Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 09:45   #1

Boat: FP, Eleuthera 60
freezer problem

It appears that the thermo sensor o the freezer plate is bad; compressor works when I jump the C and T terminal and I bought a new white ASU electronic sensor....was not the problem so it has to be the thermal sensor in the box (holding plate).
I talked with Isotherm and the longest such cable is about 3 meters...my run is much longer than that.,.....I took out the control unit to look into the wall and see that there is a coupling unit for the phone like cables, so they are extended but I also see a round cable that seems to go down into the freezer box and back with the other phone like cables. I'm very puzzled; Isotherm tells me that one of the phone like cables (the thinner one) turns into the thermal sensor attached to the plate........I can't see all but it doesn't seem that way. I am manually (by jumping the terminals) using the freezer on and off but I would like to solve the problem. I am presently sailing the Chesapeake and have been doing all the repairs I have posted before by myself....I would like to continue so.
My question then; has anyone replaced the cable?, does anyone know the run they take to the compressor?.
MIRELOS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freezer