Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-06-2013, 08:16   #1

Boat: columbia c26
1969 Columbia 26

I have a Columbia 26 for sale that I restored over a three year period, beginning in 2001. All the old paint was stripped off. Then 2 coats of West epoxy were put on, then epoxy primer and finally 2-part Interlux boat paint. The interior was stripped and repainted as well. All the hardware was removed and rebedded with 5200. The thru-hulls were enlarged as well as the cockpit and deck drains. I also added two more drains into the cockpit seat corners where water tended to stand. Stainless backing plates were installed throughout, bedded with thickened epoxy to insure uniform contact. The deck core was wet but not rotted, so I flushed it with acetone and the dried it with a shop vac running in reverse for a couple of days. Then I flooded it again with thinned epoxy to reinforce the balsa core. This resulted in a very strong and solid deck. A new head has been installed with a holding tank and pump out port and diverter valve as per Coast Guard regs. A stern pulpit has been added and a bimini has been added. The roller furling Genoa was replaced two years ago. The main is in good shape. There is a spinnaker and spinnaker pole which are also in good shape. There are two smaller hank-on jibs as well. The boat comes with a 6 hp and 9.9 hp electric start long shaft Evinrude outboards. Currently, I'm using the 6.

This boat is in a slip in the St John's river, in Palatka, ready to go. It is loaded with all the stuff needed to go cruising except no gps and the radio is being repaired. It has a working depth sounder. It was last hauled out and the bottom repainted with Pettit Protect in 2010. It's a good, solid boat. The only thing it needs is painting and some minor interior work. I am selling it due to health problems. The asking price is $4,000.00. An extra perk is that it's registered as an antique vessel, so the registration tag is only 7 bucks, which I've just renewed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-4.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	417.8 KB
ID:	63162   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-1.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	412.7 KB
ID:	63163  

Old 10-07-2013, 05:21   #2

Boat: Albin Vega 27
Hi still for sale?
Old 10-07-2013, 10:26   #3

Re: 1969 Columbia 26

I live near Tallahassee and am looking for a cruising sailboat in this size range. Please provide me your email so that I can contact you directly.
Thank you.
Susan
Old 19-07-2013, 12:02   #4

Hi.
Sorry for the delay. Been out of town. My email is: ronweigert@gmail.com
Old 19-07-2013, 12:04   #5

Hi.
Been out of town. Yes, the boat's still for sail.

Tags
columbia