Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 12:32   #1

Boat: 43' Vista Aft Cabin 'Victoria"
10' Boatex Fiberglass Dinghy

I have decided to 'thin the fleet' by selling off the smallest member. I have a very nice Boatex brand 10' dinghy designed and built in Canada by Roger Poole. For those who don't know, this dinghy has attained 'cult status' due to it's design and wonderful sailing characteristics. These dinghys have classic lapstrake lines and actually row as nice as they sail or motor. I bought this from a forum member to teach my grandson to sail and that mission is accomplished. The boat came with the original Marconi sail rig and I added a professionally built Lateen rig with new dacron sail and aluminum spars as well. I also purchased a nice set of Caviness 100J Take-Down Oars which store nicely under the seats, and the oar locks are the original flush mount bronze built-ins. I also have a 2.5 hp Mercury four stroke engine which I used only once in fresh water on Lake Dora to teach my grandson how to handle the boat under power, and then put it away. I just decided to sell this so don't have any other pictures at hand but attached a sistership photo. I will happily run down to the Marina and take some photos if you would like to see them, just let me know via PM, but there is not much to photo of course. The dinghy is on the sundeck roof on my 45' acfbmy where there is a davit and properly mounted chocks. However, since I tow a small runabout, I have not used the dinghy other than sailing and rowing lessons for my grandson. The boat is quite stable and has floation under both the built in seats. It sails like a dream and moves out well under sail. The Marconi rig points higher, but the lateen rig is better off the wind and folds up smaller, so pick the rig that works best for you. Of course it is fun to row and handles quite easily with three adults (the most I ever tried). The 2.5 Merc will shoot it along briskly, but I can't tell you how fast as I was never concerned with that. The kick-up rudder and adjustable dagger boat are the original composite ones in excellent condition.
I would like $1,500 for the boat with both sail rigs and oars and $500 for the motor. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boatex.jpg
Views:	1833
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	44735  
Old 11-08-2012, 12:34   #2

Re: 10' Boatex Fiberglass Dinghy

Sorry! located in Miami, Florida at present.
Old 11-08-2012, 13:57   #3

Re: 10' Boatex Fiberglass Dinghy

Forgot....full custom 2 batten boat cover (always kept covered). Masts are two piece and dissamble for storage inside dinghy.

Tags
dinghy, fiberglass