Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2019, 10:29   #1

Boat: Mahe 36
How hot wire VP D1-30 EVC

Hi all,
Have D1-30B engines in Mahe 36 cat. Equipped with Volvo, Electronic Vessel Control for start, preheat and stop. It’s the small rectangular four button punch pad and includes warning buzzer for engine function.
Port unit seems fine but the last couple of starts, the power up button (top left) was a bit cranky and only worked after several presses. Now I can’t start the engine, period. Boat is at home and I have a new pad coming so I’m not stuck but wife asked “How do we hot wire it?”
I realize I have two engines but we venture into some pretty remote and somewhat dicey areas and two engines are better than one.
So, anyone know how?
Cheers, Martyn
Rufduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:54   #2

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37
Re: How hot wire VP D1-30 EVC

Maybe this will help.

https://youtu.be/xP-1Q_4bRcI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufduck View Post
Hi all,
Have D1-30B engines in Mahe 36 cat. Equipped with Volvo, Electronic Vessel Control for start, preheat and stop. It’s the small rectangular four button punch pad and includes warning buzzer for engine function.
Port unit seems fine but the last couple of starts, the power up button (top left) was a bit cranky and only worked after several presses. Now I can’t start the engine, period. Boat is at home and I have a new pad coming so I’m not stuck but wife asked “How do we hot wire it?”
I realize I have two engines but we venture into some pretty remote and somewhat dicey areas and two engines are better than one.
So, anyone know how?
Cheers, Martyn
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 19:04   #3

Boat: Mahe 36

Hi Cotemar,
When I bought the Mahe, it had previously been burgled while on the hard in Spain. Nice job as they carefully undid all the plugs rather than just cutting the wires. Unfortunately they also took all the original paperwork and manuals.
What I have are partial copies from other Mahes and what I have gleaned from this list. Thank you all.
The battery switches and how they worked together were not included in any of the paperwork.
I saw that video and another like it plus a comprehensive article from Germany.
After several days systematically plowing through way more data than I ever wanted to AND after buying a new EVC box, The problem remained unsolved.
I was about to order a replacement MDI Box and thought back to what the last thing I did with the engine. I had what I thought was to put it in emergency start mode because the stbd start battery was showing 12.6 v. What I actually did was to open the stbd battery power switch.
You probably realize what that does. No voltage to stbd engine, period. Closed the switch and everything works.
I now have a more complete wiring schematic for the three battery switches and even know how to de energize the starting systems for both engines. Before I just assumed that the French were just very honest.🤗 thanks again for the help. Now I just need to get a ferret that takes notes.
Have a serviceable EVC PAD . Frt and $30.
A last question. Anyone done a window (in the hull) replacement. One has leaked from day 1 and now the one on the other side is leaking. Gorilla tape only lasts 18 months up here.
Cheers, Martyn
Rufduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 07:23   #4

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37

This FP window information may help.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...tml#post511878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufduck View Post
A last question. Anyone done a window (in the hull) replacement. One has leaked from day 1 and now the one on the other side is leaking. Gorilla tape only lasts 18 months up here.
Cheers, Martyn
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote