Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-11-2015, 18:06   #106

Boat: FP Lipari 40' Catamaran
Send a message via Skype™ to Toys_with_time
Re: New FP Lipari 41

Hi

Yes love my 2011 Lipari too.

I installed an Echotec 55litre 12v watermaker in 2014. Far cheaper than the Spectra to buy, cheaper to repair and easier to maintain yourself. Anyway that aside I had the agent in France install a raw water pick up which he located just on the inboard side of the stbd engine room close to the aft end of the engine block. When I started using it for the watermaker found that it would often draw air through if the sea was bouncy even though I have a feed pump (putting air through the system is not good for the compression cylinders). This year I had it moved to the inboard forrard end of the engine room just off the centre line roughly below the water heater and that has been much more successful. Haven't ever run it in really wild conditions and assume it will always be better if on a port tack as the stbd hull will be being pushed down but didn't want to move the intake to the other side of the engine room bulkhead i.e. into the master cabin area

Have added some photos of my installation. The one that shows the corner of the water heater has a red arrow indicating roughly where the new intake position is. I lined the outboard hull with epoxied marine ply fixed onto battens glued to the hull to make the addition of this and other gear easier. I also relocated the engine raw water filter from the bulkhead to the inboard side to provide more room for the install.

TwT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Watermaker intake.jpg
Views:	775
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	114017   Click image for larger version

Name:	Watermaker control panel.JPG
Views:	603
Size:	332.9 KB
ID:	114018  

Name:	Watermaker filters.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	367.8 KB
ID:	114019   Click image for larger version

Name:	Watermaker HP pump.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	367.9 KB
ID:	114020  

Old 28-11-2015, 19:29   #107

Boat: Fountaine Lipari 41 Evolution

I ended up with a spectra 400. Mounted all mine in the forward cabin. I puts the membrane housing inside the space below the bookshelf, the pumps and Clark pump in the back locker under the bed and and filters and taps in the front part of the locker under the bed. I swapped the salt water deck wash and the port toilet to share a through hull and use the deck wash through hull to feed the water maker. Seems to work ok there so far. Bit of a trick running the hoses but seemed to be ok once setup.

https://www.facebook.com/SvTwoflower
Dod42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2015, 04:55   #108

Smile Re: New FP Lipari 41

Dod42 .... thanks much for your response. I'll look into doing the same thing. BTW, great looking spinnaker on your facebook page
wheresmyboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2015, 09:48   #109

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Lipari 41

Installed my Spectra in starboard engine compartment in three " modules". Strainer, fresh water supply, carbon filter, control panel and pump are on bulkhead under auto pilot. Accumulator, flow meter and water filter mounted on hull. Watermarker is on shelf over rear of engine. Waste water exits on inside of starboard hull. When in needs service, I can sit on the engine and reach everything. 12 volt and fresh water supply are handy to this location, and each part can easily be unbolted for repair. Has worked quite well for three years.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	422.6 KB
ID:	114039  
rwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2015, 09:52   #110

Another picture. Can't seem to get more than one uploaded at a time.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	581
Size:	412.7 KB
ID:	114044  
Old 29-11-2015, 09:53   #111

Final picture.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	689
Size:	419.5 KB
ID:	114045  
Old 29-11-2015, 15:56   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresmyboat View Post
Dod42 .... thanks much for your response. I'll look into doing the same thing. BTW, great looking spinnaker on your facebook page
Yes we are very pleased with the Parasailor. Flies well from 90 degrees all the way around to 90 including Direct downwind. Manufacturer claims 60 degrees but have never tried less than 90. Seems to fly in light winds (5 knots) and up to 25 without too much trouble. The brow seems to stop it collapsing, is relatively self trimming, and with their sock simple to launch and dowse.

I like it!

Old 19-01-2016, 05:11   #113

Boat: Leopard 40 o/v

Good-day to the Lipari owners.
I been looking for a boat to replace my cat I sold 3 years back. Looking at the Lipari - how do you find the exposed helm station or are there options to enclose it to get a bit of protection from the weather?
Looking at the info I see on the interweb, there does not seem to be much.
Work area in the galley also seems minimal.
Any thoughts please.
Blackie Swart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2016, 09:12   #114

Re: New 2016 Fountaine Pajot LUCIA 40 - Can See Jan 30th in Fort Lauderdale

FP Lover's!

Capt R Richard Fachtmann Here!

New 2016 Fountaine Pajot LUCIA 40 -

1st Look in the USA...

You Can See Jan 30th in Fort Lauderdale...

She has won some awards in Europe and do for Greatness here in the US!

+ 30% Less weight then Lagoon or Leopard.
+ 30% More Lighting in Salon from the Lipari
+ 30% More Lighting in the Cabins with Saba 50 Cat Eye Windows!
+ Less walls more windows! Panoramic view!
+ Stern Rail Full Seating - Highly Requested!!!
+ PRIVATE TOILET ROOM - PRIVATE SHOWER - Toilet is separate!!!

I can get you onboard this January 30 for a FREE - sneek peek before the Miami crowded Boat Show... let me know!

There is also a little known technic to offset 80% to 100% of the cost...

Here to Help!

Capt R Richard Fachmann
Yachtmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloya View Post
As expected, the new FP Lipari is now official. It's called 41 but is actually 39,2 ft, available in master cabin and four cabins version. It is almost identical to Orana as an overall look; hard bimini, two seats helm station, all the winches at the helm station, etc..

Main differences that I could figure out from the pictures:
-master bad is in line with the hull, hence, no protrusion that Orana has under the bridge..
-no sun bath area that Orana has behind the helm station

It will weight 7,6 tons with 603 main + 360 sq feet genoa of sail area. (Be aware with the weight claims of FP, my Orana was supposed to be 8,1 tons and came out 9,8 tons..)
Indicative list price is about 230.000 € + some extras but not including the fancy once, ie. radar, genset,A/C, etc. less some discount, it should come to around 250.000 € min.

I cannot post the pics but I can say that she looks more compact and sexier than Orana.. The plans are to exhibit her in Cannes towards the end of 2009..
That's all I have.. Should you need more info, yr dealer may tell you..

Cheers

Yeloya
Yachtmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2016, 13:59   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackie Swart View Post
Good-day to the Lipari owners.
I been looking for a boat to replace my cat I sold 3 years back. Looking at the Lipari - how do you find the exposed helm station or are there options to enclose it to get a bit of protection from the weather?
Looking at the info I see on the interweb, there does not seem to be much.
Work area in the galley also seems minimal.
Any thoughts please.
We have a Lipari Evolution. Have had for 2 years and are full time live aboards. In Australia keeping out of the sun is more important than sun lounges so most have some sort of helm enclosure. Ours can be fully enclosed of unzipped and fully open. just one screen needs to be off if sailing to allow access to the lines and winches. We have also enclosed the outside saloon with mesh and clears, gives us a complete extra room. This is where we spend most of our time.

The galley space works for 1 person cooking, 2 in the galley while cooking is hard work. Bench space is good but you do need to mindful (as in any boat) that you use the space wisely and not load up with lots of Kitchen STUFF.

We love ours and wouldn't swap.

Old 19-01-2016, 15:12   #116

Ahoy Blackie ....
There is a bimini and tent for the helm station ... both of which are very sturdy and do a pretty good job in protecting the driver from sea spray and/or too much sun. They were originally priced at about $3,600 for both units, but I'm sure you get one for less. They are easy to install or take down and I'm very happy to have gotten mine when I got my boat.

WRT to the galley, yes it is small and only one person can be in the "galley" at one time. But that's not to say that the "cook" cannot have company while cooking or making drinks. There is really a lot of room in the inner salon. Needless to say, I love my Lipari and have had absolutely no regrets since buying it in 2013. We have sailed it across the Atlantic, thru the Bahamas, and most recently Cuba, and continue to be amazed at what I can take and how it performs.
wheresmyboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2016, 23:14   #117

Thumbs up Re: New FP Lipari 41

Thanks guys for the feed back - appreciated. Maybe I'll take a short flight and go and look at one that's one the market here in SA.
Old 21-01-2016, 16:52   #118
Retired musician & 50T master

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pisces 21

Blackie,
i delivered a Lipari from Charleston to Marsh Harbour, Bahamas in December. Fine sailing boat. the helm had a bimini and zippable clear vinyl all around which was pretty good for protection, but I spent several days in dense fog and a lot of rain. I wish the boat had a canvas panel to protect the lower "legs" portion of helm. I had to sit with my legs up on the steering wheel to stay warm and out of the freezing spray. also, the spray going through the helm area toward the cockpit made the stairs down as slippery as ice. every member of the crew slipped, we all clambered carefully down like it was a toboggan chute.

the galley was fine. not much counter space but we also used the saloon table so it was good enough. the propane cooker was rather small for such a nice boat, but the fridge and freezer were stupendously large. I'd get a propane BBQ to supplement the little cooker.
enjoy your search for a boat.
Old 21-01-2016, 20:26   #119

Interesting - thanks for first hand info Symphony.
Old 31-08-2017, 09:15   #120

Boat: Lipari 41

Is the main halyard on the Lipari 2:1?
R2boat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lipari