Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 14:29   #46

Boat: 10.50 mètres
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
Gilletarom,
mercy beaucoup!
I have another batch of symbols from Francois waiting for review and inclusion here as well. ....
Salut de Iasi,

Pavel
Hello,

Yes I now because I exchanged a lot of mails with François.

Best regards

Gilletarom.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:51   #47

Boat: Phantom 19
Updates

Francois, Gerard,
thanks a lot for the submissions. Latest version on github. I hope I got everything right, please check your changes and let me know if I screwed something up or forgot something else...

I didn't include the green/white TOWERS and BCNTOW symbols yet as it is a bit more complicated - we probably should change the pattern on all the other color versions as well to keep it consistent. The problem is that all the other color versions look ok... My proposal is to keep the pattern as it is, but perhaps change the green color used on the green/white symbols to RADLO, which is darker and so brings much more contrast. What do you think?

Couple of notes, most of them of interest for the (wish there were any) future contributors:

1) COLPAT. I would personally ignore it in most cases and use the same symbol. From a practical point of view I can hardly imagine making horizontal stripes on, say, LITFLT symbol. Of course this is not a dogma and I know there are symbols which deserve both versions...

2) Naming. Please name the symbols according to their shape, not the purpose. The reason for this is, that except for the author, nobody will look for a particular beacon tower under anything else but BCNTOWxx

3) Numbering. Not as important as naming, but it's nice when the numbers in symbol names follow more or less the common pattern (where possible and the rules were not violated before, of course) for example empty=01, white=05, red=60, green=61, cardinal north=68, south=69, east=70, west=71 etc. BOYPIL is probably the most consistent example.

4) Symbol comments. When cloning the symbols, please change the description according to the new version created.

5) Color stripes. Ignore the count in most cases. The charts are wrong very often anyway. And for example with Dutch IENCs we get to real obscurities of for example COLOUR1,4,1,4,1,4,1 type...

Comments welcome.

Thanks a lot again, I really appreciate that you share this task with me.

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 15:01   #48

Boat: 10.50 mètres
Red cylinder buoy in Base display

Hello Nohal,

Using the 2.2 823:

In toolbox/Vector chart, I choice " Base" and I see that somme reds buoys are displayed.

see attach files

I think that there is an error in S52RAZDS.RLE. So I said this to you.

Cordialement

Gilletarom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-09-08_Red_Buoy_In_base.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	19073   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-09-08_Red_Buoy_In_base_screen_shot.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	19074