Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-09-2008, 11:07   #526

Send a message via Skype™ to pguillemin
you will need to convert your toilet to a fresh water ( you can use your fresh water pressure system but you will need a solenoid switch as well as a filter as you do not want bacterias running back to your tank for contamination.
Remember that the water tank are small ( an electric toilet like Tecma will use 1,5 gallons per flush) If you use your manual toilet ,,,,you are going to use a lot more
Old 24-09-2008, 16:30   #527

Boat: Schioning 12.3 "Wilderness" Bi-Rig under construction
Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsical
Jabsco uses a combined solenoid vent and siphon break in their fresh water toilets. It is available as a spare but not cheap.

Mike
Old 24-09-2008, 20:39   #528

Boat: Hanse 348
anybody know why fp pulled out of the annapolis/demo days? A few weeks ago, it was listed, and I was interested in comparing fp 36 vs. lagoon 380. now I noticed that fp is not listed for the event anymore. I had thought there was a dealer in annapolis, so I had thought it would be easy for them to be at the show. Is this an economic decision. Also, the $ has strengthened about 10% vs. euro in past month. Not sure if FP held price as dollar weakened over past year, or if price went equal to conversion. If so, then price should drop (if fp help price, then I would understand if they don't drop it).
Old 25-09-2008, 18:57   #529
DtM

Why do you want to convert to fresh water flush?
Old 26-09-2008, 09:11   #530

Boat: Mahe 36
I want to change because it has been my experience that it doesn't smell as much when you flush with fresh water. Maybe the location in SF Bay area is responsible for smell as it is clearly different when I flush with fresh water. Also, the toilet gets dirty from the green water and little creatures that are routinely found in the flush water. As my boat is in charter I want it as fresh smelling as possible.
Lori
Old 27-09-2008, 03:30   #531

Boat: Switch 51 #10
Lori, probably the smell is due to dying and rotting algae in the water inlet hose. This gives a strong sulfur-like smell after some time. Alternative solution could be to clean or replace the inlet hose from time to time, maybe every 2 years.
Regards,
Jef
Old 28-09-2008, 14:56   #532
DtM

Lori,
I reckon Jef's analysis is correct and in fact you will notice the same smell when you start the motors after a week (or more) away from the boat. The smell should be gone after the first flush.
Our solution is to put detergent into the bowl when we leave the boat and the first thing we do when we get on board is to flush and brush the toilet with the safety escape hatch open. Slightly more of an issue if they are charterers but a simple note should do the job.
I would guess that if your boat is in charter the "careful" use of freshwater may not be high on people's understanding.
Just my 2 cents worth !!
daniel
Old 12-10-2008, 02:03   #533

Boat: Mahe 36 Wayward Wind
Wayward Wind

Just want to say I have had a fantastic 4-day sail on my newly-commissioned Wayward Wind, sailing her from Mooloolaba on Queensland's Sunshine Coast to Sydney, a distance of nearly 500 miles, including stops. We sailed with Nod, from EC Marine, who are distributors for FP in the Asia-Pacific.

Highlights: Whale sighting every day, watching them breach, do their slaps, backflips, totally awesome; dolphins at our bow, sometimes for over 15 minutes, hitting 13.7 knots surfing down a wave, and being able to use the barbecue in just about any conditions, enjoying a decent meal despite the boat pitching like crazy on occasions without having to worry about anything falling off the table.

Downside: Being seasick in the first few hours, bashing into confused seas close-hauled for one-and-a-half days, and being a bit under-dressed for the night watches, brrrrrr.

The Mahe 36 handled the conditions beautifully, we never felt frightened at any stage, and stuff left on the nav table stayed there, though at one stage, I thought it prudent to remove the wrench.

Cheers!

JohnC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nav table.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	367.9 KB
ID:	14839   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbs up.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	446.8 KB
ID:	14840  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Barbie2.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	436.3 KB
ID:	14841  
Old 12-10-2008, 05:19   #534

Sound very cool seadog!! Congrats on your new boat!!
Old 13-10-2008, 12:50   #535

Boat: Switch 51 #10
Solar cells on davits

Hi Seadog, saw on your pics that you have mounted your solar cells on your davits, something I am considering to do as well.
I would appreciate it if you could give me (and maybe all mahe owners) some information like what is the brand and model. And maybe also some pictures how you mounted the cells on the davits?
And what are your reasons for putting them there, and not use flexible cells on the roof?
Thanks, kind regards,
Jef
Old 13-10-2008, 16:16   #536

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37
Seadog3315,
Congradulation on getting your new ride.
Just curious as to what hull # you have.
FP was making 4 Mahe 36s per week and a 2nd shift was added in 2008 in increase that #.
Cordially,
Mark
Old 13-10-2008, 22:17   #537
DtM

Mark,

Seadog's is hull #92 and came out of the factory June/July08. Ours is hull#29 and it came out of the factory Feb/March 07.

That seems to be very close to the target figure we were told when we ordered (just as they were starting production) of 1 per week.

Where did you get your figures from?

daniel
Old 14-10-2008, 07:36   #538

Boat: Alura 30
Sea dog I really like the way you got your barbecue mounted.Did you install the railing? Mine is mounted on the rod holders but I really don't like it,especially when I forget to remove it before docking......nice pictures.
JC.
Old 14-10-2008, 13:08   #539

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37
Daniel
That came from an earlyer post, also I have noticed all the new boats listings show statements that over 100 Mahe 36's are currently on the water.
Sold My Catalina 380 and would like to purchase a Mahe36, but the US dollar is much lower than the Euro, so a US buyer would have to pay a pretty inflated price right now. Plan to keep my money in the bank until things stabalize a bit.
Mark
Old 14-10-2008, 16:37   #540
DtM

Hey Mark,

We ordered ours in August 2006 as they were just launching the first boats.

2 years later they have 100 which seems about right.

Getting the timing right on a purchase is always hard. Who knows when the present mess will settle down.

What about ordering in Europe and pick it up there and sail across. I will come and help you do the trip.

daniel
Closed Thread

Tags
mahe 36