Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 21:08   #31
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Fountain Pajot, He'lia 44
Send a message via Skype™ to Gordon
Re: Belize 43 survey

Hi Guys, you won't have any response from the FP factory re warranty work until they all return from their summer shutdown. The office and factory return at the end of August.
Cheers Gordon.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 14:14   #32

Boat: Lavezzi 40, Pourpre

What year is that Gordon?
Dragon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 13:44   #33
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Fountain Pajot, He'lia 44
Send a message via Skype™ to Gordon

Lighten up mate, your cup always seems to be half empty.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 23:25   #34

Yeah thanks mate, I've only been waiting 2 months for a reply to my last email, we can't rush these things.
Good luck with your new boat I hope they have finally fixed the ossie issue, personally I would be going for a new Leopard, they leave the FPs for dead now in quality and design.
Old 14-08-2012, 22:57   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Lady View Post
I would be going for a new Leopard, they leave the FPs for dead now in quality and design.
Hi DL, I won't give any personal advise, but since you are giving R & C a plug, I'll give you two words: "Balsa below the waterline".

Apologies to "Kath and Kim".
tuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 01:16   #36

Re: Belize 43 Survey

Really, gee even FP don't do that.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:54   #37

Boat: acnoo dalite

look at the mast,
my belize when purchased from a charter company , had cracks at the base of the mast due to the deformation of the deck
the bulk head underneath had been smashed enough to have the base took an angle that was damaging the mast.
yachtiritis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:58   #38

Boat: acnoo dalite

I m intersted in same project for my belize
How long did it take to build
I m interested in detail or pict of the helm station
thanks
yachtiritis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 13:28   #39

Boat: FP Belize, 43' - Dot Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtiritis View Post
look at the mast,
my belize when purchased from a charter company , had cracks at the base of the mast due to the deformation of the deck
the bulk head underneath had been smashed enough to have the base took an angle that was damaging the mast.
I'm curious if the main halyard is run to the helm?

It's always bothered when mast compression is loaded on the deck plate due to main halyard clutched at the helm.
DotDun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2013, 13:10   #40

Can you hint me - what is maximum load for the Belizer 43? I am planning
transatlantic on such boat and try to calculate how much water I can take and thus - how many people. sorry for a bit offtopic...
sea_kaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2013, 13:41   #41

Boat: FP Belize, 43' - Dot Dun

3400kg
DotDun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 15:43   #42
DtM

What about a watermaker?
DtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 22:59   #43

I am renting the boat and it does not have watermaker and I didn't found something portable one with reasonable price / performance.
sea_kaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 21:35   #44

Boat: FP Belize 43

Hi Wayne and Schmacko

Ive also just bought a Belize in Australia. It needs work but is a 4 cabin/4 head ex charter and in good structural condition.. I need a new hardtop bimini which will take more solar panels .. did either of you end up making / buying / fititng one? Do you have pics?

Cheers
Paul
wongai64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2014, 04:11   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongai64 View Post
Hi Wayne and Schmacko

Ive also just bought a Belize in Australia. It needs work but is a 4 cabin/4 head ex charter and in good structural condition.. I need a new hardtop bimini which will take more solar panels .. did either of you end up making / buying / fititng one? Do you have pics?

Cheers
Paul
Hi Paul Congratulations of your purchase of the mighty Belize.
It will be worth the work and the effort to polish her up a bit
I have not yet installed a hard top but have collected some information along the way. There are not many Belize 43s around with hard top biminis but there are some.
I have written a description of what I think will work for me and supplied it to a builder/fabricator but have not gone on with it yet. I copy it below in case it may be of some assistance to you.

I am working on a plan for the hardtop but am certainly open to any suggestions that you may have. This is how I envision it might be from the research that I have done. You may very well be able to advise from your vast experience of a different method to arrive at the same desired end result and I welcome that advice.
The brief outline of requirements are for a fibreglass gelcoated structure capable of supporting the weight of 2 men safely. Visually when viewed from underneath it should have an uncluttered open span gelcoated ceiling. It should be of foam sandwich construction for strength, stiffness and condensation mitigation with most likely an integral gelcoated ceiling forming the lower part of the sandwich construction or possibly a suitable stiff material utilized as a headlining/ceiling.
The overall bimini should extend just slightly beyond the outer cockpit combing both to port and starboard and finishing just forward of and short of the mainsheet traveller, with a*slightly cambered top for water runoff and also aesthetics in somewhat matching the existing lines and flow of the salon roof. It should be capable of eventually mounting an array of*flexible solar panels if required at a later date. There should be an outer vertical lip which can facilitate the attachment of the clears and netting to the inside of, rendering the structure weatherproof. Also I am contemplating either a solid but forward opening set of windscreens or alternatively clears across as far as practicable with the hardtop bimini ‘sitting’ on top of and extending just forward of the windscreen in typical FP style. I am open to the possibility of removing the standard small windshield that is currently fitted if it would better allow the fitting of the new windscreen or clears. The infills between the outboard ends of the windscreen to aft of the fitted winches should be removable clears matching and joining to the full side curtains.
A hatch above the helm and the same on the port side will be needed. These could be covered when required by a clear acrylic laterally sliding and retained hatch cover which would allow light in and vision out with say a retractable UV rated blind installed at the bottom of the hatchway which could be drawn across for sun control when required.
Alternatively the hatch covers may be typical opening type covers retained with a gas strut in a fully open position and better able to direct available breezes down through the hatch openings whilst at anchor. The disadvantage with the later style is that they risk fouling errant lines and maybe the boom etc Also they will add shadow potential to any adjacent solar panels that might be installed but they do take up less available space on the bimini roof surface which may then accommodate an extra solar panel if required.
This hatch should be large enough to accommodate a person standing up with their head (and maybe shoulders) extended through the opened hatch when required.
As mentioned above it would be desirable to install a lightweight integral stiff ceiling/headliner to this structure into which could be installed some LEDs and maybe some flat speakers and a*security camera as well as obscuring the wiring from the solar panels above if they are subsequently fitted.
I see two possibilities of construction; we could build a SS frame as per the attached photos of the Belize 43 hardtop frame. Fabricate the fibreglass gelcoated bimini top, inbed the SS frame to support the structure and hide the SS frames and then install the foam infill layer and the integral inlaid ceiling all glassed together. It might be prudent to retain some sort of ladder access to the aft part of the bimini at the end of the boom much like is there now.
Alternatively we could build the hardtop bimini in a heavier stiffer fibreglass and foam sandwich construction so that it only needs support fore and aft on both sides in a stylish manner. This is my preferred design but the eventually selected method of construction will depend on the overall weight of the construction methods and obviously cost to construct.
I am open to your suggestions and or advice.
Kind regards
Wayne

The above are just my thoughts and I would certainly be welcoming of any input from interested parties as this is very much an unfinished work in progress.
And for inspiration I attach some photos of a local Belize with a hard top that was fabricated somewhere in Spain I believe. And no there are no plans available, unfortunately

AussieWayne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	03-mb196-view-from-top.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	91947   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-06-28 09.30.02.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	91948  

Click image for larger version