Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2019, 15:20   #391

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31
Re: Rig and Sails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufduck View Post
We have an Espar D4 factory installation that is marginal at best (it is working at spec) but the boat is quite drafty. Just wondering if others have experienced this and discovered a workable solution.
Cotemar was kind enough to reference the proper side window sealant as both aft windows now leak and the Gorilla Tape looks so...industrial. Project for next summer.
Cheers, Martyn Adams
Martyn, is the heater hose insulated? We have this stuff:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EBERSPACH...-/321300406409

The difference is without it, you can hold your hand infront of the vent, with insulation, its too hot for you hand. We retro fitted it after fitting the heater, an ST2000 on a 31ft yacht.

Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:31   #392

Boat: Mahe 36

Jan and Pete,
Thank you both.
Jan, beautiful sail. We used the same system for the top diagonal batten on our last tri. Curious if you reused the old batten hardware or bought new? Thanks for the lead to your sail maker. Have worked with several local lofts for competition sails in the past and will use your info as a starting point.

Pete, I am familiar with this product and have replaced two short sections where access is possible. The rest is a major undertaking and the runs are quite long. We are just north of Seattle but the best sailing is during fall, winter and spring. Chilling a bottle of wine in six inches of snow on deck is fun but I try to keep Linda warm, especially at night. I mean, I keep her warm at night but...you know what I mean.
Cheers
Martyn

Rufduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 11:28   #393

Boat: Mahé 36

Yes Martyn, I used the same batten hardware for the new sail. I only had to add one batten car for the extra diagonal batten.
sailingjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 11:45   #394

Boat: Mahé 36

I have a question about my mast. Sometimes I am a bit worried about it.
MKB53 rightly said (post 385): “The Mahe is a 3/4 rig. There is a lot of unstayed mast up there. You will see a lot of flexing in a stiff breeze”
Cuffy said (post 386): The Mahe rig is very solid, the mast section is more than adequate as we have had no issues with the upgraded bigger square top main sail (57m2).

Still I know the was one Mahé who got hair cracks in the mast, just above the attachment of the stays. In the end the mast had to be replaced. Is this the only Mahé that has had this problem?

I think about 140 Mahé’s have been built, does anyone know of other Mahé’s who had problems with their mast?

sailingjoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahe 36, paracelle