Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2019, 08:29   #1

Boat: 39 Fountaine Pajot
Need Windlass Help

I need suggestion for a new windlass. 1991 39 ft FP Fidji, 3/8 chain I currently have a horizontal windlass with foot pedals. can anyone recommend a suitable replacement.

Thanks
BeachbumKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 14:10   #2

Boat: 2015 Fountaine Pajot SABA 50
Re: Need Windlass Help

Beach Bum,
100 hits and no one tried to help, so here goes...

You are a bit isolated for major yacht gear down in Key West.. I suggest you maybe go to a major boat show and look at the gear. You did not say power or manual, but there are many to choose from.. In horizontal power there are many good ones: Like Muir, Lewmar, Maxwell, Quick,and many others that do a nice horizontal power unit.

If in manual, in the old days about the vintage of your boat, I was very fond of the old Simpson Lawrence two speed manual. The flat handle went in two places, one low speed, one high speed, and it was a very nice push me pull you two way action. Google Simpson Lawrence, if you wanted a second hand one it would be a good choice. Rope head one side, chain gypsy the other..

Go to the big city and look around, and good luck with that...
Helia 44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wind, windlass