Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-10-2017, 08:38   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lavezzi
fuel tank removal

Good day Lavezzi owners. Has anyone been able to remove the fuel tank? I have done everything else, polished fuel, tried to clean tank before removing (poor job and difficult). I have now gone to oversized filters, bug killers, but I would still feel better if given the chance to properly scrub it. I have mailed the yard, but no answer. Thanks and good sailing
Inanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 12:15   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Catamaran, FP 40 ft
Re: fuel tank removal

Hello, I also am a Lavezzi owner, and have the same fuel issues.... When passing in Cuba, i suspect to have taken contaminated diesel, and had to emergency stop in Jamaica. There i had a company suposedly clean out/scrub the tank (exchanged the 200 litres of diesel), and thought all was ok... But it wasnt.. as on route to Dom Rep, engines died on me, and i was cleaning all the time de Racor filters (i didnt have sufficient clean cartridges).. so i am still with a dirty fuel tank.... Have you been able to get the tank out? How did you do it? Thanks for the heads up. Best rgds Pieter
Pieter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, fuel tank, removal