Battery replacement…this is not an easy job!!
I replaced the batteries on our boat after about 10 months of continuous use (liveaboard), we replaced them with 4 Trojan T105 (6V), which are excellent and increased our capacity by about 25%.
Basically you have to move the battery into the upper space (under the rear guard rail bolts) to the left hand side above the battery box, there is just enough room the get the first battery into this space, then the others come out a little easier after this. The batteries are sealed, which is a god send whilst doing this job.
Not prepared to go through this routine again, I modified my battery box, by cutting out the tray section, retaining the actual switch panel (see picture) and replacing the current
copper bar’s, which join the batteries with normal battery connection leads. The batteries are held down with two substantial webbing straps with bottom rails in front and behind the batteries screwed to the shelf to prevent movement, which now make’s the job of battery inspection
and replacement one not to dread. We are now currently in Titusville (Florida) and can report that this modification has performed without exception on our journey from Grenada
We have now done over 7000+ miles on our Mahe (hull #86) and loving every minute.
We have had our fair share of usual problems, which are well documented on this forum all of which have been rectified via our agent (MI Cats) through to FP, who have always supported us without any fuss once an issue has been raised, can’t ask for more!
Sorry to hear that some of you are having blistering problems. I have had the boat out of the water
twice for antifouling and can confirm that under the original antifouling we had an epoxy
coating (light grey in colour). We have no signs of any blistering at this point and will be keeping a close eye on it.
Hope this helps.