Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-06-2014, 10:00   #31

Re: Problems that can arise from Single/Dual handling a large Cat

If someone gave me one I'd probably still take it but one thing I don't like is the 6'+ of freeboard on a lot of the cats when it comes time to dock at a floating poontoon that is 1' off the water. They typically need shoreside help or you have to be good a lassoing a cleat.

I know you tossed cost out as a consideration at the begining but I think that is the real limiting factor for most and it's not just the purchase price. The saftey aspect of this is when the $5-10k repair bills start piling up do you start skimping and leave the boat in less than ideal operating condition.
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
single