Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2017, 06:42   #31

Boat: FP Saba 50' - Ex-Factory 9, 10, 11, now 12/2018
Re: 2019 Saba Ordered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust42 View Post
Do you have any pictures or additional information about this electric multi-function table? We went with the standard coffee table in ours since she's in crewed charter for the time being, but looking ahead to living aboard I've always been thinking about how to replace it with a convertible table that could be raised and expanded to be used for dining. Would be great if there's now a factory option for that!
The design came from the Saona, but is now available on the Saba. The item description is...

OPT0553711 Electrical multifunction table - 5097 Euro
Electrical saloon table convertible into diner table or berth + cushion.

I have a PDF showing the various uses on the Soana (coffee table, small table, larger table with leaf and bed base.) It also pivots. I'd post it but I'm unclear how to post a PDF to CF. Send me a PM with an email and I'll forward it to you. The option is very expensive and I would have preferred a manual version, but we use the saloon table frequently so it was worth it to us.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw
CalmSeasQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 09:45   #32

Question Oh Great FP/Sailing Gurus, I could use your help...

My apologies in advance as this will be a Looong post. I'm trying to finalize the outfitting order for our Saba (Hull #106 due 11/2018 - Maestro Crew, Comfort version, 75hp Volvos, GenSet, A/C most options...) Most will be handled by Pierre at Uchimata and some in late 2019 in Florida. I'd really appreciate any suggestions or feedback you may have. The equipment selection is based on the boat likely being in limited crewed charter in the BVIs for a couple years while I wrap up business, then going most-time cruising (~9 months on, 3 months off annually.)

Here's the list as it currently stands...

- FlexoFold 3B props
- PropSpeed for props and Saildrives
- Ambassador Rope Stripper Line Cutters for Saildrives - Volvo Saildrive 150 3 Blade Flexofolds
- Hull Anti-Foul - (Coppercoat since Finsulate turned out to be a BUST)
- Downwind Sail and rigging (Parasail/Wingaker)
- Radar (Garmin Fantom 18)
- Through Hull Strainers?
- Highfield CL380BLT + FCT (240#), Evinrude eTech 30 ((i) E30DPGL Graphite - 183#) = 423#
- Forward cockpit Sun Shade (Canopee White vs Silver?)
- Ground Tackle - 100# Ultra, #13 swivel and 100m 12mm G6-+ 318L ISO 4565 CHROMEX duplex SS chain
- Cockpit and helm Textilene sun screens (LA Rochelle or Florida?) Separate zipper so screen and tent can remain installed and stored by rolling up
- CELL/WIFI booster/router (Glomex WEBBOAT4G PLUS IT1004PLUS/US)
- SS Fishing rod holders (2x)
- Flag pole holder (SS - stern edge of cockpit roof?)
-24" Bow Hatch (For W/D Install) Florida or France?

Canvas/Hulls/Teak
- Flexiteek 2G, full-margin - (scrubbed/white) helm, sun lounge, fwd cockpit, dolphin seats and anchor locker cover (perhaps potentially cockpit dining table) / (grey/off white) 5 heads/showers,
- Textilene net cover for trampoline (Florida)
- Wrap hulls - Light gray/silver gloss vinyl (Florida)

Electrical/Lighting
- Maximum Solar (~4 365W Sunpower on coachroof) + review battery and inverters
- Dual Voltage/Freq system - 230v Euro plug, switch, 230V charger inverter sized to run A/C, water heater, charger…
- Mast mounted cameras (bow and stern)
- Galvanic Isolator 110v protection
- Add 110V Outlets (~13X - Galley Island, port saloon, master bedside, all heads, cockpit, stern, helm, sun lounge, fwd cockpit)
- Install customer-supplied Flat Screen TV/Mount (3X - Saloon, master and Port Fwd stateroom - Florida)
- 12V Cabin Fans - Caframo Sirocco (Factory install 6 for wiring - add Dysons where 110V is avail)
- Underwater lights - Lumishore EOS TIX803 (10,500 Lumen) through hull variable color (2X)
- Variable color LED lighting for Cockpit / helm / Saloon
Transom step lights (blue - evaluate what's in courtesy light package)
- Foredeck/helm/speakers/amp (4 zones) - Add amp for Sun lounge and Fwd cockpit speakers
- Iridium go (Predict Wind package) w/ external Aviation antennae

