Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-02-2018, 00:43   #1366

Boat: 10.50 mètres
Re: Weather Routing

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelian View Post
Hi Gilletarom,

I don't see those strings neither in the source code nor in Crowdin.

There were a few missing strings in Crowdin (but not those you mention) and I've just translated them a few seconds ago, feel free to check: https://crowdin.com/translate/opencpn/126/en-fr
Oups .... Stupid Gilletarom.

These items are in the Climatology plugin. I will post a post in the right thread.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 00:52   #1367

Boat: First 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Oups .... Stupid Gilletarom.

These items are in the Climatology plugin. I will post a post in the right thread.
BTW, I looked into the climatology source and all these are related to precipitation units, so the strings would be :
- pouces/jour
- pouces/mois
- pieds/mois
- mètres/an
- pouce/an
- pieds/an
stelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 01:02   #1368

Sean,

I saw that you bumped the version level tonight (going to 1.11.1), but you still didn't put a git tag !

Can you please tag the tree each time you modify the version ? This will help all "builders" to work on the same code base, and provide consistent versioning on the opencpn download page.

Thanks !

(the same apply to all of your plugins !!!)
Old 16-02-2018, 07:48   #1369

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Yes, tagging would help me be too because I have to manually add the minor version numbers after compiling and I would like the version numbering to sync with other OS compilations!

Alternatively tell us how to tag and do the version numbering before we compile.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 08:20   #1370

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

I bump minor versions occasionally to indicate differences, and so it is obvious to notice outdated versions. We do not make official releases with each minor version, but many plugins should be released in the near future.

The plugin still has some bugs, and is undergoing active development.
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 05:07   #1371

Downloaded recent from appveyor
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/sean...0.15/artifacts

Used Gille's tests.
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2551635

The boundarty data is not recognized for some reason. After turning off boundary it does compute. Anyone else have this trouble?
Old 17-02-2018, 08:49   #1372

Added "Cleanup of Prior installation" and removed the special #4. Mac Install directions.

https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/do...eather_routing

Kevinh are there just a few lines we should add for Mac Users? Perhaps just a note to Mac users where to find the User files for the weatherrouting_pi plugin to confirm they have been created?
Old 17-02-2018, 11:21   #1373

Boat: Lagoon 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Added "Cleanup of Prior installation" and removed the special #4. Mac Install directions.

https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/do...eather_routing

Kevinh are there just a few lines we should add for Mac Users? Perhaps just a note to Mac users where to find the User files for the weatherrouting_pi plugin to confirm they have been created?
Hi Rick,

I looked at what is involved in cleaning up the prior installation of Weather Routing on OpenCPN for Mac compared with what you do for the Windows installation. The Mac folders involved are:
Applications/OpenCPN.app/Contents/PlugIns/weather_routing_pi
Applications/OpenCPN.app/Contents/SharedSupport/plugins/weather_routing_pi
<username>/Preferences/opencpn/plugins/weather_routing
<username>/Preferences/opencpn/opencpn.ini

I see no issue with deleting the first two as presumably the new weather-routing_pi will replace these read only folders and files in the Application.

I also assume that installation of the new weather_routing_pi will automatically create <username>/Preferences/opencpn/plugins/weather_routing and populate it with the data from the program files. As you know, you have to do this manually with Weather_routing-Plugin_1.11.0.

The problem I have with deleting <username>/Preferences/opencpn/plugins/weather_routing is that any user created polars, the user created boat (xml) files and the WeatherRoutingConfiguration.xml file will be lost. The boat files and the WeatherRoutingConfiguration.xml files are reasonably easy to recreate, but loss of user created specific boat polars could be a real issue. It took me hours of work to create my polars for my Lagoon 500.

Guess a solution to this is to copy the user specific polars to a safe location, and then put them back into the polar folder after the new installation of weather_routing_pi.

If the folder and file names do not change with the new weather_routing_pi, then how important is it to delete <username>/Preferences/opencpn/plugins/weather_routing. Also, is it really necessary to edit the opencpn.ini file and delete all references to the weather_routing installation. I looked at this and it would be very easy for the uninformed to mess up the ini file.

Anyway, I have done a draft cleanup procedure following what is written for Windows currently.

"Cleanup of Prior Weather Route Installation for MacOS

Go to Applications/OpenCPN.app/Contents/PlugIns and delete the folder weather_routing_pi

Go to Applications/OpenCPN.app/Contents/SharedSupport/plugins and delete the folder weather_routing_pi

Go to <username>/Preferences/opencpn
Open opencpn.ini with Text Editor and delete all references to Weather Routing

Go to <username>/Preferences/opencpn/plugins and delete the folder weather_routing. Prior to deleting this folder, copy the polars folder within to your desktop. You may wish to return any user specific polar files to the polar folder after the new installation of weather_routing_pi, otherwise they will be lost."

