Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-10-2017, 16:27   #1

Boat: Fountain Pajot Helia 2017
Shout out to Cotemar for all that he does. Thanks Cotemar.!!!

I want to shout out a LOUD THANK YOU to someone who has been extraordinary in helping my husband and I out with our new sv Ziezo a Helia 44 every step of the way. I want to thank, from the very bottom of our hulls…, Cotemar and his Lovely wife too. This dynamic duo deserve a very LOUD SHOUT OUT of gratitude, thanks and praise for everything they do for others. There are not enough words or time.

We need to say how wonderful, knowledgable, kind, and quick to help this couple have been. Cote Mar has done more for me and my husband than anyone out there that we’ve come across. He is everywhere online assisting those who ask questions from the very simple to the very complex and has never been patronizing or mean like others with their quick little barbs and digs. I have been more than a bit nervous surfing forums after reading some of the comebacks from others. Cotemar has assisted people all over the world currently out cruising via emails, pictures etc researching what was needed and where to get parts, or how to fix things on the fly until they are able to get to the next port. It’s not just his extensive knowledge, passion for his knowing the boats and inquisitive nature ( he needs to pull everything off to find out what, where, and why) but his genuine willingness to help without the attitude.
We have texted and called this really lovely guy at all hours of the day, weekends, and nights. He’s been there for us every time. I have texted his wife who is also just as incredible and lovely as he is. Cotemar and his wife are a dynamic duo of good humor, understanding of all things boats, specifically Fountaine Pajot Catamarans.

Their extensive knowledge and hands on experience has been invaluable. It would have taken years and lots of money that we don’t have to learn what we have learned so far is just a few months. We tend to learn things the hard way….after things have broken or we’ve bought something we did not need.
He has improved Cruisers forum to make it easier to navigate and find just what you are looking for in specific boats, or sub categories to save time and effort.
We have had the blessing of not only being able to reach out to him and his wife via email and text, but to have had the pleasure of spending time with them. They took their entire afternoon this spring to show two newbies the inside/outside of their boat. Things to be cautious of, what products to use and importantly what Not to use.
They instructed us with “how to..s”, installations that worked and things they had done that they later changed, saving us the time and effort of maybe having done the same. They are so kind and thoughtful. They stopped by while on the start of their vaca from CT to Martha’s vineyard ( a 4 hour layover if not more delaying their trip) to assist my husband with a work around to get our Volvo motors to work as both had stopped. He actually allowed my husband to do the work with his guidance so that my husband would be able to do the second one on his own. They allowed us to take pics of things we liked on their boat and send them pics of things on our boat so we could improve ours. Cotemar gave me the confidence to do jobs on my boat that I would have never tackled. I called him covered ( literally) from head to toe in silicone caulking. Besides me in an absolute mess the boat was in a mess as well. The caulking was everywhere. Floor to ceiling - wall to wall. I called and he calmly and simply said ”Try again…Wipe off and restart -it’s water based.” So I did, redid, redid and did again and although not perfect, good enough. Thanks so much. “I was in a state good enough to be sent to nearby mental ward”.
He has been there when things went terribly wrong and hit the fan literally. Other examples: Volvo relay boxes not working = no engines; when we had red water fever which was rusty water due to a piece of rusty metal pipe in our hot water system; plastic plug in waste holding tank; milky window panes, and so many I can’t even remember them all. He helped with each and every one !!!
He wrote all these incidents up and added them to forums to educate others.

It just needs to be said that Cotemar and his lovely wife are two of the most wonderful sweet, kind, knowledgable, honest (willing to lay it out straight no bones about it which is really great) and genuinely willing to help people that we have met, in the Catamaran world.
You both are very, very special to my husband and I and we regard you as family that we choose. We hope to have the pleasure of having your friendship for a very long time and maybe someday be able to repay even a small part of the debt we owe you both and pay it forward to others as you have done for us.
Thanks Mr. and Mrs. Cotemar of sv Catatude and now without further paws….you two are the coolest cats ever!!!

If anyone else has been lucky enough to have benefitted from his kindness, please add your thanks TOO!!!
BOKKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:23   #2

Boat: 2013 FP Lipari 41
Re: Shout out to Cotemar for all that he does. Thanks Cotemar.!!!

I have not had the benefit you've described, but Mark has responded to a couple of questions we've had as prospective Helia purchasers. Because of his ability, knowledge and willingness to share we're much more knowledgeable about the boat, and 99% sure it's the boat for us; I just have to find the funds buried in our back yard somewhere! ;-)

I'm sure many have been witness to his posts in the forum. I now have a habit of copying them and the accompanying photos every time he posts!

I stand in the line with you thanking him!

v/r,
LeeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:14   #3

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37

Bokkie,

Thank you so much for the kind words.

It has been a long journey since starting these Fountaine Pajot forums back in 2009.

In most cases Fountaine Pajot boat owners just cannot find the answers they need anywhere, so this forum along with the Facebook Fountaine Pajot Catamaran Owners Group is the only place to go.

It was such a pleasure to help you guys get ready for your new journey.

Mark
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:58   #4

Boat: 2013 FP Lipari 41

Laura and I are just hoping you're still in the area when we get ours! ;-)
LeeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:10   #5

Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeV View Post
Laura and I are just hoping you're still in the area when we get ours! ;-)
We are very connected and have a large database of Fountaine Pajot resources to help others when we can.

Be sure to join the Facebook "Fountaine Pajot Catamaran Owners Group" also. It complements this site very well.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:16   #6

Boat: crawling back aboard: getting over long vax/covid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotemar View Post
Bokkie,

Thank you so much for the kind words.

It has been a long journey since starting these Fountaine Pajot forums back in 2009.

In most cases Fountaine Pajot boat owners just cannot find the answers they need anywhere, so this forum along with the Facebook Fountaine Pajot Catamaran Owners Group is the only place to go.

It was such a pleasure to help you guys get ready for your new journey.

Mark
Hi Mark,

I would like to present myself as a possible resource for you in your effort to help out the Fountaine Pajot owners. I'm absolutely nuts about boats (monohulls mostly, but still), am bilingual English-French and am located in France (in Paris). If you think I could be of service to you sometime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kindly yours,

Wolfgal
Old 01-11-2017, 07:31   #7

Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgal View Post
Hi Mark,

I would like to present myself as a possible resource for you in your effort to help out the Fountaine Pajot owners. I'm absolutely nuts about boats (monohulls mostly, but still), am bilingual English-French and am located in France (in Paris). If you think I could be of service to you sometime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kindly yours,

Wolfgal
Wolfgal,

Thanks, I would definitely reach out to you.

Over the years we have worked with locals cruisers in France to send us parts that we just were not able to get here in the USA, like French electrical breakers as an example.

We always have reciprocated by sending USA parts to France when they have need them.

Its really a GREAT group of Cruisers we have here.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:35   #8

Boat: crawling back aboard: getting over long vax/covid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotemar View Post
Wolfgal,

Thanks, I would definitely reach out to you.

Over the years we have worked with locals cruisers in France to send us parts that we just were not able to get here in the USA, like French electrical breakers as an example.

We always have reciprocated by sending USA parts to France when they have need them.

Its really a GREAT group of Cruisers we have here.

Yes, this place is so wonderful. I really appreciate it!

Yes, do reach out to me. If I can help, it would be with pleasure!
Old 01-11-2017, 09:11   #9

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Mahe 36
Thumbs up Re: Shout out to Cotemar for all that he does. Thanks Cotemar.!!!

On behalf of the MAHE owners I will echo all the thank-you's for sharing his expertise for that FP model. A wealth of info exists in the forum, his customization of that model was super and I have a lengthy 'to do" list thanks to all of those mods to Catitude.
rgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:26   #10

Boat: FP Lipari 41

And a big th@nks from me Cotemar for all the tips and tricks of FP ownership. As a new owner, I hope to add to the FP body of knowledge, but will be seeking the help and knowledge of those more experienced such as yourself to get me started. You’re a rare egg Cotemar. Thanks.
Bruce S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 17:12   #11

Boat: Fountaine Pajot

I too appreciate Cotemar for everything that he has done for all of the FP owners. He has added numerous ideas and fixes to the perpetual problems that exist with owning a boat. Again many many thanks!!! Hope we can all repay you in some way in the future.
Seapatience is offline   Reply With Quote