Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-02-2013, 05:01   #31

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Eleuthera 60
Re: Eleuthera 60

Hi, I started sailing as a complete novice in 2003, I started with monohulls a 45ft and then a 57ft Benateau, I was then taken out on a FP 60ft Cat, I'll never go back to monohulls I'm 61 this week. I've now sailed all over the Med and the Atlantic in all weathers with just my partner Kelly, go for electric winches everywhere even on the bows for stern mooring.
Fit a dishwasher and an icemaker, the ice keeps the beer and wine cool and all your glasses and kitchen gadgets and plates are always clean and ready to use, fit the best watermaker with the higest volume and the biggest engines FP have, I have twin 180hp turbo diesil, great to get anywhere when there is no wind, fit the extra fuel tanks, I can carry 1000 ltrs. Cats are the future fit the best sails and get code O and Cruising 12 Nts is Normal 15 to 20 is average with good winds, close hauled on a FP 60 is great, I've raced monos lots of times they loose big style down wind and I hold my own close hauled.
I can swing horses round in the room I have, never mind cats!!!! Excuse the pun,
If there is any down side its the mooring cost, in the med they charge you up to double, but the last few years as the ammount of Cats as increased the prices have dropped by huge ammounts.
eg; La Manga in the med is now only 12,000 Euros a Year including Water and Electricity and Cleaning, that's cheap for a beautiful resort, of course there's anchoring and thats where a cat rules, unless the weather is really bad a goods night sleep is every night, no more rolling, no more seasicky's, I can't remember the last guest who was ill, and I think that was too much wine. CATS RULE THEY ARE THE FUTURE, look at the Americas cup CATS win.
Mick Edge is offline   Reply With Quote