Hull & Appliances
- Convert Butane Gas to Propane System (2X17# tanks, adjust vent for oven) add extra line for Pizza Oven (Florida)
- Washer Dryer (Model YTBD vented - installed in Std fwrd shower)
- Dishwasher - Full size Bosch installed Srtd saloon just inside cockpit door
- Upgrade Strainer on Factory Air Conditioning (3X - 1 needed per compressor)
- Passerelle/gangplank options (attach points?) Florida

Fuel/Ground Tackle
- Fuel filter/Polisher/Transfer System - Dual Racor 75-500+pump (2X) vs Keenan MK60DP (2X)

Plumbing
- Convert electric heads to fresh water flush to (5X)
- Fresh water washdown pump (foredeck)
- Water filtration system (Seagull IV X-2KF Accuflow) with spare filters - Florida
- Add fresh water spigot to stern (w 100' collapsible hose for fresh water washdown.
- Add hot water to Aft Shower

Rigging
- Add single line reefing for reef #2, switch halyards and reefs to Dyneema (Later/Florida)
- Extra Stb Winch aft for Downwind Sail ?
- Install Foot Switches for 3 Electric Winches ?
- Shorten sail bags to enable location of winch switches below
- SS Rub rails/plates for Running Rigging and anchor
- Gennaker/Code Zero/Screecher (Later/Florida)

Safety and Comfort
- SS Handrails for Companionways
- SS Fishing rod holders (2x)
- Flag pole holder (SS - stern edge of cockpit roof?)
- 24" Bow Hatch (For W/D Install) Florida or France?

Thanks So Much to anyone with the patience to review and offer suggestions!

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw
Old 29-11-2018, 12:35   #33

Boat: waiting for our Fountaine Pajot Astréa 42.
Re: Oh Great FP/Sailing Gurus, I could use your help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalmSeasQuest View Post
- Hull Anti-Foul - (Coppercoat since Finsulate turned out to be a BUST)
Hi.
As I am at the point of trying Finsulate on our new Astréa42 next year, I am wondering what you mean exactly. I know they did a SABA not so long ago. Was it yours, or what do you know ?
Luc bulterys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2018, 07:05   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc bulterys View Post
Hi.
As I am at the point of trying Finsulate on our new Astréa42 next year, I am wondering what you mean exactly. I know they did a SABA not so long ago. Was it yours, or what do you know ?
2 Sabas were equipped with Finsulate and were immediately met with significant problems. More information is available in the private FP Owners Group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1017563221642960/

As a result I cancelled my plans to install Finsualte and am planning on having coppercoat installed once my Saba arrives in Florida (Scheduled to leave the factory next week.)

Old 01-12-2018, 08:43   #35
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 450S
Send a message via Skype™ to davedindubai

Quote:
As a result I cancelled my plans to install Finsualte and am planning on having coppercoat installed once my Saba arrives in Florida (Scheduled to leave the factory next week.)
I know the decision to copper or not to copper is a big and scary one but don't worry, it's one of the best decisions I made.

Our boat was mostly marina based from May to November this year without a bottom clean. I just dove the boat and to my delight... it's in mint condition.

Copper coat was applied June 2017. Good luck on the launch!
Old 01-12-2018, 10:44   #36

Thanks Dave! - I'm comfortable with the Coppercoat decision. Just trying to determine if i can get it done in La Rochelle or wait until Florida.

BTW - LOVE your channel, I've been following your adventure since mid 2016 when you first created your thread.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:51   #37

Boat: waiting for our Fountaine Pajot Astréa 42.

Hi Tom,
I had a quote for our boat, after contacting the coppercoat representative of France. This is the company: CNVP F Lesineau <francois@cnvp.fr>
In the mean while I joined (Facebook) and the FP groups. Thanks for your tip.
Luc bulterys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:58   #38
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 450S
Send a message via Skype™ to davedindubai

Quote:
Thanks Dave! - I'm comfortable with the Coppercoat decision. Just trying to determine if i can get it done in La Rochelle or wait until Florida.

BTW - LOVE your channel, I've been following your adventure since mid 2016 when you first created your thread.
Thanks a lot!
I actually started reading your thread to see if I can pick up any ideas for our own improvements. It's always good to get inspo from a yacht more expensive than your own!

Our CC was done in L'Sables by Yacht Care Services but that's prob not a lot of help to you.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:58   #39

Thanks Luc,

I'll reach out to your contact and Uchimata to see if it can be done in the window between delivery and departure.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:13   #40

Finally! SV Ghost, St. Thomas USVI

After what seems like an eternity, Ghost is within a week of escaping France. She's sitting in La Rochelle waiting on the arrival of the Peters & May cargo ship Rolldock Sun which will deliver her to Florida where I'll lay eyes on her for the first time. If schedules hold, she'll depart La Rochelle on 1/8 and arrive in Ft. Lauderdale on 1/21.

We’ve got a 8 weeks of commissioning planned, most of which was has been decided. I was pleased to find a company called CubeSmart that provides storage units that will accept direct shipments (Amazon…YES) that will save me from the hassle of hauling boat equipment from Michigan.

I’m working on energy usage calculations so I can best-size the solar and charger inverter plan. Hoping to frame 4 of the new Sunpower 470W panels and perhaps as many as 4 Solara 140W flex panels on the coach roof. Charger/inverter is looking like a Quattro 5K to get the 200A charger (vs the factory installed 80A.) We’ll stick with the 900AH of OEM Varta AGMS until they start to fade, then go LiPo.

I can’t wait to step aboard for the first time.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:27   #41

Boat: Lagoon 450

Those AGMs could last you 6 years or more, current replacement for Lifpo is around $1000 per 100Ah + add on bits - hopefully prices will drop or an even better battery is designed by the time you want to change.
Bean Counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:45   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean Counter View Post
Those AGMs could last you 6 years or more, current replacement for Lifpo is around $1000 per 100Ah + add on bits - hopefully prices will drop or an even better battery is designed by the time you want to change.
My thoughts as well, except as FP put the house bank in the Starboard engine well (along with the 13.5KW Genset) , even with my planned <50% DOD, I'm not expecting the AGMs to last more than 3~4 years.

The work I'm doing now, (charger/inverter, programmable MPPTS...) will hopefully make the future LiPo upgrade pretty easy and hopefully less $$/AH.

Old 12-01-2019, 13:20   #43

It's official - We're underway!

High winds in France slowed loading and delayed us a couple days. Ghost is now due into Port Everglades at 11:00 on 1/24. Now all that has to be done is finalize the ~400 lines on my commissioning and outfitting spreadsheet.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9393981

Old 13-01-2019, 11:01   #44

Boat: Fountain Pajot SABA 50' (on order)

Congrats on the SABA

I have a SABA arriving in 3 months. We located a product called "Renolite" from Renolite Marine. You may want to have a look at that product before finally going the copper coat route. Cost is approx Euro 10k applied on a SABA
I have included both the URL and youtube links below

https://renolit-maritime.com
https://youtu.be/8IFsuExZVFk

Good luck with your SABA and I would welcome any good or bad experiences you have in the next couple of months

regards
Ikigai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 11:18   #45

Boat: Fountain Pajot SABA 50' (on order)

Congrats on the SABA

I have a SABA arriving in 3 months. We located a product called "Renolite" from Renolite Marine. You may want to have a look at that product before finally going the copper coat route. Cost is approx Euro 10k applied on a SABA
I have included both the URL and youtube links below

https://renolit-maritime.com
https://youtu.be/8IFsuExZVFk

Good luck with your SABA and I would welcome any good or bad experiences you have in the next couple of months

regards

Ikigai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Saba