Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-08-2017, 14:17   #1

Boat: SOLD
Updated Fountaine Pajot price list

I`m a mono guy but moving to a cat in a couple of years, and looking around for prices and options found this in their Crotian dealer web site. Ipanema price list is missing and the Victoria list is old, but the others are updated to October 2017.

LUCIA40-2018.pdf

HELIA44-2018.pdf

SAONA47-2018.pdf

SABA50-2018.pdf

VICTORIA67-2017.pdf

Hope it helps.

Mariano
Fair winds
Mariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 06:12   #2

Boat: 2019 Fountaine Pajot Saba 50'
Re: Updated Fountaine Pajot price list

Thanks! It's amazing how much these price lists seem to "vary" depending on the dealer.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw
CalmSeasQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 07:43   #3

Boat: SOLD

Found Ipanema 58 price list

IPANEMA58-2018.pdf

Mariano

Fair winds
Mariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2017, 02:42   #4

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalmSeasQuest View Post
Thanks! It's amazing how much these price lists seem to "vary" depending on the dealer.
and its amazing how the number of options have exploded over time. A 2005 Mahe price list is just one page.
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2017, 09:29   #5

Boat: FP Saba 50

Will be very interested to see what the new factory hardtop option looks like...and how much it costs!
wanderlust42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 01:13   #6

Rediculous prices....on all catamarans not just FP....I'm convinced it's not all in the cost of production but a substantial gouging since the demand is high. Wish I could consider a FP New 42 ...but not gonna happen in this life.

Oh but thank you for posting this Mariano !!
GARRYOWEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 02:46   #7

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

Its always supply and demand. They charge whatever they can get if market is good, and as much as they need to stay in business if the market is bad.

Its quite a lot of money for an entry level boat!!

But in comparison to older figures this doesn't look excessive. If I compare their entry level cats now and a decade ago:
Back in 2006 our FP Mahe was 215k Euro ex tax, including commissioning and all options (back then the options list was very short). That was not list price but the real world price our PO paid.
Now 2018 a Lucia with similar equipment is 300k Euro ex tax list price, a bit less after rebates I guess.

Thats roughly +50% in 12 years, thats roughly an increase of 2.5% per year.
Basically inflation rate plus some change.

And now look at the changes in design. The 36ft Mahe is a toy compared to the 38ft Lucia. The hulls are slim, the freeboard is lower, its not as wide. Honestly the Lucia (just like the newer Lagoons) looks just a bit overweight.
The price per cubic meter of habitable space is certainly less than 12 years ago. Not sure about sailing qualities though.

Some forum member on another thread said it quite well:
Until a few years back the design process was outside to inside: First draw a boat and then fit accomodation into this boat.
These days its inside to outside. They draw an accomodation plan that the marketing folks can sell, and then draw a hull around to make the accomodation float.

And then there is the options list. Obviously some customers desperatly need underwater lights, in mast lights, courtesy lights, the airconditioning, genset, heater, watermaker, cockpit fridge, freezer, bimini tents, teak floor, bose sound system, multiple TVs, washing machine, microwave, electric winches, plus a ton of other gimmicks...

All that squeezed into a 38ft cat, adding maybe 200k Euros and 1.5 tons that will kill any performance potential left in the design.

I will stick to the older designs, even though I hate the round salon designs of the 90s.
Last boat that I really liked was the Lipari.
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fountaine pajot, price