise, and we are selling a great vessel for very little.

We are moored at Marina La Bajadilla at Marbella and the berthing is about £350 per month if one wished to remain here. British registered. A 4-page spec sheet will be sent to those interested.

VAT Paid
Contact Ross at herossea2004@yahoo.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hauled out Marina Smir a.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	25536   Click image for larger version

Name:	Domingo Marbella a.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	25537  

Name:	Domingo Cockpit a.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	25538   Click image for larger version

Name:	Domingo salon forward a.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	25539  

Name:	Domingo Salon a.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	25540   Click image for larger version

Name:	Domingo aft cabin pot bunk a.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	25541  

Old 27-03-2011, 08:30   #2

Boat: Custom 41' Steel Pilothouse Cutter
Re: 40' Steel Ketch Immediate Sale Spain £17000

Nice looking vessel. Good luck with selling her...if the hull is free of corrosion, that's a very compelling price.

What year was she built and where?
Old 27-03-2011, 09:15   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to mannyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossea View Post
Domingo is a 40-foot steel ketch with fine underwater lines and good amount of sail area. She is exceptionally stable and provides excellent seaworthiness. Her most outstanding feature is the light and roomy living areas. The main salon features 6’7” headroom and wrap around windows.
She has a comfortable centre-cockpit and averages 6’2” headroom throughout (even 6’ in both passageways to the aft and forward cabins). She is perfect as a liveaboard cruiser. She has a 4 cylinder 100hpVolvo Penta turbo charged Diesel.
Domingo had been neglected by her former owners, and we have worked to make her a good sailer again. The two of us have sailed her in Morocco and across to Gibraltar and Southern Spain with our 3-year old son.

Originally purchased to cruise the North coast of Africa to Tunisia, time ran out and revolutions took rise, and we are selling a great vessel for very little.

We are moored at Marina La Bajadilla at Marbella and the berthing is about £350 per month if one wished to remain here. British registered. A 4-page spec sheet will be sent to those interested.

VAT Paid
Contact Ross at herossea2004@yahoo.com
older than what I would want to get into... plus I like roller mainsail and roller furling on a boat... nothing like putting up the sails easily for a short sail..
Old 27-03-2011, 10:24   #4

Location: Katya, my partner, our sons, Samson (14) and Zacary (9)and I live in Calstock, Cornwall, England

This is only allowing me to reply to the last thread so I will answer both questions with it.

Domingo was built at the Krupp Shipyard in 1976 and the bottom has maintained itself with only corrosion on the deck because of putting teak and plywood over steel. The deck has been sealed with epoxy for the aft third and with five layers of roofing paint overall which has stopped all leaks save two and I am working on those (in the mid section deck where it is concealed behind cabinets of course).

We have had her in some not too good weather and she handled everything fine. The jib leads need re-positioning and the main needs replacing. There is a main exactly her size sitting with the sailmaker at Estepona for 400 Euros that is new and fully battened off a Swan who went the roller furling mainsail way.

We do have a Silex roller furling forstay with 180% Genoa attached and another Genoa stored in the forepeak. I like roller furling jibs by the way, but do not like roller furling mains at all, but then I like downhauls from the head on both, like in the ol' days.

At this price she is a very good boat with the Med season approaching and a nice enough draft to go up the French canals.

The boat we are in love with is waiting for us to make this sale and move into her, so offers on Domingo can be creative.

Ross
Old 04-04-2011, 00:55   #5

Boat: Roaring Girl: Maxi 120 ketch, 12 long

I am not looking (already ahve one hole in the water but is that seventeen thousand euroes (not seventy thousand)
Old 04-04-2011, 01:07   #6

Sarah and Pip,
Thanks for the interest. Coincedently, the boat we are trying to buy is 70,000Euros, but we need to sell Domingo to do that, so somebody is going to get a real deal here at £17,000, not Euros or there about.
We have a hole in the land and a hole in the water and probably a hole in the head but hopefully this very perfect boat we want will give us much joy in return. It is bigger and much much older, and gaff.
Ross

Tags
Spain