Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 11:05   #136

Jaguar 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
Hi Jean,

I am debating between the Mahe 36, and the Jaguar 36, although the advertised price of 199,000 on the Mahe makes it look very attractive, eventhough almost everything is additional. I would like to know why you decided on the Mahe, and I hope you have a good trip in France, and I hope you will have only good things to report..
Thank you,
Mark

We are looking to charter the Jaguar 36 - what is your take on the boat. Is there enough room for 5 people?

Thanks
duggancci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:31   #137

Send a message via Skype™ to pguillemin
Hello Mark
My name is Philippe and I am the president of WIllmarUSA which import the Fountaine Pajot in the USA and especially Florida
We sold the Mahe to Jean and Scott and 10 other one
We will be happy to show you the boat here in Fort Lauderdale
You can email to one of the broker here
harold@willmarusa.com
pguillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 08:56   #138

Boat: Mahe 36
A quick question on the mahe

HI,
I am considering a mahe but have to act quick. I have 2 questions:
1) Does anyone out there have the upgraded volvo engines (30hp) and do you think this is a good upgrade
2) For those who own or have set foot on a mahe, how is the head room and bunk length? My husband is 6'4" and I want to make sure it wont be too small.
Okay, one last question....what upgrades do you think are critical?
thanks in advance,
Lori
lstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 09:16   #139

Send a message via Skype™ to pguillemin
Mahe

We will be glad to show you a boat
We have some here in Florida and we will have one in Annapolis for the boat show( Oct 4th to 7th)
Boat is big with lots of headroom
Upgrade to 30HP ?
Important upgrades are I think Bimini,extra water tank,Gennaker
Electronics ,gen set and air are cheaper and easier to install locally
Let me know
Cell is 954 6099345
pguillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 19:14   #140
DtM

Hi Lori,

We have a Mahe (Hull 29). I am 6 foot 4" and I could not be happier with the headroom and the length of the bed (which is true double bed size).

I am not sure where you are but if you are in Sydney or close by you can see our Mahe by contacting Michael Bell at this address

michael@allboatbrokerage.com

In my view the 30 hp upgrade is not necessary. You can get 6.5 knots with both engines running at 2100 rpm.

Good luck and take the jump into a great little boat.

daniel
DtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2007, 05:39   #141

Boat: Jaguar 22 mono called Arfur.
Good luck, fair winds. Saw the Mahe 36 at the Southampton UK Boat Show and immensly impressed with so much about it. Enormous beds compared to bigger boats with smaller crew. Steps were the best of all, and there were nine different sailing cats there and how many times a day do you want to hop up and down after stubbing your toes.
Loved the spaciousness of it. I'd do table and cushions differently, maybe with a fore and aft table and setting to either side, one as a full length chaise loungue, you know, a settee with the back at the end.
We'll be near Portimao in October, again, (by Air). Good safe up river harbour if you get caught, and lovely people the Portugese, and Albuferia has a fishing harbour with it's back to the Westerlies.
Have a great time. Bet you can't wait.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:57   #142

Boat: Alura 30
In the last 6 months I have made 2 runs from Tortola to Miami,the first one bringing our Mahe to Tampa,the second one last week on a 36' mono,well I am sure now that we made the right choice with our cat.I may be bias,it is like day and night.I think that everyone considering buying a boat should get a ride on a cat,especialy the wifes.....speed is not the most important factor,but the ride in confort with good visibility is really the strong point. Someone told me that I had a floating condo....with a little smile,well I think deep inside he kind likes our floating condo.
JC.
jean1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 17:55   #143

Boat: Mahe 36 KOKOMO
Mahe

We own the other Mahe that was delivered mid-June with Scott's boat. It has taken us a while to get on-line. Our boat was hit by lightning on June 22 at the dock, Thank goodness no one was aboard but we have been doing repairs ever since!
We are still looking for a LP gas tank that fits into those small gas lockers - what has anyone found?
We've enjoyed reading the changed every one has made and that everyone is working on redesigning the bimini! We had the factory center hard bimini installed. It's to narrow, the rain dumps right onto the seat!
Larry
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:05   #144

Larry sorry to hear about the lightning hit.how much damage did you get? For your LP gas tank you need to call Manchester tank ,you can go online,you need 5#vertical/10054,it is a close fit.my bimini is finished and will be installed on the boat friday.it covers the whole back of the boat.JC.
Old 04-10-2007, 14:42   #145

I did it! First West Coast Mahe!