In relation to checking if the user folders and files have been created for Mac, I suggest you add the following to wiki Part 4:
"For Mac users, check to see that the following has been created by the installation of the Weather_Routing_Plugin:
<username>/Preferences/opencpn/plugins/weather_routing
<username>/Preferences/opencpn/plugins/weather_routing/boats
<username>/Preferences/opencpn/plugins/weather_routing/polars"

Any idea when a new beta of the Weather_Routing_Plugin will be available for testing on the Mac?
kevinvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 14:01   #1374

KevinH,
From the most recent commit #143 on github
https://github.com/seandepagnier/wea...commits/master

Then hover over the green check box for that commit and left click, a menu appears.
Pick "continuous-integration/travis-ci/push"
Then Details
to get to this page:
https://travis-ci.org/seandepagnier/...=notification— The Travis CI build passed (which is good)

I've looked over TravisCI and have not found out where the compiled files are located.

and have looked back into Github "Releases" and find nothing new.

I think this has to be set up somehow so that travis uploads the necessary files to the Github Release Tab, but I am unsure about how it works at this point.

Someone is going to have to explain how Continuous Integration for Linux and Max works and where we get the files.

I'll review your work and add it after Stelian perhaps can answer your question regarding the necessary steps for the cleanup. I believe all references to the plugin must be removed from the ini file, perhaps Stelian will correct me.

Just a note about the need to do this. If you want the examples to work, and to have the proper setup structure, it is necessary. I have only done this cleanup once before upgrading, from then on it is unnecessary.
Old 17-02-2018, 16:07   #1375

Boat: Lagoon 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
KevinH,
From the most recent commit #143 on github
https://github.com/seandepagnier/wea...commits/master

Then hover over the green check box for that commit and left click, a menu appears.
Pick "continuous-integration/travis-ci/push"
Then Details
to get to this page:
https://travis-ci.org/seandepagnier/...=notification— The Travis CI build passed (which is good)

I've looked over TravisCI and have not found out where the compiled files are located.

and have looked back into Github "Releases" and find nothing new.

I think this has to be set up somehow so that travis uploads the necessary files to the Github Release Tab, but I am unsure about how it works at this point.

Someone is going to have to explain how Continuous Integration for Linux and Max works and where we get the files.

I'll review your work and add it after Stelian perhaps can answer your question regarding the necessary steps for the cleanup. I believe all references to the plugin must be removed from the ini file, perhaps Stelian will correct me.

Just a note about the need to do this. If you want the examples to work, and to have the proper setup structure, it is necessary. I have only done this cleanup once before upgrading, from then on it is unnecessary.
Yeh, that was a little difficult for me to follow - think part of the problem is that Mac operates differently to Windows as I did not get a menu hovering over the green check box.

No worries - I will wait until someone tells me where I can download the dmg file.

I will have a closer look at the opencpn.ini file and see what is involved.

Thanks - Kevin
kevinvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 16:39   #1376

Boat: Phantom 19

Rick, Kevin...
Can someone explain to me why do we have to delete some files manually and why do we have to edit the configuration manually, please? What do we achieve by doing that?
If we really have to do it to achieve something, we should fix the code not to have to do it anymore.
Also if we need to manually download or copy some files somewhere, it is a bug and has to be fixed, not something that has to generate pages of documentation. So if we have to do it, please tell me where and we will fix the code not to have to do it anymore.

Thanks

Pavel
nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 18:03   #1377

Boat: Amel Sharki

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
Rick, Kevin...
Can someone explain to me why do we have to delete some files manually and why do we have to edit the configuration manually, please? What do we achieve by doing that?
If we really have to do it to achieve something, we should fix the code not to have to do it anymore.
Also if we need to manually download or copy some files somewhere, it is a bug and has to be fixed, not something that has to generate pages of documentation. So if we have to do it, please tell me where and we will fix the code not to have to do it anymore.

Thanks

Pavel
Correct!

But is there also a routine to delete supplement files and the supplement lines in the ini when you deinstall a plugin on the Mac? I'am afraid a clean deinstallation is not foreseen for Mac.

Gerhard
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 18:13   #1378

Boat: Phantom 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCode View Post
Correct!

But is there also a routine to delete supplement files and the supplement lines in the ini when you deinstall a plugin on the Mac? I'am afraid a clean deinstallation is not foreseen for Mac.

Gerhard

Can you describe a use case where it is needed, please?
nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 23:28   #1379

Boat: Amel Sharki

Quote:
Can you describe a use case where it is needed, please?
I had always guessed any software which has an installer should also have an uninstaller. Agreed very few software installers have such a feature. The Mac is no exception. The worst example is however Windows where the system becomes slower and slower after the years mostly for the increasing Registry.

BTW thanks for finally cleaning up the code now. I've waiting many years for that.

Gerhard
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 03:14   #1380

Quote:
Rick, Kevin...

Thanks

Pavel
Pavel,

Please reread http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2577601 where I explain how the boats and polar are copied over the user's directory on the first invocation. If the user already used WR, the directory will exist and the file will not be copied. This is not a problem per se (the plugin will still work correctly), but could confuse newcomers (we provide a "default" configuration in order to help them !).

Maybe there is a more intelligent way of doing this...

As for opencpn.conf/ini I don't believe it is necessary to edit it by hand.

Tags
paracelle, weather