Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-03-2015, 09:58   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Belize 43 Maestro
Galley Sink Upgrades

Has anyone changed out the two round galley sinks with a rectangular, double sink (e.g. one piece)? We get water accumulating behind the sinks when moving items from the right side (wash), to the left side (rinse), and then to the drying rack. We keep a chamois to soak up water, but there has to be a better way.

Looking for information from anyone who has accomplished this upgrade. If not, we'll be working on it in the next few months and will pass on photos.

Pete
S/V Delphinus
peteatbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2015, 03:59   #2

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lipari 41
Re: Galley Sink Upgrades

I haven't done one but did a Jaguar a few years back. We had several of these boats in the charter fleet and the water around the sink was always a problem. I would have or make a solid surface, "corian" top made to go over the whole area from the dish drainer to the trash can lid. Put a nice under counter mount sink in that. The fiberglass can be easily cut out to accommodate that. Have a new piece made for the other side where the blue piece is in this picture as well. I would make that piece as large as possible to give a better counter area and surface. The dish drainer would look under counter mounted when you are done. I would not reinstall the trash can hole. I would rather have the counter space. Put a slide out trash can in the cabinet underneath.

captainjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 17:51   #3

Boat: FP Belize 43

Great suggestions !! .. I've also been contemplating what to do with mine.. Any suggestions on my countertop ice maker placement ...

Thanks

Once freedom has exploded in the soul of a man, the gods have no more power over him -
Jean-Paul Sartre
wongai64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 03:12   #4

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lipari 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongai64 View Post
Great suggestions !! .. I've also been contemplating what to do with mine.. Any suggestions on my countertop ice maker placement ...

Thanks

Once freedom has exploded in the soul of a man, the gods have no more power over him -
Jean-Paul Sartre
What does the icemaker look like? How big is it?
captainjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
galley