Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2018, 19:27   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 159
What is the status of Helia and Saba?

In light of the Saona introduction and the new 42 copying many design features, what is the status of the Helia and the Saba? I've heard a hard stop has been set on Helia production. Is there a new 44 in the works? What about a Saba refresh?
__________________

Thalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 14:16   #2
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Kansas
Boat: FP Salina 48, Hobie 33
Posts: 174
Re: What is the status of Helia and Saba?

I've heard that the 42 is the replacement for the Helia. I haven't heard a thing regarding the Saba.
__________________

Tornadosailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 14:42   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Brighton, Michigan
Boat: FP Saba 50' - Ex-Factory 9/2018
Posts: 144
Re: What is the status of Helia and Saba?

No more Helia orders (replaced by 42)

No word on a Saba refresh (evolution), still hopeful. We're scheduled to pick up ours in La Rochelle 9/2018.
__________________
-Tom

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw
CalmSeasQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:30   #4
Registered User

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Med
Boat: FP Helia 44
Posts: 34
Re: What is the status of Helia and Saba?

I have heard that the Helia and Saba are discontinued, I guess FP will fulfill orders but not taking new orders
Jeffrey Oc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 10:01   #5
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Brighton, Michigan
Boat: FP Saba 50' - Ex-Factory 9/2018
Posts: 144
Re: What is the status of Helia and Saba?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Oc View Post
I have heard that the Helia and Saba are discontinued, I guess FP will fulfill orders but not taking new orders
The Helia has been dropped in favor of the new 42. I understand the Saba production line is being changed resulting in delays for some (our September delivery window remains unchanged), but I've seen nothing about the Saba being discontinued.
__________________
-Tom

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw
CalmSeasQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 15:22   #6
Registered User
 
Cotemar's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Boat: FP, Helia 44 Evo
Posts: 5,750
Helia 44 Evo PRODUCTION IS COMING TO AN END

Helia 44 Evo PRODUCTION IS COMING TO AN END in July of 2019, as FP will not be accepting any new orders.

The Helia 44 was the boat that really moved FP to another design level and it really resonated with Sail Cat Buyers. Lagoon even copied the design on their Lagoon 42.

Most production boat builders can get 250 hulls out of a mold, so they tend to end production and just build a new model.

Helia 44 was introduced at the Annapolis, MD boat show in 2013 and was such a fantastic design that FP is in production at around Hull Number 230.

Most new Sail Cat buyers are being directed to buy an FP 42 or FP 47 right now.

The Helia 44 has been in such a favorable slot for Circumnavigator’s that you will want to watch this slot for a new 44 in the near future, so Stay Tuned.

If you have a Helia 44 now or have a deposit on a production slot, then you are one LUCKY SAILOR FOR SURE.
.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	28058946_1460123977446572_1446627350560859428_n.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	167671  
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 16:56   #7
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Kansas
Boat: FP Salina 48, Hobie 33
Posts: 174
Re: What is the status of Helia and Saba?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Oc View Post
I have heard that the Helia and Saba are discontinued, I guess FP will fulfill orders but not taking new orders
If they're still putting Sabas in boat shows, you can bet they're still taking orders.
Tornadosailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 08:07   #8
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 6
Re: Helia 44 Evo PRODUCTION IS COMING TO AN END

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotemar View Post
Helia 44 Evo PRODUCTION IS COMING TO AN END in July of 2019, as FP will not be accepting any new orders.

The Helia 44 was the boat that really moved FP to another design level and it really resonated with Sail Cat Buyers. Lagoon even copied the design on their Lagoon 42.

Most production boat builders can get 250 hulls out of a mold, so they tend to end production and just build a new model.

Helia 44 was introduced at the Annapolis, MD boat show in 2013 and was such a fantastic design that FP is in production at around Hull Number 230.

Most new Sail Cat buyers are being directed to buy an FP 42 or FP 47 right now.

The Helia 44 has been in such a favorable slot for Circumnavigator’s that you will want to watch this slot for a new 44 in the near future, so Stay Tuned.

If you have a Helia 44 now or have a deposit on a production slot, then you are one LUCKY SAILOR FOR SURE.
.


