thanks a lot for the submissions. Latest version on github. I hope I got everything right, please check your changes and let me know if I screwed something up or forgot something else...
I didn't include the green/white TOWERS and BCNTOW symbols yet as it is a bit more complicated - we probably should change the pattern on all the other color versions as well to keep it consistent. The problem is that all the other color versions look ok... My proposal is to keep the pattern as it is, but perhaps change the green color used on the green/white symbols to RADLO, which is darker and so brings much more contrast. What do you think?
Couple of notes, most of them of interest for the (wish there were any) future contributors:
1) COLPAT. I would personally ignore it in most cases and use the same symbol. From a practical point of view I can hardly imagine making horizontal stripes on, say, LITFLT symbol. Of course this is not a dogma and I know there are symbols which deserve both versions...
2) Naming. Please name the symbols according to their shape, not the purpose. The reason for this is, that except for the author, nobody will look for a particular beacon tower under anything else but BCNTOWxx
3) Numbering. Not as important as naming, but it's nice when the numbers in symbol names follow more or less the common pattern (where possible and the rules were not violated before, of course) for example empty=01, white=05, red=60, green=61, cardinal north=68, south=69, east=70, west=71 etc. BOYPIL is probably the most consistent example.
4) Symbol comments. When cloning the symbols, please change the description according to the new version created.
5) Color stripes. Ignore the count in most cases. The charts
are wrong very often anyway. And for example with Dutch IENCs we get to real obscurities of for example COLOUR1,4,1,4,1,4,1 type...
Thanks a lot again, I really appreciate that you share this task with me.