Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-12-2017, 05:01   #1

Fountain Pajot Lucia Handover / Known Issues ?

For my factory handover in La Rochelle I would like to ask other owners for their experiences.

Are there any known issues I should be aware of ? Any details I should know ? Something you would do different now ? How and where did you upgrade your boats ? In La Rochelle ?

Thank you
mark.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2017, 13:20   #2

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Helia 44
Re: Fountain Pajot Lucia Handover / Known Issues ?

Hi Mark! There is a Fountaine Pajot Owners group in FB. You might find that forum helpful. We did the handover in La Rochelle. The biggest kink was timing. We were told when we made the final payment the boat would be handed over the next day. Instead, there was three weeks between! (Side note, friends who just bought a Nautitech experienced the same thing). We did bare necessity outfitting in La Rochelle with Uchimata and then came to Florida to finish our outfitting.

We made a video recently with a walk through of all of our cruising and “luxurious” upgrades to our boat. Our channel on YouTube is Out Chasing Stars.

As for the handover itself, we got a walk through with a factory person and our broker. Be sure o tour he factory while you are there and meet some of the customer service team.

Have fun!
Old 15-12-2017, 00:22   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyA511 View Post
Hi Mark! There is a Fountaine Pajot Owners group in FB. You might find that forum helpful. We did the handover in La Rochelle. The biggest kink was timing. We were told when we made the final payment the boat would be handed over the next day. Instead, there was three weeks between! (Side note, friends who just bought a Nautitech experienced the same thing). We did bare necessity outfitting in La Rochelle with Uchimata and then came to Florida to finish our outfitting.

We made a video recently with a walk through of all of our cruising and “luxurious” upgrades to our boat. Our channel on YouTube is Out Chasing Stars.

As for the handover itself, we got a walk through with a factory person and our broker. Be sure o tour he factory while you are there and meet some of the customer service team.

Have fun!
Hi Amy.
Thank you very much for all the infos. I will have a look at your blog and youtube channel.
That wil be very helpfull.
And I think the hint to get to know some of the customer service team is very important.

Right now FP does not good providing me almost no information on technical details or a more exact delivery date.

So I hope other owners can help...
Old 15-12-2017, 02:09   #4

Sadly, we found that it was very tough to get technical information when we were in the boat buying process. Other owners are a better bet, really.

Good luck! Feel free to reach out if you need specific info.
Old 15-12-2017, 10:04   #5

Boat: FP, Eleuthera 60

Our handover went relatively well, once the insurance came through and payment was made we were able to live aboard. We found the crew and manager (Yves De Karangat in our case), a pleasure to deal with and very helpful as long as you engage them.
Would do it again but spend more time in La Rochelle, beautiful place dedicated to maritime industry and great food. Don't miss the farmers market by the marina.
MIRELOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 21:23   #6

Thanks for your help
Old 17-12-2017, 19:32   #7

Boat: FP Lucia 40, Hull #22

Hi

We took delivery in La Rochelle in 2016 prior to sailing to the Med. There are no specific areas to focus on, just make sure you do a thorough check. Much easier to get things resolved there rather than when you are cruising and "of no fixed address".

Definitely do a factory visit, it is interesting and worth meeting some of the FP staff.

HOWEVER: Our experience is that FP are not interested in dealing directly with the customer, they insisted in everything going through the broker/sales agent and would not take action unless requested by the agent.

Uchimata are helpful, do good work and are reasonably priced. They can be very busy in June/July so if you are in that timeframe be sure to arrange it all well ahead.

And as Amy said - it may well all take a bit longer than planned but La Rochelle is a lovely town and a bit of time there won't go astray.

Congrats on your new Lucia

Martin
MKB53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 04:45   #8

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Saba50

Looked for your youtube channel....could not find it.

sandy
sandymwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 04:47   #9

found it....thanks!
Old 18-12-2017, 04:58   #10

Amy, we have a 50 ft. FP Saba. I am very interested to know the fabric your MIL used on your window shades. We have had three people in for measure and estimate. NEVER heard back from them. Our boat is in the BVI (Tortola), and we would love to cover the salon windows. Thanks for your anticipated response.

Sandy Peterman
Old 18-12-2017, 06:16   #11

Looked through Q&A's....found name of fabric.. Loved the video...showed my husband....he loved it as well.

Safe travels,

Sandy and Kirk
Old 27-12-2017, 14:02   #12

Hey Sandy, glad you found it! Feel free to reach out via facebook or email if you have any other questions - there’s a contact us on both those sites.
Old 01-03-2018, 20:52   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKB53 View Post
Hi

HOWEVER: Our experience is that FP are not interested in dealing directly with the customer, they insisted in everything going through the broker/sales agent and would not take action unless requested by the agent.

Martin
Hi All,

Just adding my 2 cents on this, it is true, but this is part of their agreement with the dealers. I worked for Jeanneau, a while ago, and basically, the factory/main office is not supposed (almost not allowed) to interact with the clients, in France this applies to almost all type of dealers (cars, boats, etc.). Main offices are not client facing entities...

Yann
YannKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 16:21   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannKev View Post
Hi All,

Just adding my 2 cents on this, it is true, but this is part of their agreement with the dealers. I worked for Jeanneau, a while ago, and basically, the factory/main office is not supposed (almost not allowed) to interact with the clients, in France this applies to almost all type of dealers (cars, boats, etc.). Main offices are not client facing entities...

Yann

This is true for boat parts as well. 10 years ago harken would not sell direct to customers. Amazon has been changing the model though.
JC Reefer is offline   Reply With Quote