Have you news about Saba 50 ? ? ?
architetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 08:39   #9
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Brighton, Michigan
Boat: FP Saba 50' - Ex-Factory 9/2018
Posts: 144
Re: Helia 44 Evo PRODUCTION IS COMING TO AN END

Quote:
Originally Posted by architetto View Post
Have you news about Saba 50 ? ? ?
Saba's are still available, although there appear to be some production delays. Our boat was to be delivered this September, but we're now told it might be delayed until November.
__________________
-Tom

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw
CalmSeasQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 09:14   #10
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 6
Re: Helia 44 Evo PRODUCTION IS COMING TO AN END

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalmSeasQuest View Post
Saba's are still available, although there appear to be some production delays. Our boat was to be delivered this September, but we're now told it might be delayed until November.
Dear Tom

Thanks

I will have appointment, the 25 April 2018, with Italian Dealer for sign Contract to buy a new Saba 50 . . . I make this decision after more study and comparisons . . . this will be tha last boat of my life . . . I am 63 years old . . . I want live 50% of the rest of my life on boat . . . me, my wife, sometime my son with his wife and some friends . . . maybe, sometimes, my nephews when they will be there . . .

Vittorino
architetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 05:12   #11
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Brighton, Michigan
Boat: FP Saba 50' - Ex-Factory 9/2018
Posts: 144
Re: What is the status of Helia and Saba?

I stand corrected...

I was just told (though an unofficial source) Saba production is ending 2Q19. Depending on the current order book, it's likely there may be no new orders.
__________________
-Tom

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw
CalmSeasQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 09:57   #12
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 6
Re: What is the status of Helia and Saba?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalmSeasQuest View Post
I stand corrected...

I was just told (though an unofficial source) Saba production is ending 2Q19. Depending on the current order book, it's likely there may be no new orders.
Thanks Tom

I will be very careful for avoid mistake and misunderstand . . .
The Dealer say me he have option for Saba 50 to deliver for April 2019 . . .

I will check through Fountaine Pajot responsible for Italy . . .

Vittorino
architetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 15:16   #13
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Truckee, CA
Boat: FP Astrea 42
Posts: 8
Send a message via Skype™ to jefffay
Re: What is the status of Helia and Saba?

I was at the Annapolis spring boat show today. ACY confirms that the order books on the 44 and the 50 are firmly closed.
jefffay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 15:54   #14
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Marmaris
Boat: FP Orana 2010, Lipari 2011, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013
Posts: 1,081
Re: Helia 44 Evo PRODUCTION IS COMING TO AN END

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotemar View Post
Helia 44 was introduced at the Annapolis, MD boat show in 2013 and was such a fantastic design that FP is in production at around Hull Number 230.
Helia was first presented in Cannes and was baptized there by a famous french artist Sophie (sorry I forgat the family name..) and I was there. Then she was presented in Istanbul boat show where I bought this # 1. I sailed her to Marmaris and chartered until last year. She was 4 cabin version that I've recently sold to a greek charter company. I still hold another one tough

Saba wasn't very succesful in sales numbers and you can expect a 51 or 52 to be launched. As usual the design will be the same as Helia by Berret Racoupeau..

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 16:00   #15
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 6
Re: Helia 44 Evo PRODUCTION IS COMING TO AN END

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloya View Post
Helia was first presented in Cannes and was baptized there by a famous french artist Sophie (sorry I forgat the family name..) and I was there. Then she was presented in Istanbul boat show where I bought this # 1. I sailed her to Marmaris and chartered until last year. She was 4 cabin version that I've recently sold to a greek charter company. I still hold another one tough

Saba wasn't very succesful in sales numbers and you can expect a 51 or 52 to be launched. As usual the design will be the same as Helia by Berret Racoupeau..

Cheers

Yeloya

hope in new 50-511-52 ft with design similar Saona47 and New42 by Berret Racoupeau . . .

thanks

Vittorino
__________________

architetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
Saba

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tortola to Dominica and the Saba Bank SV Demeter Navigation 9 30-07-2015 04:42
Saba and dogs SVArgo Rules of the Road, Regulations & Red Tape 4 06-05-2015 16:20
Saba 50: Saba 50 Interior Dimensions and Impressions Cuvee Fountaine Pajot 5 05-05-2015 04:37
Antigua - Nevis - Saba - St. Martin - Anchor in North Swells west coaster Atlantic & the Caribbean 12 01-03-2009 20:22
Dive Company Recmmendations for St Martin/Saba/Anquila/St Barts??? Lightfin Fishing, Recreation & Fun 1 13-12-2005 08:40



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 13:34.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.