Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-07-2017, 18:10   #1
DHC

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Tobago
1998 Tobago Holding Tank

One thing I didn't pay enough attention to when buying a 98 Tobago (3rd owner) was the sanitation system. My boat has only a 6 gallon holding tank, it is located in the port engine compartment on a shelf about 4.5 feet above the toilet. Was this the standard Tobago configuration? Any Tobago owners out there can you give me a idea how your boat is configured? Has anyone installed an electroscan or purascan? Space is limited by a 10 gallon water heater forward of the port engine and starting batteries on the same shelf as the holding tank. I would appreciate any suggestions
DHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 02:55   #2

Boat: 1994 Fountaine Pajot Tobago-35 "Lauren Marie"
Re: 1998 Tobago Holding Tank

Yes, that was standard config for Tobagos. We replaced our entire sanitation system with an Airhead in 2007. Fits into the same space as the old toilet seat did. Like it well enough that we won't have a "normal" system on any boat we own.

Take a look at Airhead, Natures Head and C-Head.

Regards
Mike F.
mfeene01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 17:37   #3

Boat: Fountaine pajot, Tobago 35
Re: 1998 Tobago Holding Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHC View Post
One thing I didn't pay enough attention to when buying a 98 Tobago (3rd owner) was the sanitation system. My boat has only a 6 gallon holding tank, it is located in the port engine compartment on a shelf about 4.5 feet above the toilet. Was this the standard Tobago configuration? Any Tobago owners out there can you give me a idea how your boat is configured? Has anyone installed an electroscan or purascan? Space is limited by a 10 gallon water heater forward of the port engine and starting batteries on the same shelf as the holding tank. I would appreciate any suggestions

We purchased a 1995 to Tobago 35. When we got it, the boat had a 3.5 gallon holding tank. We ended up installing an electroscan there was plenty of room in port engine room. So far works great, we do have four solar panels that keep our batteries charged.
alanw220 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holding tank, Tobago