Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2011, 04:11   #1

Boat: TBA
Generator

Has anyone installed or sighted a generator installed in a lipari if so where was it positioned and what make/ model if you know would help
aclmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 14:29   #2

Boat: Fountaine Pajot LUCIA 40 Maestro Hull n°101
Re: Generator

Hello aclmck,
I don't have one on my Lipari, 300W solar panels are enough for us.
But I know one who have it on the left hull behind engine... surely done by FP factory... 1,5 kw I remember.
Oliver66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 16:29   #3

Boat: FP Lipari, 11.95 metres

Hi
I saw a Lipari in Southampton which had the generator fitted under the port aft bunk. There are foam blocks( buoyancy) under the aft end of the GRP base which were removed and redistributed around the remaining space beneath the bunk. From memory, the generator was about 8 kVA. In addition, he had also moved the hot water tank from the stbd engine room to under the owners bunk (Maestro version).
Gary
Takamoana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2015, 21:26   #4

Boat: Fountaine Lipari 41 Evolution

Has anyone had a factory generator fitted? I believe they fit them under the port aft berth but would love a photo and maybe the internal size of the space they use. I'm trying to work out what size the Genset needs to be for the space before I go cutting holes, and how and where they run the exhaust and coolant lines.

https://www.facebook.com/SvTwoflower
Dod42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 02:20   #5

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lipari 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dod42 View Post
Has anyone had a factory generator fitted? I believe they fit them under the port aft berth but would love a photo and maybe the internal size of the space they use. I'm trying to work out what size the Genset needs to be for the space before I go cutting holes, and how and where they run the exhaust and coolant lines.

We have four Lipari's in the charter fleet. One has a dealer installed Northern Lights, six kw in the anchor locker. Don't do this, it's to wet up there. The other three have factory installed generators. All under the port aft bed. One is an Onan, the other two are Northern Lights. We specified the Northern Lights over the Onan after some initial problems with the Onan. It has settled down now but we still prefer the Northern Lights.

The space is insulated for sound at the factory, it has a water separator exhaust and they are very quiet.
captainjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 03:21   #6

Boat: Fountaine Lipari 41 Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjay View Post
We have four Lipari's in the charter fleet. One has a dealer installed Northern Lights, six kw in the anchor locker. Don't do this, it's to wet up there. The other three have factory installed generators. All under the port aft bed. One is an Onan, the other two are Northern Lights. We specified the Northern Lights over the Onan after some initial problems with the Onan. It has settled down now but we still prefer the Northern Lights.

The space is insulated for sound at the factory, it has a water separator exhaust and they are very quiet.
Thanks for responding. I would never install in the anchor locker, as you said too wet. Not sure I could anyway as in Australia the gas locker gets moved to the anchor locker, so there probably isn't enough room.

I know it's a big ask but when one is in could I trouble you to take a couple of quick photos of the install and post or email to me. Please. I'm looking at doing a lot of the install myself and would like to see how the factory did it before I go cutting holes. I have access to some great sound proofing etc. if you can fit a 6.5 in the space then it must be fairly deep.

Thanks again

https://www.facebook.com/SvTwoflower
Dod42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator