Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2016, 15:38   #1

Boat: Fountain Pajot Helia 2017
BBQ/Grill that FP sells with Helia as option...Is it any good?

I have been researching marine grills/BBQs. Has anyone purchased the add-on BBQ/Grill that FP offers for $1400? If anyone has gotten the BBQ with the FP what brand/model is it, how many BTUs, and do you like it? I have read many forums re BBQs/grills with people purchasing the MAGMAs and KUUMAs and bering very unhappy. I don't want to start another forum argument or food fight about which grill is the best, I would like to know what their grill is and why it is so good?
I have read a lot about the GalleyMate 1500 from AU, but this also costs about the same price but with shipping to USA = 2200$. People rave about this one, but the cost if prohibitive. I would have to go back to my old faithful webber until it falls off the back.
Thank you all so much for your comments and assistance along the way. We get our Helia in Feb. '17.
Cheers.
BOKKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 16:02   #2

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37
Re: BBQ/Grill that FP sells with Helia as option...Is it any good?

Brokkie,

The barbecue grill is a Sovereign and its installed at La Rochelle harbor by Uchimata

Barbecue - Sovereign BBQ's - Uchimata

We will install our Weber Q 1200 that we have used at home and marina on our Helia 44 Evo. They are top quality and built to last at a price that allowed us to buy other options like a watermaker.

Grill Comparison | Weber.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hélia-44-4 grill.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	308.7 KB
ID:	125745   Click image for larger version

Name:	plan-du-port (1).jpg
Views:	210
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	125747  

Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 18:26   #3

Re: BBQ/Grill that FP sells with Helia as option...Is it any good?

Bokkie
I'm having the same dilemma. I think I'm going to order the Galleymate 1500. The rotisserie option alone sold me. The grill very expensive but I guess you get what you pay for. It seems to be very well constructed and the mounting options look very robust as well. Plus they say its windproof to 50knts. I find that hard to believe but even if it's windproof to half that much, it should be good . I'm ordering it next week and we expect to take delivery of our boat in about a month and a half. I'll keep you posted

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
rajsach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Grill