Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008, 17:37   #1

27' Albin Vega for Sale in Fiji

27’ AlbinVega for sale. Currently in Fiji. $13,900 or trade
The Albin Vega is a tough,capable offshore cruiser. Built in Sweden, it is one of the strongest 27 foot sailboats ever built. "ISIS" sailed from Newport, OR to SF to Hawaii to the South Pacific. With her 3’10” draft it is a perfect boat for the S. Pacific. Check out the blog for photos and postings.
| Floating On
For spec list: Highlight this drop.io site, copy and paste on to Google: drop.io albinvegaisis

“ISIS” is set up for blue water cruising: Yanmar engine (new in 2001),Gori
folding prop, cutter rig with removable inner forestay, Fleming wind
vane, Auto Helm tiller pilot, ,hard dodger, 4 man Viking Life raft in
valise( new 2007), new Vega aluminum windows (2006), Garmin 162 GPS,
everything ready for your SSB with ground plates, wiring and Galaxy
whip antenna, Sails and upgraded rigging 2001, Refit in 2007. New portable Yamaha generator, heavy duty ground tackle and more.
Call or email for details.
(541) 633-7230, (503) 593-1380, ptresness@hotmail.com
Old 01-12-2008, 18:00   #2

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
So what changed your cruising plans if you dont mind me asking..your last entry 9-10 makes no mention of it and you seemed you were in Heaven.

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:43   #3

My plans when I left Isis in Fiji was to work for 4 months to feed the cruising budget then return to continue cruising the S.Pacific and perhaps further. Isis and I have cruised the Bahamas, traveled across the US to Oregon, spent months together in the shop, traveled down the West coast (very rough), across to Hawaii (a piece of cake), then to the islands of the S. Pacific. All this time she has been a great and safe cruiser and I love her and had intended to return to her. Then fate stepped in and a boat I saw in Fiji ,but was over my budget, became available at a price I could afford. So, my cruising plans remain the same but with a new companion who, if as half as safe and stable as Isis I will be happy. Isis will take her new owner anywhere in the world.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:26   #4

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
Thanks for the update...what are you getting..hope Im not asking to may questions ..but some of us are living the dream through the few of you out there doing it and willing to share about it with us.

Good luck

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:55   #5

Boat: Currently Stranded
It's funny, although i know that the Vega is a capable boat. Having grown up in sweden, I find myself stuck in the mental mindset where the Vega was considered more of a joke than a boat. (see Segelsalskapsresan)

I read about the three from northern Sweden who did a complete circumnavigation in one. I've read about countless atlantic crossings in Vegas, Every fact out there tells me i'm wrong. and i still can't stop thinking about it as anything but the AMC Pacer of the seas.

Best of luck to you on your future voyages. I hope you find a good buyer for her.
Old 02-12-2008, 18:28   #6

Hello csiunatc,
I am afraid you are wrong on this. Maybe you got that idea because the Vegas don't cost $100,000.
A boat that is inexpensive CAN BE GOOD! Every book I have read rates the Albin Vega as one of the top ten pocket cruisers.
Mcv
Old 14-12-2008, 05:17   #7

Boat: ex-WHOOSH, Pearson 424 Ketch
I think the Vega is still the most enjoyable-to-sail, most easily sailed cruising boat I've ever helmed. It's structural integrity - the mast step issue aside - is excellent. Reading The Log of the Mahina is a pleasing, informative introduction to what the Vega is capable of - even in the hands of an inexperienced young sailor.

Jack
Old 26-12-2008, 12:49   #8

Albin Vega, Fiji, SALE PENDING

Thanks to all that expressed interest in ISIS.

We have a sale pending.

Tags
Albin Vega, Fiji