Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 12:09   #1

Boat: Columbia 34 mkii
1971 Columbia 34 MKII

I'm selling my 1971 Colombia 34 MKII. It would be a great boat for the Baja Ha Ha or a awesome condo on the water. It also has a new Solar System and a Solar Water Heater in case you are considering living on the moorings. I bought her last fall planning to cruise and put $25k into fixing her up. We took her to Catalina and Mission Bay and I realized that she is too big for me to single hand and to be honest, Multiple day sails with a crew of only two is very challenging in a boat this size.

See more pictures at:
http://sirrocco34.blogspot.com/

I would like to sell her soon. Serious enquires only. No Low Ballers, No Trades, No Brokers.

New Harken Cruiser Rolling Furler
New 120 Genoa from Hyde Sails
New Main Sail Rigging and Control from Rig Works.
New Gar Hauer Traveler
New Garhauer Dingy Davits
New 180 Watt Solar Panel and Sun force Solar Charger
2 New West Marine 12 Volt 105 AGM Deep Cycle Marine Batteries
New Whistler 3000 Watt Power Inverter , New 120 AC Standard and USB outlets

All new Plumbing. New 12 volt Shurflo DC Pump, New 110 Volt Water Heater (for shore power), Helitios Solar Water Heater Panel (for hotwater on a mooring ball or at anchor.) New Travelmate Head and holding tank. New Galley Faucets.

New VHF Antenna, solar powered head light/vent, New Magic Chef Refrigerator/Freezer Combo New Magic Chef Propane Stove/Oven Combo. Rail Mounted Propane Grill.

2010 West Marine 10 Foot Inflatable Dinghy, new 6hp Mercury Outboard, Dinghy Navigation Lights, Collapsible anchor, fishing rod holder, floating paddles, Amsteel Dinghy Bridle

It has two additional sets of sails. They will need some modifications to work now due to the Furler. 1 can be adapted for use as a storm Jib, -The others can be sold.

It has a Palmer M60 Inboard Gas Engine that will need a new Exhaust Manifold. I currently use the Mercury 6HP Outboard on a motor mount. (Finding Palmer Parts is a very difficult task. I would recommend replacing the Palmer or just using the outboard)

It needs a paint job, That and the Palmer issue are the reason that the price is so low.

Clean Title in Hand for the Sailboat and the Dinghy. I will consider lowering the price and keeping the Dinghy and the Outboard.

Comes with Transferrable Slip at the Kona Kai Resort on Shelter Island IN San Diego.
Asking $14,000
six one nine 794-6227
Old 11-08-2013, 12:32   #2

Boat: Lindsey Center Cockpit 39' Ketch
Re: 1971 Columbia 34 MKII

We had a 1973 Mk II. The "Bubble Top's" were great boats. One must get accustomed to the lack of ports to look out of but will quickly love the interior spaciousness. Awesome head room for anyone over 6' tall. They were built strong back when they didn't cut cost by reducing the hull thickness. She has a very thick/sturdy hull. I replaced my engine with a Beta Marine engine (Kubota). Great product and a straight swap. Good luck with your sale. She'll be a good boat for someone.

S/V Water Wings
Old 11-08-2013, 12:50   #3
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

there are a few of them cruising mexico--one here in barra de navidad and a few in mazatlan and la cruz---good luck selling...sounds like has much to offer..
Old 11-08-2013, 13:00   #4

Beautiful boat!

Tags
columbia