Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-07-2011, 04:06   #46

Boat: FP Belize, 43' - Dot Dun
Re: Life Lines, Railings and Trampoline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
What is it made from? Is the the standard string type netting or one of the newer fancy type meshes?
The replacement from FP is identical to the original, an open string type net. I chose this for fast water displacement vs. comfort to walk/lay on and of course, price played a role. My original net lasted 6+ years in sub-tropical sun (25 degrees N).
DotDun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 04:43   #47

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Bahia 46 Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotDun View Post
The replacement from FP is identical to the original, an open string type net. I chose this for fast water displacement vs. comfort to walk/lay on and of course, price played a role. My original net lasted 6+ years in sub-tropical sun (25 degrees N).
Ok thanks. Just one more thing, did you deal with your local FP dealer or with FP France direct? Sorry if Im being a pain
Kiwikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 05:15   #48

Boat: FP Belize, 43' - Dot Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
Ok thanks. Just one more thing, did you deal with your local FP dealer or with FP France direct? Sorry if Im being a pain
I dealt with the local FP support dealer in Ft. Lauderdale. But I wouldn't hesitate to deal directly with FP.
DotDun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 06:50   #49
Marine Service Provider

Boat: FP Tobago 35 [sold]
http://www.multihullnets.com/

Bought from these people 4.5 years ago. Still looks as good as on day 1. Would highly recommend. Paid more the $450, but am satisfied with their product, very much so.

Have a FP Tobago and bought a mesh netting that is great to lay on, no issues for the dogs, and sheds water very very well. Its all coated with some plasticy stuff that you can get in lots if colors and is doing great.

90% of the time has been in the Caribbean.

We have one of their "open nets". Very good quality, but not the cheapest solution.
Old 27-07-2011, 15:30   #50

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36 (#111) - Vaya Con Dios

Thanks
Multihull Solutions quoted me $1500 for a replacement trampoline. Im so done with buying into the exorbitant prices. Must be like the mosquito screens. I originally paid about $55 each from FP, and now they are $77 each from MHS. Funny how the aussie dollar is higher, and we seem to be paying more, not less when our buying power should be greater!!

Im going to check out haverford for the trampoline netting and see what the UV properties.
I have to say in retrospect, I would have bought the boat minus all the weak stuff and fitted it out myself. (Crappy Anitfoul, Refrigerator, Stove, Trampoline, sailbag)
We've had to much go wrong for a new boat. Perhaps thats the case with all boats this is the first one new I have boughten, but I have to say that I sure did think some things would last longer than they did.
I still haven't gotten even a reply from FP.
I waited for 2 months to get replacement rudder bearings (two lemon size plastic things) when I could have been out sailing.
Rozzie
vayacondios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 15:02   #51

For anyone who has black trampoline, do you fine that it stays cool enough. Im concerned that it would get really to hot to even step on.
Haverford in Australia has one that is the knotless that is very reasonable and UV treated. They only have black though. Any hint of colour in anything up here in FNQ seems to be very hot. Maybe that only applies to solid objects, with a tramp being surrounded by air, maybe it can't hold the heat. Any thoughts??
Old 31-07-2011, 16:14   #52

Boat: Lagoon 440

We have Doyle (Auckland) black, knotless, netting tramps on our cat in Hong Kong for the last three years and cannot feel any heat when walking on them, even in 35+ summer heat here (unlike the very light grey decksv!!). I think there is too much air around a relatively small skin area of the string for any heat to accumulate so would not worry about it.
DHHong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 18:13   #53

I found replacement trampoline from france trampoline for 300.00 euros that less than a third what the company in florida sells them for. Even if the quality is less i could replace it three times before spending as much to buy it here.
1rkghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 04:45   #54

Boat: Switch 51 #10

1rkghost,
Thanks a lot for the French trampoline supplier. They have a great website. What they supply looks a lot like the original stuff.
I would go for a net, and not for fabric, because of safety considerations, I want waves to pass through fast.
Jef & Marin, Netherlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 07:32   #55

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37

Must have missed it.
what is the web link to the French trampoline supplier
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 10:13   #56

Purchase and sale of professional trampoline : France Trampoline
Old 22-11-2011, 07:07   #57

Boat: Fountaine Pajot LUCIA 40 Maestro Hull n°101

Hi Mahe's,
another french dealer here in canet en roussillon on the Med', works with Catana and Outremer
Filet de trampoline pour catamaran
Oliver66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 17:20   #58

Photos Below:

Our orginal from factory trampoline did not last here in the tropics, failed at 14 months. UV is very high in Australia and significantly so in the tropical North.

I was quoted 1600 for a replacement tranpoline that was made from the same material. So rather than throw my money away. I bought the netting that has been specifically treated for UV from Haverford netting for $200 and made up a trampoline myself.

In hindsight it was far harder than I expected it to be, but with that said, Im a complete novice and have soft hands so it will be easier for many Im sure.

Here are the steps I took and photo of finished product.
Now on to the next project....
Cheers
Rozzie

1. lay the new netting out over the old tramp.
2. stretch it and secure the netting using the existing metal fasterners. (pull the netting and secure it right behind the old lacing, there is room)
3. Cut the shape out using a welding knife or something to sear the edges of the netting.
4. take the netting off and weave a 8 mm line around edge
5 whip that 8 mm line (I stretched each edge out as I worked)
6. run another 8 mm line inside without whipping it, and don't secure the ends. On the orginal this line is spliced end to end. I just secured.
7. stretch the tramp out and tension corners.
8. Starting with front, lace it into sliding eyes in crossbeams, right over existing lacing.
9. lace each of the other three sides.
!! Use a separate piece of line for each side. That way should anything happen to one side, the other three are still secure.
10. Once all sides are secure, start by removing port, starboard, and aft OLD lacing. Remove the front last, and leave line attached, pull out and to the side of the boat (onto the dock).
LASTLY... I watered the trampoline well, and walked on it to stretch it out, then cinched it up very tight. I think wetting it then tightening it is essential.

It is very hard to get all the spaces around the edge even. I think I can continue to work this when I want (or maybe never) .
So I have a new trampoline that is UV resistant. I spent 200 on the netting, and an extra 60 or 70 on line, put in about 12 hours of work, to save 1330. Im happy with that. The netting is thicker than the orginal, and diamonds rather than squares.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000052.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	39522   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000058.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	39523  

Old 05-04-2012, 13:07   #59

Rozzie,
Thanks for your description. I might also do a DIY job, once this is required, the hour rate was quite good.
One question: could you explain which netting you bought, or even better, a link to the right product?
Thanks,
Jef
Old 05-04-2012, 14:47   #60

The netting I found was from Haverford here in Australia. Im sure there would be comparable netting in other places.
But this is what I used. There are three on this linked page, I got the 250/200 ply.

Catamaran Trampoline Netting

Tags
lifelines, mahe 36, railings