Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-09-2018, 04:59   #136

Boat: Lucia 40
Re: Lucia Owners

Hi Everyone!

My Husband Mike and I have a Lucia on order and she leaves the factory first week of May (2019). We are very much on countdown already and very excited! Our plans are to live on board full time with our two (small) dogs, start in the Med and then hopefully the Atlantic/Caribbean...

No questions yet, but just wanted to say hi and introduce ourselves.

VictoriaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 06:41   #137

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lucia 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaS View Post
Hi Everyone!

My Husband Mike and I have a Lucia on order and she leaves the factory first week of May (2019). We are very much on countdown already and very excited! Our plans are to live on board full time with our two (small) dogs, start in the Med and then hopefully the Atlantic/Caribbean...

No questions yet, but just wanted to say hi and introduce ourselves.
Welcome , we’re coming to end of season 2 for us. Last year was La Rochelle , Gijon, A Coruna, Rias, Portugal, Sw Spain, Morocco, gib, SE Spain, Balearics and out at Sant Carles de la Ràpita.

This year Sant Carles to Balearics, Barcelona, Costa Brava, Côte D’Azur, riviera, Portofino, Elba, Corsica, Sardinia, Tunisia, Sardinia, Corsica, French Riviera, Côte D’Azur, our at Canet et ROUSSILLON.

hobsonlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 07:25   #138

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lucia 40

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I have a Lucia coming in Sept 2019. We plan to do short trips and lots of overnights with our children along the Eastern United States. We will be moored in the Navesink River in Red Bank, NJ.

I still have time to fine tune the options. We have decided not to install a water maker nor heat but outside of that we are game to consider all other options. Can you please share ideas with what is working really well or what are must haves. Is there anythings I should be steering clear of?

I have limited sailing experience of one year on a flying scot 19' and this is my first large sailboat. I have substantial power boat experience (for whatever that is worth) I have completed my ASA 101,103 and taking the 104,118 this winter.

So any advice on how to set up our new Lucia is welcomed!

Also, if someone could suggest what type of tools I should carry on board that would be welcomed as well.

I am also interested to learn any feedback on what options are worth waiting to install after delivery since some options seem unusually priced.

Thank you for reading my post and I welcome your thoughts and comments.
Johnneymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 07:42   #139

Congratulation on your new boat. My boat is leaving factory next week so I can't speak from any experience but happy to answer any question I can. I also only done ASA 101 and 103 with very little sailing experience. I'm also in NJ so if you wanna come out and see the boat just let me know.
masteryong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 20:24   #140

Boat: Fountaine Pajot

Another good place for information regarding all things FP is the Facebook page for FP... https://www.facebook.com/groups/1017563221642960/
Seapatience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 20:04   #141

Hi Lucia Owners,

Have taken the plunge and committed to a 1/6 share in a new Lucia 40 (to be commissioned in 2020) managed by Yacht Share Mediterranean. Looks like we will be getting the 3 cabin 2 heads version.

Really looking forward to sailing Turkey, Greece for 5-8 weeks each year on my holidays.

Great to know there is a community established to share idea's with

Phil
Skipper 01
Seneite

Serenite01 is offline   Reply With Quote