Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-02-2017, 18:22   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Belize 43 Maestro
Amiot Traveler Track Control Ends

Has anyone replaced their Amiot track control ends yet? What did you replace it with? Any other issues related to this change?

We had both break in a recent squall (starboard broke and the car slammed into the port end breaking it, but luckily didn't let the car go free of the track).

What I have found so far is that Amiot is not in business anymore. Rig-Rite in US has replacement ends with becket for the 32mm track (AMI-32T-02 for about $140 each) that is slightly difference than ours but looks like it will work. Lewmar has control ends with becket that fit a 32mm track, but I'm unsure from pix how they fit on the end of the track or how to secure them.

Our starboard control end broke partially because the threaded hole in the AL track eroded from the SS screw that held the control end in place, and the control end tipped up. I will need to repair the hole or convert to a through deck hole (not happy).

Pete
peteatbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 02:18   #2

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lipari 41
Re: Amiot Traveler Track Control Ends

Back when we still had Belize cats in the charter fleet we used lewmar traveller ends on a few of them we had to place them at the end of the track and through bolt them into the deck with backing plates.
captainjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 07:34   #3

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Belize 43 Maestro

Thanks CaptJay. Most likely what I will do since I can more easily get Lewmar products in Carib.

Pete
peteatbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 08:35   #4

for your information ... these look a hell-of-a-lot like the Goiot brand traveller ends, which are on my yacht. So you might try looking for Goiot brand items as well ... you might get a perfect match
jannw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 09:56   #5

Boat: Beneteau First 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteatbeach View Post
Has anyone replaced their Amiot track control ends yet? What did you replace it with? Any other issues related to this change?

We had both break in a recent squall (starboard broke and the car slammed into the port end breaking it, but luckily didn't let the car go free of the track).

What I have found so far is that Amiot is not in business anymore. Rig-Rite in US has replacement ends with becket for the 32mm track (AMI-32T-02 for about $140 each) that is slightly difference than ours but looks like it will work. Lewmar has control ends with becket that fit a 32mm track, but I'm unsure from pix how they fit on the end of the track or how to secure them.

Our starboard control end broke partially because the threaded hole in the AL track eroded from the SS screw that held the control end in place, and the control end tipped up. I will need to repair the hole or convert to a through deck hole (not happy).

Pete
Garhaurer has traveler control ends that will fit Amiot Track that are better than the originals and less costly.

FWIW...
"It is not so much for its beauty that the Sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
svHyLyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 15:50   #6

Hi I need to replace corroded traveller control ends on my Amiot mainsheet system. Does anyone have personal knowledge of which brands of end control will fit the amiot track.

Thanks
mckinlne is offline   Reply With Quote