Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2019, 14:07   #76

Boat: FP Salina 48, Hobie 33
Re: Improvements to the Saba 50

Helia 44 I thought the Helia EVO davit spec was 150Kg. I know I looked it up when I was signed up to buy one, but I may not remember the spec correctly. I know for a fact my Salina is rated at 150Kg. However, I'm 100% certain there was never a Saba with 100Kg rated davits.

Tornadosailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 14:09   #77

Boat: Saba 50 2016

yep... you're right... the shelves for the TV are on the STBD side, not port... I must be kind'of dizlayxic..
Here is a pic of my davits. they look the same as yours, but yours may have extra back plates and bolts..

I re-read your post and you say the winches for your davits are hydraulic. I may be mistaken but I believe mine are electric, so this may account for the difference in rated weight..

just guessing..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1738.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	185346  

CatDAzur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 14:58   #78

Boat: 2015 Fountaine Pajot SABA 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDAzur View Post
Here is what the manual says:
Max dinghy length
3.80 m
Max load per davit
100 kg
I believe that is the Manual for the Helia 44....

My SABA is far larger, and my dinghy is 4.3 Metres with space to go....
I cannot believe that is for the SABA.. Calm Seas Quest quotes 350 kg for their SABA... I thought mine Hull # 11 was 500 kg total..

But certainly not 100 kg, that was the main problem with the Helia 44, we needed more of a center console water taxi for longer range and my Wife is a bit handicapped and cannot sit sideways on a soft side light tender...
Helia 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 16:32   #79

100kg does sound pretty light. May be FP used the wrong data when putting together the Saba manual.
Old 05-02-2019, 16:37   #80

Boat: 2019 Fountaine Pajot Saba 50'

Quote:
100kg does sound pretty light. May be FP used the wrong data when putting together the Saba manual.
I'm not on the boat at present, but I'm pretty sure the hydraulic davits are 175KG ea. I passed on the hydraulic swim platform as the weight limitation was only 200KG.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw
CalmSeasQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 15:58   #81

Helia44 - back to the subject of installing a TV on starboard - here is a pic of my cabinet... I previously look everywhere around it and in the adjacent cabinet and could not see any screws. Obviously I must have been looking in the wrong place, so your feedback is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1694.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	185411  
Old 23-03-2019, 12:40   #82

Boat: 2015 Fountaine Pajot SABA 50

Quote:
Helia44 - back to the subject of installing a TV on starboard - here is a pic of my cabinet... I previously look everywhere around it and in the adjacent cabinet and could not see any screws. Obviously I must have been looking in the wrong place, so your feedback is appreciated.
Sorry, I have been a bit too busy sort of retiring and I missed your Post some how.. Happy to be of help....

That whole cabinet there has a number of screws in it, covered by round wood coloured covers, you have to look closely to find them.. It unscrews with a few at the sides and a few at the bottom, then the whole cabinet slides out..

Behind it is your winch bases, where they are powered up and their motors, and it is the usual place to put one of the air conditioning units...

I have three TVs on my Saba 50, one in port and starboard cabins and a large one bigger than that cabinetry, in the main salon. I have it on a folding TV mounting system, fastened into the back of those openings, and the TV folds up against the cabinet or pulls out to angle for viewing in the main Salon... I carry charts in the shelves of the cabinetry, and old fashioned plotting tools and such. The TV folds up tight against the cabinets, and is wide all the way out to the side Salon windows. It is not really in the way to go up and down the stairs, and on off nights I do enjoy the TV and box sets of programs...

Good luck with all of that...

Kind regards, Helia 44, headed north to the GBR in about late June... But for now staying in port in Mooloolaba. Cyclone Season up north, and Jellyfish Blooms, No good there til about June to October November...

Helia 44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men, Saba