Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 17:21   #76

Boat: Cal 2-27
Re: 26+' sailboat with wheel steering

link to auction site????
Old 11-02-2013, 08:22   #77

Great posting folks... I went and saw the boat the thread is about. It's priced accordingly. It's a project boat. But Scott, to say you are going to sue, and your wife cried is way out of line. The boat smelled like crap, literally. You said the head overflowed from the rocking due to the wind. B.S. The wind was bad, but no where near as bad in the marina as it is out sailing. You pulled the Lectra-san. The photo's you posted of the interior, was what made me spend the time, 10hrs, and money for gas to look at Worldwind. Too bad she didn't actually look like that. When I said something about the deck being spongy, you seemed shocked, and that I must be mistaken. Well.. all those little holes drilled and filled around the mast were not done at the factory. I guess you never noticed them. I could go on and on, but I was very interested despite the needed work. My friend, as you know was not, but he did infer on the way home that he would spot me the cash to get it. Then you emailed me about trading my jeep for it, and I replied, I was game. Three hours later, I heard you were donating it. I WOULD NOT have gone to all the trouble to see it if I had thought you were that squirrelly. Look at your comments... especially the one about if anyone knew of a good boat in Md. You're moving to Arizona right? Or is that a lie as well? All in all, dealing with you left a really bad taste in my mouth....
Defamation is falsely making statements that may hurt someone. Sometimes, the TRUTH hurts.
Old 13-02-2013, 08:11   #78

A BIG THANK YOU to the MODERATORS, for leaving this thread up. I know it got a little snippy at times, but that was a good thing. It showed the owner of the S2 complaining, for what he is. And helped me to make a decision about buying his boat. The entire drama may help others to open their eyes when buying a boat. Caveat Emptor.

So please let me add a little more.
I traveled, along with two friends and their dog, to see his boat on Saturday, 2-9-13. I got there around 1:30. After seeing his boat, we told him we wanted to sleep on it.

His first post was #40, at 9:43 the following day.
"We have copied all your related statements on various sailing forums and are considering legal action with regards to your defamatory statements."

His second, post #42, at 10:01
"Defamatory statements regardingGood viable points and info,point taken.
How would you feel if someone said that your kid was ugly and posted it all over the intraweb?
He made my wife cry when I read his comments from various sites,not cool man,not cool.
Hey,I wish Jim all the best in finding the right boat for him and his family,but to make statements to facts he knows very little about in a worldwide forum,and potentially hurt the sale of another's boat,is just not right.
We were looking to "Pay it forward",with the sale of our boat,and were looking to gain nothing in profit but what we had into her.
This thread should have been deleted,and my concerns addressed by the moderator. the sale of our boat.
I was going to post her for sale on Cruiser's Forum here,but Thanks to Jim,this will definitely hurt the sale of our boat.
I have inquiries about our vessel to whom have read Jim's statements here on CF.
I said we are "considering"

I don't see how any comments here hurt his sale. We were not aware of them until he mentioned someone trashed him on CF. We were serious about buying, but were busy talking between ourselves on the logistics of getting the boat seaworthy enough to move to our marina in southern MD.

His third, 10:43, post #45
"Good viable points and info,point taken.
How would you feel if someone said that your kid was ugly and posted it all over the intraweb?
He made my wife cry when I read his comments from various sites,not cool man,not cool.
Hey,I wish Jim all the best in finding the right boat for him and his family,but to make statements to facts he knows very little about in a worldwide forum,and potentially hurt the sale of another's boat,is just not right.
We were looking to "Pay it forward",with the sale of our boat,and were looking to gain nothing in profit but what we had into her.
This thread should have been deleted,and my concerns addressed by the moderator. "

His 4th post, #47, 11:20.
Now you have become one of the status quo.
You have just proved my point to why I wanted this thread deleted in the first place.
Btw,open your eyes,you can't call my kid ugly on the internet.
It's called cyberbullying.

His 5th post, #52, 13:06.
We are actually just going to give her away to the right person for free.
We gotta' go.
It's never been about money with us..
It's the experience.

Well..I can assure you... he did not offer to give US his boat. And around 13:30, he sent me an email asking if I still wanted to trade my Jeep for his boat. I was game, and excited about getting the boat without having to use cash.

His 6th post, #55, 13:15. (in regards to another post about donating it to a charity)
"Can someone suggest a good one in Maryland? "

His 7th, #57, 13:20
"We will get another boat when we get home to Arizona.
Where this journey started 4 years ago.
I don't have to look for boats,they tend to find me "

His 8th post, #59, 13:36
"How many S2's are for sale in Charlestown,MD"

His 9th post, #60, 13:43
Even tho' We have been advised from our lawyer,we do have ground to stand on,I am not going to pursue.
My satisfaction comes in finding a new good home for our boat.
Speak English when you write a reply.
You have not read his entire post.
Or his posts on other sailing forum's.

His 10th post, #61, at 13:49 (minutes after sending me an email)
"Donated to Special Olympic's"

His 11th post, #64, at 14:10
" Look....
End it.
Your all smarter than me..
You win...
He hurt my wife's feelings..
And if you are any kind of a man you would do what I have done."

His 12th post, #65, at 14:11
"There's so much more to this story than you know about."

His 13th post, #67, at 14:47
"Ended...
What part of that don't you get?"

His 13th, #73, at 20:09
"Apology accepted Jim.
Worldwind is going up for auction with all proceeds going to Cecil County Special Olympics Children.
Feel free to bid on Worldwind."

His 14th, #74 at 20:14
"Damn.....my wife is about to log in and believe me...
You don't want want the wrath of Tes.."

I received an email from him, yesterday, 2-12-13, basically stating that he hadn't put it on ebay, was heading back, (to Arizona) and that he would sit on it till spring. It would be ok where she sits.

Summary
You make up your own,
Caveat Emptor people... Let the buyer beware!

Thanks again to the Moderators for leaving this up. A good lesson for all of us.

Tags
sailboat, steering, wheel