Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 25-06-2007, 13:23   #91

Hi Scott, Is that a bow sprit I see in picture 3, can't quite make it out from the angle, if so can I see some more pictures of it especially close up. Thanks

Old 25-06-2007, 13:48   #92

Boat: Mahe, 36' "Oceanview"
That is a bow sprit, it is an option from the factory. There were 3 boats delivered on the same ship, 2 of them were Mahe's, that picture was of the other Mahe taken from my boat. So, sorry I can't get you more pictures, I'll send an email to the owner to see if he wants to contribute.

Old 25-06-2007, 14:44   #93

Boat: Mahe 36
Hi Scott,
Congrats on your new Mahe. It looks great! I am getting mine in the beginning of August in La Rochelle, and I will sail Spain and Portugal for 2 months. In December I will be returning to sail the boat back to the Caribbean, and from there home to N. Miami.
In the meantime if you have any information regarding the boat I would appreciate you passing it on to me. Did you decide to do anything with the bimini.
Thanks alot and happy sailings!
Mark
Old 25-06-2007, 15:20   #94
DtM

We have the bowsprit on our Mahe (hull29).
WE will take some pictures and post them for you.
Sorry we haven't been able to give you a long report on the boat to date. The weather in Sydney is truly miserable at the moment, gales and rain. OK it is the middle of winter but this is ridiculous.
We are working on a bimini with the Aussie agent and Michael Bell. Will let you know how we go. Has anyone done their own bimini yet? JC you were going to give it a go.
In the little time we have sailed "Together" I would have to say she is very responsive to puffs and accelerates instantly.
The circuit beraker for the house is a strange methodology but now we know about it we are OK.

daniel
Old 25-06-2007, 15:48   #95

Boat: Lagoon 380
I'm surprised to see those escape hatches so far forward. Do they get hit hard with a lot of water?
Old 25-06-2007, 16:43   #96
DtM

When we moved the Auckland Mahe from the boat show to its berth some 4 hours away we did it in a choppy sea and were hard on the wind (20 plus knots) to get there.
There was no bashing of the bridge deck and no leaking of the escape hatches
Old 25-06-2007, 22:07   #97

Boat: Lagoon 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by DtM
When we moved the Auckland Mahe from the boat show to its berth some 4 hours away we did it in a choppy sea and were hard on the wind (20 plus knots) to get there.
There was no bashing of the bridge deck and no leaking of the escape hatches
cool! Of course they figure all that in, I was just surprised to see them there.
Old 26-06-2007, 12:11   #98

Boat: Alura 30
Nice pictures scott.I think you have summerized everything very well.We were gone this week end it was very hot on the hook!we really enjoyed our AC .it takes a long time during the day to cool off the boat,lots of heat coming trough the front windows,at night it was wonderfull.I am still working on trying to resolve my propane problem like you.my sliding doors need to be adjusted also.I have someone working on the bimini right now,it should be done by the end of july.We are really enjoying our boat and are leaving again next week for the dry tortugas if we have some good wind.That's it for today.JC.
Old 26-06-2007, 12:38   #99

I forgot to ask you guys.I just got my US coast guard #.it has to be place inside the boat,does anybody has any suggestions on how to do that.? where to go to have this done? Thanks.JC.
Old 26-06-2007, 17:08   #100

Hi JC.
It is good to hear from you again and to see that you are really enjoying the boat so much. Did you came with a new idea with the bimini to be able to cover the helmsman or you are instaling it like in the factory?
The first week of august I will be in La Rochelle, any suggestains for crusing in that area? Thanks Mark
Old 26-06-2007, 17:19   #101

Hi Scott
Thanks for info. I can not understand why the company will built a boat with a US spec. and will not have the right LP conector? hope you will find a solution to it. Mark
Old 26-06-2007, 17:32   #102

Boat: FP Belize, 43' - Dot Dun
JC,

Good luck on the wind heading for Dry Tortugas, I'm down on Marco Island and the only wind we've been having is associated with big dark clouds in the late afternoon (ugh!).

Holler if you plan to spend a night or two on Marco, we can chat about boat maintenance over a beer (or two).

-Marc-
Old 27-06-2007, 15:11   #103

Hi JC.
The coast #, you place it at the outside port side of the boat. Enjoy your trip to the Tortugas. Mark
Old 28-06-2007, 05:05   #104

Mark I am talking about the # that is supposed to be inside the boat.it is my identification # with homeland security.it has to be engrave where it cannot be removed.Dotdun thanks about the tip for LP connection,sounds pretty simple.We will be leaving tuesday am for the Tortugas.JC.
Old 28-06-2007, 12:10   #105

Boat: Mahe, 36' "Oceanview"
JC
I used an agent to do my Coast Guard documentation. They offered a plate with the numbers sandwiched between 2 lucite panels. They wanted $100 for it. After looking at it, I made my own. I bought 3 inch letters and numbers and stuck them to a lucite panel then epoxied a 1/2 bead around the edge, placed another panel on top of the first one. Clamp it for a while. Then I used the epoxy to bond it in the engine compartment. It has to be permanently affixed to the hull so to remove it would leave damage. Remember to put the letters NO with a space first, then your CG Number.
Hey, tell us more about your Bimini design

Scott

Tags
mahe 36

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: