Sean's weatherfax_pi is a very powerful tool for getting weather
Here is a good technique for using the Kap files that Weatherfax can save/export.
1. Add a new Chart Directory for Kap Files.
2. Add a new Chart Group for KAP.
3. Assign the kap chart directory to that group.
4. Save downloaded Weatherfax image files as KAP to the new Kap Chart Directory.
5. View them with a right-click, Pick Charts
6. Select which one to view with the Chart buttons.
See screenshots below.
There may be other techniques that could be used. Please contribute.
Also there may be some improvements which could be made to Weather_fax which would have an option to automatically save image files to a certain directory and label the file with a name that is discernable, Like Noaa-Boston-[type of file] (surface 24hre, surface 48 hr, etc).
Also weatherfax itself could read and display Kap as well as image files.
Currently I find the Image Wizard is not working but that will be fixed. The newer version may even compatible with Version 4.4 but not before. (Which is what I found out about the current
version of weather_routing. (Just have not tested it.)
At any rate, here are some shots of the KAP Chart technique.