Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-11-2012, 10:56   #1

2012 Tohatsu 9.8HP 4-stroke XL shaft, electric start

We bought our 2012 Tohatsu in early June of this past season when the engine that came with our sail boat died. This motor is still in the break-in phase; it has about 3.5 hours on it. It was a wonderful change from the 8HP Honda we had on there. It was lighter, which made installing it on the boat (and taking it off) MUCH easier. Plus, the electric start meant that my wife could start it without a problem, and it started easily both from the button and with the pull cord (had to test it out!). The engine only got used to get us in and out of our slip and into/back from the bay (1/4-1/2 mile away) so we didn't use it that much. But it worked perfectly for the short period of time we used it. It worked so well that I've been tempted to keep it, but I want to put the money toward a new boat since ours was totaled in Hurricane Sandy. I went down to our boat prior to the storm and stripped all the valuable "stuff" off of her, including the engine, so it's still in great shape. A few scratches on the engine cover, but that's about it.

I'm asking $1950 for it, or best reasonable offer.

I'm located in the Philadelphia, PA suburbs Northwest of the city, but I visit North Jersey and the NJ shore area pretty regularly, and get down to the Baltimore/Washington DC area fairly regularly too. I'd be happy to meet a prospective buyer to save you from having to pay for shipping. If you REALLY want it shipped, you'll have to pay the cost of packaging and shipping it to you.
Old 01-01-2013, 18:59   #2

Re: 2012 Tohatsu 9.8HP 4-stroke XL shaft, electric start

Not seeing how to delete the post, nor am I sure why I posted this ad twice. The engine has been sold.

Thanks for your interest!

Tags
electric