Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2016, 18:53   #1

Boat: Sunbird 32
1970 Storfidra 25 full keel double ender project in So Cal

Up for grabs is my 1970 Storfidra 25 , full keel , double ended cruising sailboat , converted to a Chinese Junk Rig with an Aluminum freestanding mast. Many people expressed interest in putting her back to her sloop configuration …so , I decided to keep the junk mast and rig for my new boat.
I am selling the boat WITHOUT the junk rig mast and sail in the photos
. She will need a new mast , rigging and sails …hence the very low price.

She is located in Marina Del Rey , Ca.

I bought her about a year and a half ago , with the intent of converting her to a junk rig. I've been obsessed with the ease of handling , simplicity and pure beauty of the Junk Rig for years.

The boat is about 80% finished (meaning ready to sail!). I hate "quitting a horse mid stream" , but , just got an offer I couldn't refuse on another boat and can't have two. So … I am selling her at a very reduced price. It is my hope that she can help fulfill the cruising dreams of someone out there… maybe someone with more heart than money. 2 weeks of work and a few hundred bucks …and you are sailing…. a pretty amazing sailboat.

Storfidra 25's are very heavily overbuilt in Sweden by the same company that makes boats for the Swedish Navy. They very rarely come up for sale in The United States and are usually in the $25-30K range when they do … a testament to the quality of build. Truly a "go anywhere boat"

Imagine a miniature Westsail 32 … or more likely … a double ended Contessa 26.

In my opinion , she is quite possibly the perfect 1 person (or 2 very close) cruising vessel … comfortable , built like a tank , and easy to sail, maneuver , and because of her size , easy on the bank account to maintain and moor.

Some specs:

LOA: 25
LWL: 20
Beam: 7.87
Draft: 4.23
Displacement: 6834 lbs.
Ballast: 2866 lbs. encapsulated Lead
Builder: AB Fiskatra , Sweden
Very thick , solid , hand laid Fiberglass .

Basic 12 volt and 110 is installed.
Enclosed Head , no toilet installed …but plumbed with Bronze Groco Seacocks
Sleeps 2 in V-Berth
2 Sette Berths
Custom Teak table with drawer
small , but workable Galley. Needs water tank installed , and 2 burner stove of your choice
Beautiful , solid teak cabinetry throughout interior
A very comfy , cozy live aboard .
TONS of storage under all settees and berths
Brand new (4 month old) Petit Trinidad bottom paint ….NO Blisters!
New Battery
All Seacocks lubed and serviced when on the hard

If you are considering converting the boat back to a sloop rig:

Any mast , boom and sails from a number of boats : Catalina 27 , Newport etc etc …would work fine …and can be found very cheap used.

The boat is located in Marina Del Rey , Ca. in a transferable slip. Slip fees are roughly $300. per month. They will say the don't allow liveaboards …but …a LOT of people live aboard their boats.
(wink wink)

The giveaway price is $2999. Feel free to ask any and all questions …and thanks for looking!

I also have a very good running Bukh DV10 single cylinder diesel that will fit her perfectly …selling separately for $1000.

Tags
cal, keel, project