Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 19-06-2006, 05:32   #46

I was just looking at a 38-40' -ish (Lavezzi is it?) FP on the hard standing yesterday. The fixed keels where very short, meaning it neeeded supports both fore and ft to prevent toppling over. I would not trust it to take the ground reliably. Also, the propellors where astern of the (spade) rudders, which I don't like.

Have they changed the design recently?
Moby Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 11:46   #47

Boat: Mahe, 36' "Oceanview"
Jean
I have a Mahe on order as well, won't get it until April 2007. Would certainly like to discuss how your outfitting her, and how much your having done in France and what your adding in the States. Also, are you planning on having her sailed to Tampa or placed on a ship for delivery? I also know of 2 other Floridians that have ordered the Mahe. They are in South Florida.

Thanks
Scott
Scott730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:08   #48

Boat: Mahe 36
Just wondered whether people were ordering the two cabin or three cabin version of the Mahe?

I'm going to take a look at the FP's at the boat show and I'm seriously considering the Mahe but i'm two minds about the version I would prefer?

A separate bathroom for guests would be nice but of course you're sacrificing berths to get it.
Kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:42   #49

Boat: Mahe, 36' "Oceanview"
Kipper
I purchased the 2+2 version, but only after a lot of thought. If I had a family the story would be different. But since it is my wife and I primarily, and maybe another couple at times the 2+2 seemed to fit our needs the best. Besides the forward berth seems to small for a couple to use comfortably for any period of time. However, to cover all my bases, I did opt for the adjustable salon table so we can covert it into a bed as needed.
Good luck with your search, I do believe one of the first Mahe's in the U.S. will be at the St. Pete Florida boat show Nov. 16th, I'll be there looking her over.
Scott730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 14:29   #50

Boat: Alura 30
Our Mahe will be here probably by late november.we got the 3 cabins version and I am not still sure we made the right choice...we have grown up kids and lot's of friends so we thought better 3 cabins.if you really think about it how much time do you really spend doing whatever you are doing in the bath? water is scarce on a boat so I always tell my crew to be very frugal. It also means more plumbing,so eventually more problems. future will tell us if we made the right choice.we will see you all at the St pete show.JC.
jean1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 18:17   #51

Boat: Woods/Coplan Boats (SA) Ocean Spirit 34
"Of "cheaply built" boats"

New cats like FP do have nice styling and layouts. If one is to offshore, a lot of research should be done.
My Prout has 10 stays holding the mast and has cruised all the major Oceans, and we sail it in 20 to 30 knot winds often.(we get a lot of this down here)
I spoke to a delivery skipper who delivered a new Lagoon from NZ to Fiji, by the time they got to Suva,Fiji, the boat was pratically an insurance writeoff, main star bulkhead had broken up and there was other structural delamination and damage.(dont want to knock Lagoons in general as this could have been a faulty one).
We do see older FPs come our way(like Venezias), and I think these are built well. Yet to see the new range come down as far as NZ.
Most new designs and models would be ok for coastal work, but for offshore...definitely upgrade those cleats and maybe structure underneath...to start with!
redtwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2006, 17:19   #52
One of Those

Boat: Catalac 12M (sold)
I was looking at the three cabin design, and envisioning what I could do with that extra cabin. Like, keep my bicycles and some tools in there. I think for a boat that small, one head is enough for a crew of four, unless two of them are women (ah oh...)
Old 27-09-2006, 21:00   #53
DtM

If anyone has some of their own photos of the Mahe36 can they post them or PM them to me so that we can better look at the hard bimini option.
We have decided on the 3 cabin and the saloon table conversion. We think one head is plenty. Time will tell.
DtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 08:14   #54

My laptop crashed and I lost everything....pretty sad.speaking about the bimini I am not sure the folks at FP are sure about what they want to do,I just may wait untill our boat gets here and have some of the local shops look at it.I also think that one head is plenty,just a matter of beeing organized.JC.
Old 13-03-2007, 15:19   #55

On my 1998 Bahia I replaced the forestay last year but not the shrouds.Hope to get a couple more years out of them but interested to hear other FP owners opinions. Josef
josef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2007, 16:56   #56
cnj

Boat: Fontain Pejot Tobago 35 Cat Alee
Well, back to orignal question. I'm glad to find another Fountaina Pajot owner. My husband and I just bought a 35' Tobago. We bought it in St. Pete, FL and sailed down through the keys and up to Rhode Island. We went through storms with 50 + winds and it handled fine (My husband, until recently a committed monohuller), loved it that I could make coffee and soup and not spill anything during the worst weather. I've been on the websites you mention, but haven't seen many Fontaine Pejot owners.
cnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 23:04   #57

Fontaine Pajot Interior Layout Plans

Glad to see the forum is getting back to FPs. I am about buy a 40' Australian design boat which I think is beautiful on the outside but doesn't match the FJ interior which a the best I have seen. I would like to obtain the plans for the interior of the Belize or Lavazzi to build into this boat. Can anyone give me the email address and name of someone at FJ that I can discuss this with?
Rover Thomas
roverthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2007, 20:40   #58

Boat: hope to be a Power Catamaran Cruiser as soon as we can swing it
pirate Wanna join FP forum too, Please

Hey Geisle,adornan, sonosailor and other FP owner/wannbe owners:

We'd like be allowed to join the Fountain Pajot Group too !
We don't have a boat yet, much less a FP, but we love them and are trying to work out the details to allow us to become a FP owner.
We are Power Cat wannabe's, I hope that doesn't knock us out of the forum group..?...?
We love to read anything about any year or model, sail or Power...

Thanks, Walter, Nancy & Petee (our parrot Mascot !)
Desert Sailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2007, 06:56   #59

Boat: Gemini 105M, 34
We have a FP Bahia on the hard in Grenada. I am having three feet cut off the top of the mast so it will go under the bridges on the east coast of the US. The top of the main will be cut down but the fore sails are not affected. Anyone had this done?
captnknopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2007, 07:16   #60

Welcome Desert Sailors. This is a great Forums,even if you don't have a boat ....yet. We became FP owners in April,still in the learning process.JC.

Tags
fountaine pajot