Well I went ahead and did it and put my deposit down on a new Mahe 36. It will be based in SF Bay area. Thanks for all the info on this board. By the way, can anyone tell me the dimension of the gennaker/spinnaker that is an option for this boat?
thanks,
Lori
Old 04-10-2007, 20:23   #146

What is the V2 E pack on Mahe?

Another quick question. What is included in the V2 E pack on the mahe? The price of this option is many thousands of dollars and I was wondering what it includes. I am assuming it has the usual nav instruments, autopilot, and, VHF, and GPS. Does anyone know what instruments are actually included?
thanks in advance,
Lori
Old 05-10-2007, 17:19   #147

Boat: Mahe 36 KOKOMO
JC, Thanks for the info on the LP tank - How's your bimini? When you get a chance I'd like to see a picture - so we can get ideas on changing ours. Lightning damage so far totals $15,000. It took out all the elctronics, lights, engine panels and two exit spots in the hull. Larry
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:17   #148

Boat: 45ft FP Casamance
Had a long look at the Mahe at the Cape Town boat show over the last 2 days. She had a rough ride from France, got hammered in the BofBiscay, when around the Atlantic high to Southern Brazil and from there across to Cape Town, just north of the forties (36degrees south). Skipper reckons she handled it all no problem. Only slammed a few times with a big confused side on swell. The boat looks abolutely brand new after the trip...apart from one of the port side shrouds which started fraying at the crimp. Over the past week I looked at various Wildcats (Mark 1,11) (great layout=great boat at the price), a 99 Nose Be (same hulls, forerunner to the Admiral 38), a 2003 Parlay 40 (=Norseman) which has awesome layout but bad reputation for nose diving, 2001 Island Spirit 37 (my 2nd choice after the Mahe), Dean 360 (no ways), new St Francis 50 (I wish), 2005 Knysna 440 (maybe: trying hard too get the finances to work: most boat for the money), new Admiral 40 (to much fancy woodwork on the one I saw) and a new Leopard 40 (good looking boat, none 2nd hand yet).
In the under 40ft range the Mahe comes out tops w.r.t. cabin width and layout, alround vision in the saloon (awesome), 1 big head with big shower etc (3 cabin version), engine is in own compartments, dedicated nav station within line of sight from steering bench etc etc. Also awesome bridge deck clearance. Also the construction is injection molded = lighter and stronger they say? However, compared to most SA built boats the Mahe's fittings generally look VERY lightweight, almost Mickey mouse excuse my French. Things like mast, winches, windlass, shrouds, tiny battery banks, 500watt invertor just enough to run a toothbrush, poor quality fridge/freezer, very lightweight and small hatches....not to mention the prices they charge for all the "essential extras". But then again in SA a lot of the fittings on the SA boats are probably overdesigned, erring on the side of caution.
The Mahe certainly looks like it will be easy to singlehand, looks like a light boat, relatively small sail area, easy to handle for hubby whilst mom is down below handling the two toddlers...but a lot of the fittings don't look like they will last past a year...Anyway, all things being equal I am probably going to order one soon! Would love to hear from guys who have had their mahe's for a while...I will probably pick it up in France, does anyone have experience in fitting extras in La Rochelle or nearby after receiving the boat from FP?
Thanks
Fishy
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2007, 03:38   #149

Therapy,I will be moving my boat to Long boat key this week,where I found a dock at a private house,I want to be closer to the gulf.my boat will be at the St pete show in November.
JC.
Old 16-10-2007, 08:26   #150

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean1146 View Post
Therapy,I will be moving my boat to Long boat key this week,where I found a dock at a private house,I want to be closer to the gulf.my boat will be at the St pete show in November.
JC.
Thank you so much.
I have had plans to be there on Thurs.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahe 36