Send a message via Skype™ to careka
here is a link with pictures

https://www.yachtworld.com/leaving_y....aeroyacht.com

Old 16-06-2009, 06:30   #17
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Fountain Pajot, He'lia 44
Send a message via Skype™ to Gordon
Daniel,
Mark, Richard and Nod are in La Rochelle for the launch of the Lipari and the new 65 footer. Will have a Lipari here in Australia in a few months.

Old 19-06-2009, 05:18   #18

Hi,

I'm new to the site but decided to register as I viewed the Lipari 41 just a few days ago in La Rochelle. I visited the boat with the UK agent MIcats, Carl the chap who showed me around was well over 6ft and he seemed to have full headroom throughout! I seem to remember him ducking under one low bulkhead in the master cabin but I certainly did not have to.

I was very impressed with the boat and it seemed to have a lot of room for a 40 footer, did not manage to sail her though but I was told the boat will be in the UK in September so have provisionally booked a test sail.

Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Hi Daniel,
The report from La Rochelle is all positive with comments " the best boat out of the factory in 15 years" also...

'Higer level of quality in this boat compared to similar sized boats produced from the FP yard in the past.
Head room is 1.95 in most areas. Faster than the Lavezzi 40 and has a much bigger boat feel.
High top / cut main standard. New interior colours, congradulations to the FP yard.'

More photos out soon,if you go to the Aeroyacht.com site you will find more photos.

Regards Gordon.
Old 20-06-2009, 01:05   #19

Boat: Maverick 400 Catamaran
She is a nice looking boat, are there any pictures of the cabins? The dinghy davits look very weak, I am not sure how long in the real world they would last. How is the quality of the FP boats compared to lagoon. A new lagoon arrived a few months ago at our club. I was horrified at the quality, bulkheads coming loose, stainless steel leaving rust marks (defn not 316), deck fittings pulling out (used self tappers), leaks, engine problems, tiny backing plates behind cleats, the list went on. I got the impression of a nice looking boat (on the interior) but badly let down in terms of execution to make maximum profit, utilise minimum labour in production. Whas this a bad example or it it the norm for lagoons now?
Old 21-06-2009, 13:29   #20

Sounds like that was a particularly bad Lagoon, I’m sure their not all like that. I understand that the Lipari 41 was tested for over 1000 miles before being announced by Fountaine Pajot so that they could sort any issues that came to light, I believe this it not the norm by most Multihull builders as they normally sell them off plan and the new owners do the testing for them!!

It's very reassuring what Yeloya is saying about warranty claims and covering any issues as I'm sure in the current climate many companies are tightening their belts any where they can.

Has anyone sailed it yet?
Old 22-06-2009, 09:16   #21

Does anyone have any experience with the use of the fathead sails for cruising? I would imagine looking at the sail you would need to remove the top batten that angles up to fold the sail away in the stackpack? How easy would this be to do?
Old 23-06-2009, 03:03   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrack View Post
Does anyone have any experience with the use of the fathead sails for cruising? I would imagine looking at the sail you would need to remove the top batten that angles up to fold the sail away in the stackpack? How easy would this be to do?

Paulrack, when the boats were all lined up in the marina they hoisted the mainsails and the top batten was attached to a car by some sort of quick release clip, so when the sail was lowered it unclipped and the sail bag zipped up.
Old 23-06-2009, 03:58   #23

Great, thanks for the feedback What are peoples view on the fathead, it it worth going that route or is a more aggressive roach with full battens more practical and relaible? (I would be using the harken Battcar system).
Old 28-06-2009, 11:39   #24

Boat: FP Tobago 35
It depends on the whole set-up. Boat weight, windage, SA/D etc. On a boat that is conservatively rigged, more manageable sail area up high is gret for low to medium windspeeds, be it reaching or hard on the wind.

I have a 60-70 cm batten at the top on my boat (not factory standard rig), ant it works well. The top batten can easily be released. Mostly I just fold it into the sailbag...

Alan
Old 06-08-2009, 03:22   #25
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Summer 1 sailing in the Aegean, summer 2 in Australia (earning $ to pay for summer 1)
Boat: FP Lipari 42, Katmazu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank&Karen View Post
Here is a link to some Lipari pics from an earlier post on Lavezzis...

Катамараны Fountaine Pajot: Парусный катамаран NEW Lipari 41

Looks pretty nice...I chartered an Orana 44 for 5 days on the Chesapeake last October and was impressed with the boat, but a few features were not to my liking...some of them appear to have been changed on the Lipari, looking forward to more feedback!
What features didn't you like?
Old 07-08-2009, 03:43   #26

Boat: Lagoon380 Comfort#637
The Lipardi sailed from France last weekend, and will be in Copenhagen(DK) soon, then she will be up in Orust/boatshow,21-23 august, and then to Southamp. B-Show.
Old 15-08-2009, 10:09   #27

Boat: Lagoon380 Comfort#637
afther Orust 21-21 august, the Lipardi is sailing to Holland. and here is a lot of pictures of here.
SwedCat AB

i will go to Orust and have a look myself, with my wife/admiral nexst weekend.
Old 16-08-2009, 08:48   #28

Boat: no boat, but dreaming of ~ 40 foot cats
Sailing the Lipari 41 from Copenhagen to Oslo tonight :)

I blogged about the first trial trip a couple of days ago here
Demo trip on Fountaine Pajot Lipari issue no. 1 | iamdreaming.org(beta)

I will blog when I have completed the trip to Oslo on the same site. If you have questions, I will try to answer them

Cheers,
/\/ikolaj
Old 17-08-2009, 15:47   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by berntsen View Post
I blogged about the first trial trip a couple of days ago here
Demo trip on Fountaine Pajot Lipari issue no. 1 | iamdreaming.org(beta)

I will blog when I have completed the trip to Oslo on the same site. If you have questions, I will try to answer them

Cheers,
/\/ikolaj
An update with the next trip is available on the 'iamdreaming' community. Sailing the Lipari 41 from Copenhagen to Oslo - rescued by SAR Sweeden | iamdreaming.org(beta)
Old 18-08-2009, 14:12   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by careka View Post
Shitt happens, but make sure you get the boat to Orust until saturday, thats when i will have a look at it.

tell us is there any big differts between Lipardi and your Lavezzi, Berntsen.
Is it the same boat when it comes to sailing, or ? ?
I am sure that the captain on the trip will do his best to get it to Orust. The weather is calming, so I think he will make.

As to sailing the lipari, it was great. I really enjoyed it and it was majestic sitting on the bridge in the strong wind, big waves in the middle of the night. I have not sailed a Lavezzi (yet), so I cannot compare the two. The lavezzi is lighter so it is probably speedier at the lack of a little comfort, but this is just what I hear.

The bridge on the lipari, by the way, is nicely connected to the cockpit for conversations with people there, even during this little gale it was very nice to be able to easily talk to the guys in the cabin communicating with the SAR team using the VHF.

At wind speeds from around 22 to 34 knots I noticed we sailed from around 8 knots to 11.1. When slamming waves (not too often, but it happened) probably less. We sailed mostly around 60 degrees to the wind.

I think the Lipari is a very beautiful cat, especially I think the deck is extremely elegang and simple, no uncessary 'stuff' to trip over.

Tags
lipari

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: